Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Before the EU meeting today Macron said ‘ we can give the UK a bit more time but if Parliament don’t accept the deal we will have to move to a ‘no deal’

Once he got in the meeting with the other 26 they must have shit themselves realising it could end up being a ‘no deal’, what should have been a quick meeting to send TM back with an ultimatum turned into a very long meeting of differing views, looks like the threat of ‘no deal’ concentrated a few minds and is still our best chance of getting a better deal

If all you Remainers are happy with the spectacle of the UK, yes the UK, sat outside the room waiting while 27 other European Countries decide our fate, it’s not for me

14 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

He talks a great game, he is really convincing. His actions show his real side. Another cunt.

He doesn't even talk a good game these days. He's just a cock. Even those who want hardline Brexit think he's a cunt now. He's a proper busted flush. The likes of Bolty and Malcolm probably think he's great though

2 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

If all you Remainers are happy with the spectacle of the UK, yes the UK, sat outside the room waiting while 27 other European Countries decide our fate, it’s not for me

Which is fair enough. If you don't like it, you can leave as well

Remember, you won, this is what you wanted. Get over it 😁

Just now, Moon boy said:

Before the EU meeting today Macron said ‘ we can give the UK a bit more time but if Parliament don’t accept the deal we will have to move to a ‘no deal’

Once he got in the meeting with the other 26 they must have shit themselves realising it could end up being a ‘no deal’, what should have been a quick meeting to send TM back with an ultimatum turned into a very long meeting of differing views, looks like the threat of ‘no deal’ concentrated a few minds and is still our best chance of getting a better deal

What do expect them to do? As you keep reminding us that A50 is now the LAW and that LAW clearly states we would leave on 29th March but the UK parliament has failed to agree to the awful May deal. So we are now asking, cap in hand, for an extension so that is what happens when you choose to leave, you get sidelined and get terms dictated to you. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Ok, give a straight answer, how would you solve the situation we are now in

Revoke Article 50 and tell the Brexiter's to come back when they have a clear idea of exactly what they want, and a feasible plan to achieve it. A common sense approach. Unfortunately we are well beyond that point. 

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Revoke Article 50 and tell the Brexiter's to come back when they have a clear idea of exactly what they want, and a feasible plan to achieve it. A comment sense approach. Unfortunately we are well beyond that point. 

If you revoke A50 we don’t leave, end off, if that’s what YOU want say so

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

If you revoke A50 we don’t leave, end off, if that’s what YOU want say so

You asked me what I'D do, and I told you. It's irrelevant, but you asked the question, and I answered. 

What would YOU do then? 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

So the exit date at the earliest is now 12th April. Theresa May said over 100 times in parliament that we’d definitely leave on 29th March.

I said in January we wouldn’t.....quite a few on here were insistent we would.....

You’re right then, congrats

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Revoke Article 50 and tell the Brexiter's to come back when they have a clear idea of exactly what they want, and a feasible plan to achieve it. A common sense approach. Unfortunately we are well beyond that point. 

So you couldn’t solve the problem then. Why didn’t you just say that. 

Just now, royal white said:

So you couldn’t solve the problem then. Why didn’t you just say that. 

I don’t think anyone can solve the problem. The real choices we have are the deal as is, a no deal exit or revoking A50.

Until everyone faces up to that and faces up to the fact that parliament are opposed to a no deal exit so any likelihood of that being a democratic choice requires another election or referendum just as revoking A50 does...

The only choice is the deal on the table or delay and go through some sort of electoral process....

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Go on,say it, you would cancel Brexit

Yes, that's what I've just said. Because what was promised has turned out to be entirely false, so until those who made those promises can explain how they can be fulfilled, we shouldn't proceed with it. 

How would you resolve it? 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don’t think anyone can solve the problem. The real choices we have are the deal as is, a no deal exit or revoking A50.

Until everyone faces up to that and faces up to the fact that parliament are opposed to a no deal exit so any likelihood of that being a democratic choice requires another election or referendum just as revoking A50 does...

The only choice is the deal on the table or delay and go through some sort of electoral process....

A GE is the only way forward, with a delay until we have had one, let’s have some clarity from both main parties and vote accordingly 

55 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Wow! 

You see, from the outset Mounts predicted that a deal would be done. Then he backed the TM deal (with a few tweaks) as it delivered Brexit. Now he thinks the TM deal is terrible and isn’t really Brexit. He also predicts that TM’s deal won’t be the last deal on the table. But he also thinks we might not get a deal (and therefore leave without a deal - so that at some point we can do a different deal).

Simples.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yes, that's what I've just said. Because what was promised has turned out to be entirely false, so until those who made those promises can explain how they can be fulfilled, we shouldn't proceed with it. 

How would you resolve it? 

In Parliament there is a majority of Remainers if they wanted they could put forward a vote to revoke A50 and stop Brexit but Parliament will not propose a vote to cancel Brexit because they don’t have the balls to do it, so the ONLY legal indicator at the moment was the Referendum and the majority, which is usually enough, voted to leave the EU so at the moment that’s what we should do

If you don’t accept the Referendum you are not a democrat