Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I think I’d rather stay than take her shite deal.

That ship has sailed 

We need to honour the referendum and limit short and medium term damage 

This is the deal we have, it’s only interim of course, it isn’t the agreement for ever more 

Lets just take it and move on from all this sorry mess 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep, whatever Rod Liddell thinks should happen then we should want the exact opposite to occur. That’s the Liddle rule. You won’t go far wrong following it. 

Only if you imagine you live in a liberal monoculture. I've got news for you. You don't. And a further revelation for you to think about - you never will.

24 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

That ship has sailed 

We need to honour the referendum and limit short and medium term damage 

This is the deal we have, it’s only interim of course, it isn’t the agreement for ever more 

Lets just take it and move on from all this sorry mess 

How does it pass?

I can only see it passing if Labour MPs support it.

If there is another vote, of course.

• Site Supporter

I heard on the radio this morning an interview with Ian Duncan-Smith having a go at the Conservatives who are holding the party to ransom. Word is, the only way they'll vote deal is if TM tenders her resignation as soon as the vote comes in in her favour. He was livid about it. (That's the gist I got anyway)

Anyone on twitter look a bit deeper into these claims by the old dear (Gamonette?) who organised the on line petition? 

She's claimed to have received 3 death threats which is appalling if true. However, when her old tweets and fb posts were trawled through she's made threats against the PM! She's now saying her account must have been hacked.

I wonder if she's reported these threats to the Police? She should do since they're being reported as fact. 

On 20/10/2018 at 00:31, Cheese said:

No, I don't think the "world will end", but yes, planes won't fly. 

Not fall out of the sky, but won't fly

5 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep, whatever Rod Liddell thinks should happen then we should want the exact opposite to occur. That’s the Liddle rule. You won’t go far wrong following it. 

Have you seen his article in today's Sunday Times about BWFC?

• Site Supporter

Opening Paragraph:

Apparently, a queue is forming to buy Bolton Wanderers. Your guess as to why is as good as mine. As a going concern they were last a valuable asset in about 1925, bless them.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Opening Paragraph:

Apparently, a queue is forming to buy Bolton Wanderers. Your guess as to why is as good as mine. As a going concern they were last a valuable asset in about 1925, bless them.

He then went on to mention the premier League era, when we might have had some value.

Not really sure where the article was going after that.

Not paying to read it!

Given we now know what deal we will have  on leaving which we did not know before and we want to reflect the democratic wish of the people. Why not another vote ? 3 options with single transferable vote ? The most ardent leavers talked about a deal being done surely they want to verify the deal is what they expected. 

At the moment the deal we are going to be offered is unduly influenced by very small political groups such as ERG or DUP. May would compromise anything to get the deal ratified. Given we know she had to negotiate with the DUP to get a majority and promise regional money for that support god knows what incentives are being offered for support now. 

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Given we now know what deal we will have  on leaving which we did not know before and we want to reflect the democratic wish of the people. Why not another vote ? 3 options with single transferable vote ? The most ardent leavers talked about a deal being done surely they want to verify the deal is what they expected. 

At the moment the deal we are going to be offered is unduly influenced by very small political groups such as ERG or DUP. May would compromise anything to get the deal ratified. Given we know she had to negotiate with the DUP to get a majority and promise regional money for that support god knows what incentives are being offered for support now. 

Would it include “remain”?

my biggest issue is that it takes a year to organise a referendum, and you have got to spend ages agreeing the options.

Another year of uncertainty isn’t going to help.

4 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

He makes some valid points to be fair.

Really?

no room for conversation or debate with someone like that.

He’s just right and everyone else is wrong.

What does he do for a living? (Please not a teacher)