Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

That’s a hell of a turn out. Some off here attend marches that could only dream of a fraction of those numbers.

Yes......it just shows more folk are moaning losers who didn’t get their way, than are actually bothered with extremist hate preachers (left or right) etc........but there is a tenuous link

You’d better stock up with candles and poems for when we leave :D

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Some low blows being landed here against a bloke not here to defend himself. Others maybe (mainly those he tied in knots) but didn't think you would sink to that level.

For the record, he and Smiffs are sorely missed in this quarter and I rated both of them with high intellect and abundant common sense. Shame we can't trade for some of the halfwits and get them back.

So do you still think he was right when he said it could all be sorted out in 2 weeks? 

He spoke about the legislation involved like he wrote it himself then he became unstick as soon at it turned out that A50 would mean it takes 2 years at least 

BD brought up self righteous, for me Maggie Tate was the absolute worst for it on this board, just my opinion of course 

For those of you of a more left-wing persuasion but pro-Brexit it's interesting to see that the old SDP is making a comeback. They're standing in by-elections, they've some local councillors and they have an MEP. An old fashioned mix of being economically to the left but socially conservative. They are pointedly not "liberal".

https://sdp.org.uk/

One of their main supporters is Rod Liddle, the ex editor of the Today Programme. In this interview he talks about the ills of liberalism, BBC bias and Brexit. Very interesting stuff. As a conservative I couldn't vote for the SDP but I'm glad to see this kickback and they fill a yawning gap in British politics.

It's also quite funny in place .... "Corbyn and Blair - two cheeks of the same liberal arsehole" 

6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

For those of you of a more left-wing persuasion but pro-Brexit it's interesting to see that the old SDP is making a comeback. They're standing in by-elections, they've some local councillors and they have an MEP. An old fashioned mix of being economically to the left but socially conservative. They are pointedly not "liberal".

https://sdp.org.uk/

One of their main supporters is Rod Liddle, the ex editor of the Today Programme. In this interview he talks about the ills of liberalism, BBC bias and Brexit. Very interesting stuff. As a conservative I couldn't vote for the SDP but I'm glad to see this kickback and they fill a yawning gap in British politics.

It's also quite funny in place .... "Corbyn and Blair - two cheeks of the same liberal arsehole" 

Interesting statistic;

There’s this common understanding that more Labour voters voted to remain.

True, but 61% of Labour seats were to leave.

No wonder Corbyn is sat on the fence vacillating 

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting statistic;

There’s this common understanding that more Labour voters voted to remain.

True, but 61% of Labour seats were to leave.

No wonder Corbyn is sat on the fence vacillating 

There are millions in this country who would never vote conservative but believe in the nation state and have a growing sense of unease with the liberal thought police. You're describing them. Rod Liddle is one of them. I hope they get traction.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im not left wing in any way but think we should remain. 

Not all people that voted leave are right wing either. 

But, you'll abide with the result?

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes......it just shows more folk are moaning losers who didn’t get their way, than are actually bothered with extremist hate preachers (left or right) etc........but there is a tenuous link

You’d better stock up with candles and poems for when we leave :D

There’s an ex-Army bloke I know of who writes poems...

By the way, what is the obsession with “winning” and “losing”? That theme runs through quite a few of the posts from a handful of Brexiteers on here. It’s as though you’re more interested in making it a competition and “beating” someone than actually caring about the outcome. Perhaps explains why some people would rather have a catastrophic “no deal”, just so they can tell themselves they’re still winning. 

16 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The deal on the table abides with the result 

Plenty on the leave side have decided that it isn’t good enough and the simple Yes / No vote meant more than it did 

It's a shocking deal!

15 hours ago, royal white said:

People have different views of embarrassing. I find the link below embarrassing but no doubt it would get you hard (I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re on it) 

Reminds me of watching Torquay fans getting on their coaches after Wembley '89 singing, Nice One Cyril with inflatable deflated seagulls...

41 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

There’s an ex-Army bloke I know of who writes poems...

By the way, what is the obsession with “winning” and “losing”? That theme runs through quite a few of the posts from a handful of Brexiteers on here. It’s as though you’re more interested in making it a competition and “beating” someone than actually caring about the outcome. Perhaps explains why some people would rather have a catastrophic “no deal”, just so they can tell themselves they’re still winning. 

Not at all re making it a competition, I disucced my side of things the other night on here with Winchester White, thanks for your concern all the same.

55 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

But, you'll abide with the result?

I’d rather leave without a deal than the half in half out deal.

When I voted remain, in my mind it was either stay and carry on as normal or risk going in to recession and economic meltdown. 

I very nearly vote leave but decided my reasons weren’t worth the probably instance of the latter. 

I think there should be another vote. Stay or leave without a deal as there’s no deal that will ever get through Parliament nor please everybody. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

It's a shocking deal!

Your opinion, 

mine is, its worse than what we have but it’s better than no deal at all 

I’d bet this deal would get more support in both the House of Parliament and also if we had a referendum on it and let the people choose (not that I’d favour one of those again) 

Anyone standing against this deal is as big an ‘enemy of democracy’ as the folk marching for a second referendum 

7 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Your opinion, 

mine is, its worse than what we have but it’s better than no deal at all 

I’d bet this deal would get more support in both the House of Parliament and also if we had a referendum on it and let the people choose (not that I’d favour one of those again) 

Anyone standing against this deal is as big an ‘enemy of democracy’ as the folk marching for a second referendum 

I think I’d rather stay than take her shite deal.

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Some low blows being landed here against a bloke not here to defend himself. Others maybe (mainly those he tied in knots) but didn't think you would sink to that level.

For the record, he and Smiffs are sorely missed in this quarter and I rated both of them with high intellect and abundant common sense. Shame we can't trade for some of the halfwits and get them back.

Yes - you were one of the 'prime minister' brigade! :)