Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

12 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

A GE is the only way forward, with a delay until we have had one, let’s have some clarity from both main parties and vote accordingly 

What if it doesn’t produce a clear majority for any party just like now?

The only absolutely clear way is another referendum of some sort. 

Easiest thing would be for parliament to agree the deal and to let us spend the next 3 years arguing about the free trade deal and other deals we need to do with the EU. That’s the really worrying thing for me. This is the quick and easy part compared to a free trade deal.

7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You see, from the outset Mounts predicted that a deal would be done. Then he backed the TM deal (with a few tweaks) as it delivered Brexit. Now he thinks the TM deal is terrible and isn’t really Brexit. He also predicts that TM’s deal won’t be the last deal on the table. But he also thinks we might not get a deal (and therefore leave without a deal - so that at some point we can do a different deal).

Simples.

I other words, no matter what happens Mounts will have predicted it, a quite remarkable effort i'd say

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

In Parliament there is a majority of Remainers if they wanted they could put forward a vote to revoke A50 and stop Brexit but Parliament will not propose a vote to cancel Brexit because they don’t have the balls to do it, so the ONLY legal indicator at the moment was the Referendum and the majority, which is usually enough, voted to leave the EU so at the moment that’s what we should do

If you don’t accept the Referendum you are not a democrat

I am not an MP,  you absolute cockwaffle. You asked me for my opinion. Don't worry, you've "won". Enjoy it. 

Edited by Cheese

21 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I see the hystericals are reaching fever pitch as the date draws near.

Let's hope they get sent into orbit on the 29th.

I’ve got my popcorn ready (I bought some early just Incase we can’t get it once we leave the EU) for when we finally leave! I’m predicting a few meltdowns on here.

• Members
1 hour ago, royal white said:

I’ve got my popcorn ready (I bought some early just Incase we can’t get it once we leave the EU) for when we finally leave! I’m predicting a few meltdowns on here.

Of course we won't be able to get it other than the odd morsel carried by a strong wind coming across the Channel. Don't you realise that all transportation methods will implode; electricity will refuse to be generated in sympathy with the lack of solar energy (due to the sun not coming up any more) and, worst of all, escargots will turn tail and sprint towards the Med in the hope they will retain some relevance.

Project Fear may as well get even more ridiculous.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Of course we won't be able to get it other than the odd morsel carried by a strong wind coming across the Channel. Don't you realise that all transportation methods will implode; electricity will refuse to be generated in sympathy with the lack of solar energy (due to the sun not coming up any more) and, worst of all, escargots will turn tail and sprint towards the Med in the hope they will retain some relevance.

Project Fear may as well get even more ridiculous.

Wait for the panic buying to start. Once they've got over the glow of signing their petition and got in a bit of extra virtue signalling in the Guardian comments section echo chamber they'll be down to the shops stocking up on Prosecco and pitted olives before they run out. Nice things to consume while worshipping Lord Adonis's tweets. What a wise man he is. 

The future is all bread and water. Prepare for doom.

7 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What if it doesn’t produce a clear majority for any party just like now?

The only absolutely clear way is another referendum of some sort. 

Easiest thing would be for parliament to agree the deal and to let us spend the next 3 years arguing about the free trade deal and other deals we need to do with the EU. That’s the really worrying thing for me. This is the quick and easy part compared to a free trade deal.

A General Election, ‘What If it doesn’t produce a clear majority ‘

’The only absolutely CLEAR way is another Referendum of SOME sort,  that’s very clear

If another GE doesn’t produce a clear majority then  I will accept that situation as being the WILL of the people because I am a Democrat, I won’t ask for another ‘people’s vote’

If a newly formed Government decide to cancel A50 I will accept that

If a newly formed Government decide to leave the EU the day after the GE I will accept that because I am a DEMOCRAT

18 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

A General Election, ‘What If it doesn’t produce a clear majority ‘

’The only absolutely CLEAR way is another Referendum of SOME sort,  that’s very clear

If another GE doesn’t produce a clear majority then  I will accept that situation as being the WILL of the people because I am a Democrat, I won’t ask for another ‘people’s vote’

If a newly formed Government decide to cancel A50 I will accept that

If a newly formed Government decide to leave the EU the day after the GE I will accept that because I am a DEMOCRAT

I get that. But wouldn’t it just be easier for all MPs to accept the compromise of the deal, leave on 22nd May with a deal then have a GE to determine who will be negotiating the next phase?

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

I see the MOD have admitted 3,500 troops have been put on standby for a no deal Brexit.

cheese wasn’t far off.

Wasn’t far off? Approx 130k off!!

As for the 3500 on standby, the majority will be from the country’s rapid deployment force which is always in place. 

looks like some people’s scaremongering is working on some.  

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Wasn’t far off? Approx 130k off!!

As for the 3500 on standby, the majority will be from the country’s rapid deployment force which is always in place. 

looks like some people’s scaremongering is working on some.  

I didn’t say he was right, so save your bellicose teeth-grinding for other people.

i was suggesting his mention of troops wasn’t  wholly without truth.

In future, I’ll make my posts a bit more straightforward for your benefit.

have a Valium.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I didn’t say he was right, so save your bellicose teeth-grinding for other people.

i was suggesting his mention of troops wasn’t  wholly without truth.

In future, I’ll make my posts a bit more straightforward for your benefit.

have a Valium.

There’s a difference between a mention of troops and the whole British military having leave cancelled. 

No teeth grinding here hun, just pointing out those suckers who have been duped by a bit of scarmongering.

no need for a vali, yourself and cheese have been posting, it’s enough to make anyone zzzzzzzzx

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

There’s a difference between a mention of troops and the whole British military having leave cancelled. 

No teeth grinding here hun, just pointing out those suckers who have been duped by a bit of scarmongering.

no need for a vali, yourself and cheese have been posting, it’s enough to make anyone zzzzzzzzx

Ok

8 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I other words, no matter what happens Mounts will have predicted it, a quite remarkable effort i'd say

Nope, if we fail to get free trade deal, single market access ( without freedom of movement) and continue paying into and ruled over by the EU then I’ll be completely wrong. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

53 minutes ago, Spider said:

I see the MOD have admitted 3,500 troops have been put on standby for a no deal Brexit.

cheese wasn’t far off.

Keep saying to yourself...troops...a bunker doing emergency military planning......this isn’t a war, it isn’t a national disaster.....it’s a political choice. We are choosing to put ourselves into a state of emergency. 

Absolutely the most bonkers thing any nation will have done in history.

In 50 years time future generations will try and fail to understand.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I get that. But wouldn’t it just be easier for all MPs to accept the compromise of the deal, leave on 22nd May with a deal then have a GE to determine who will be negotiating the next phase?

No, because if we sign up to the the WA there is no unilateral exit for the UK, and you know that

10 hours ago, Sweep said:

He doesn't even talk a good game these days. He's just a cock. Even those who want hardline Brexit think he's a cunt now. He's a proper busted flush. The likes of Bolty and Malcolm probably think he's great though

Thing is he's possibly got one of the safest seats in the country so he isn't going anywhere 

37 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

No, because if we sign up to the the WA there is no unilateral exit for the UK, and you know that

IF we enter the backstop that is true. But we can choose to extend the transition period to avoid that if needed. I mean it’s not good but reality is that the EU aren’t budging on it and in fairness they cannot.

My point was a general election now could very well lead to the Tories losing a handful of seats and no longer commanding any majority even with the DUP. It’s quite possible. Which means the mess only deepens.

A GE that produced a clear result would be great but there are no guarantees it would. It would also mean we’d have to delay A50 and take part in the Euro elections. And all that 6 months down the line might leave us back to where we are a gridlocked Parliament.

The only compromise is the deal on the table. I don’t see any sensible outcome possible if MPs continue to reject it.