Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, gonzo said:

It was always going to be that way though. Too much to sort out. 

Now we know properly what it takes to leave, and the options are properly laid out clear for all to see. 

Why not just have another vote so it’s crystal clear what we are doing?

To me leavers just don’t want another vote because they are frightened it won’t go there way.

I voted remain, but could be swayed a better deal, there’s also plenty of leavers that wouldn’t leave on mays deal.

really don’t think it’s all about sour grapes. 

Let’s just settle it now it’s all a bit clearer. 

I can see a lot of leavers saying let’s fuck it off, if nothing happened first time round what changes the second. On the flip side I have seen a few who voted remain and still want to remain but have said that they would vote leave due to the recent fiasco.

What happens if leave win again?  do we go first to three? What about if remain wins then do we have another? 

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

I can’t see what it’s going to do though, same with the petition. 

Perhaps nothing. Perhaps it will make a few MPs sit up and think differently. If nothing else, about a million people will go to bed tonight thinking “at least I tried”.

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

One thing to gain from today’s march is ‘all the old white folk in the U.K. voted leave’ is a complete myth. The ‘Gammon’ as remainers like to label them were out in force today. It looked like a scene from Walking dead 

Did you have gammon, egg and chips for tea? That’s the third time you’ve used the word in the last 8 hours. 

3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Did you have gammon, egg and chips for tea? That’s the third time you’ve used the word in the last 8 hours. 

I don’t like Gammon. Some folk like Gammon but Gammon is not for me. 

Thats 6 for you now. Is there a limit on how many times I can use a certain word.

36 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

That’s a hell of a turn out. Some off here attend marches that could only dream of a fraction of those numbers.

I reckon there was more than 1 million there, who knows if it will come to something but that was impressive. It looked like Farage had about 7 on his 🙂

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

I reckon there was more than 1 million there, who knows if it will come to something but that was impressive. It looked like Farage had about 7 on his 🙂

I reckon 675, 328. However comparing the 2 is a little pointless. 1 group are marching the length of the country the other just had to turn up in London on a Saturday afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Never mind petal the other 6 will soldier on regardless

They don’t really need to, they will get their way in a few weeks. Then maybe you can join the rest of the losers as I’m sure they will have another meaningless march once we leave.

• Members
13 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

There were plenty of Leave campaigners digusted with that poster including Gove and Adams and many said it led to a rise in race hate crime. If i remember correctly Farage even said that this poster actually won the referendum for Leave campaign. I don't claim to be morally superior all i have done is call out what i believe were unacceptable lies. 

I gave that a like for what you didn't say. "From both sides" left off the end. Speaks volumes so deserves a like.

• Members
8 hours ago, kent_white said:

And he got proper bummed on here as some kind of paragon of common sense. Whilst maintaining climate change had nothing to do with carbon emissions.

Some low blows being landed here against a bloke not here to defend himself. Others maybe (mainly those he tied in knots) but didn't think you would sink to that level.

For the record, he and Smiffs are sorely missed in this quarter and I rated both of them with high intellect and abundant common sense. Shame we can't trade for some of the halfwits and get them back.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

For the record, he and Smiffs are sorely missed in this quarter and I rated both of them with high intellect and abundant common sense. Shame we can't trade for some of the halfwits and get them back.

Are you volunteering?