Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Just catching up from my question last night re what will the remainers do when we leave.

Fair play to the tiny minority who replied....

Still waiting for the incessant posters to reply......come on you,soft twats... we’re all mates....show your colours..

I will be fine but that wasn't my concern Si, i am more worried about those people who could lose their jobs because of the disruption. The consensus across economists, though not all, is that we will be poorer as a result of leaving which is madness

12 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I will be fine but that wasn't my concern Si, i am more worried about those people who could lose their jobs because of the disruption. The consensus across economists, though not all, is that we will be poorer as a result of leaving which is madness

Sorry Pete.....COULD...CONSENSUS...........Not facts are they mate ? Just like the economists who said billions of job losses and a deep recession in 2016 when we left........utter bullshit pal.

You know me and I only deal in facts.

18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Sorry Pete.....COULD...CONSENSUS...........Not facts are they mate ? Just like the economists who said billions of job losses and a deep recession in 2016 when we left........utter bullshit pal.

Correct, and it’s quite feasible that if we stay in the EU that economy could tank jobs could go and people be poorer, no one knows for sure. 

The only fact is ST has been Mr negative about Brexit from day one. 

25 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

No problem Si... So where do we start.. 

1. The UK will pay nothing to the EU when they leave the EU... We end up paying £39b

2. The NHS will get £350m per week... Dismissed as a lie

3. We wouldn't be subject to ECJ jurisdiction but if we agree this WA then we would be

4. Trade talks would run in parallel with the WA.. Davis caved in on day 1

5. David Davis told us "there will be no downside to Brexit only upsides"... How wrong he was

6. David Davis said "we don't really want a transition deal but we will agree to it to keep the EU happy"....thank goodness we have the option of one should we agree the WA

7. We will be out of the EU on 29th March May kept on reminding us... Wrong once again

8. These trade deals will be the easiest thing in the world.. How wrong Dr Fox was

9. Davis also promised that we would have lots of trade deals ready when we due to leave the EU... Wrong... Dr Fox has only signed a handful of the 40 current trade deals that the EU have and ones that we need to mirror after we leave. No trade deals could be negotiated because Davis couldn't agree that

10. Free movement to EU citizens will end on 29th March... Once again another failed promise

There you go Si.. You asked for facts and you got facts 😉

Edited by Salford Trotter

24 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

1. The UK will pay nothing to the EU when they leave the EU... We end up paying £39b

3. We wouldn't be subject to ECJ jurisdiction but if we agree this WA then we would be

5. David Davis told us "there will be no downside to Brexit only upsides"... How wrong he was

6. David Davis said "we don't really want a transition deal but we will agree to it to keep the EU happy"....thank goodness we have the option of one should we agree the WA

7. We will be out of the EU on 29th March May kept on reminding us... Wrong once again

8. These trade deals will be the easiest thing in the world.. How wrong Dr Fox was

9. Davis also promised that we would have lots of trade deals ready when we due to leave the EU... Wrong... Dr Fox has only signed a handful of the 40 current trade deals that the EU have and ones that we need to mirror after we leave. No trade deals could be negotiated because Davis couldn't agree that

10. Free movement to EU citizens will end on 29th March... Once again another failed promise

Did anyone say the NHS will get 350million per week? 

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Nigel Farage: £350 million pledge to fund the NHS was 'a mistake'

It was a mistake that was the gross figure not nett contribution, it was also a figure to demonstrate what we pay the EU not a government policy. Yet Remain quote it as lies and played a big part in leave winning the referendum, in reality the claim was quite rightly refuted virtually immediately.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members

No doubt a "Leave means Leave" one will follow.

As pathetic as this petition is, at least the honesty is coming through. The people who sign this are publicising that they are anti democratic and deserve all the scorn they receive.

Do the losing side of the referendum realise what will follow if that democratic decision is reversed? There are a lot of fucking simpletons out there if they don't. Tusk talked about a 'special kind of hell'. He may inadvertently have been correct.

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was a mistake that was the gross figure not nett contribution, it was also a figure to demonstrate what we pay the EU not a government policy. Yet Remain quote it as lies and played a big part in leave winning the referendum, in reality the claim was quite rightly refuted virtually immediately.  

That is was refuted immediately is plain wrong as it was a central message of the leave campaign for weeks/months just in the same way that Turkey was going to be allowed to join the EU and swamp our country with immigrants. All these lies prodded, poked, stoked and whipped up hysteria that was just a pack of lies. I don't care how you describe it but that influenced how people voted and my own m-i-law openly admits she was suckered in by that message and voted leave. She regrets that decision every day. 

21 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

That is was refuted immediately is plain wrong as it was a central message of the leave campaign for weeks/months just in the same way that Turkey was going to be allowed to join the EU and swamp our country with immigrants. All these lies prodded, poked, stoked and whipped up hysteria that was just a pack of lies. I don't care how you describe it but that influenced how people voted and my own m-i-law openly admits she was suckered in by that message and voted leave. She regrets that decision every day. 

I wonder why the remain campaign didn’t jump all over this ‘massive lie’? they could have nipped it in the bud there and then and the likes of your in law would be waking up without  regrets everyday.

Edited by royal white

5 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Dear me Pete, shall I respond with facts too ?

I’d be here until we leave with the whoppers from your beloved lot.

Seeing your arse has gone, I’ll leave this local item with you 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17518915.bolton-based-toilet-roll-supplier-wepa-stocks-up-in-case-of-no-deal-brexit/

8 hours ago, royal white said:

I wonder why the remain campaign didn’t jump all over this ‘massive lie’? they could have nipped it in the bud there and then and the likes of your in law would be waking up without  regrets everyday.

They did jump all over it no one believed it to be true.  The lies are made by remainers that it duped folk into  voting to leave.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper