Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

I'm struggling to think of any political situation that comes within a light year of being such a monumental gangfuck.

Parliament is basically trapped and unable to actually function.

It's 5 days until we (were supposed to) leave and the simple truth is that not one single thing has changed since A50 was invoked 2 years ago.

For 2 years, parliament has essentially done absolutely nothing whatsoever. Nothing.

It's great telly.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Let the people decide.  Remain or TM's deal.

The people have decided. We decided not to remain. It happened on June 23, 2016. If you want re-run because you lost then I hereby also request a re-run of every general and local election in which I have voted for the losing side. 

Time for the two year tantrum to end.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The people have decided. We decided not to remain. It happened on June 23, 2016. If you want re-run because you lost then I hereby also request a re-run of every general and local election in which I have voted for the losing side. 

We get a general election re-run every 5 years (minimum)

People need to stop throwing that argument in the ring as it's bollocks.

However, you're right in that the decision needs to stand.

The problem now is that no-one can deliver it. It's dead.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

When you vote in a general election you know fine well there'll be another one in five years. You vote on that basis.

When you vote in a referendum and you're told this is a once in a generation vote by the Prime Minister and it is by definition anyway because the previous one was in 1975, you also vote on that basis. It's not bollocks at all. You can't just ask for another one because you lost, it's total tantrumming sour grapes.

The fact that our out of touch liberal monoculture parliamentarians can't deliver what's been required of them speaks volumes about them. However you're right that I'm right - the decision needs to stand.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

To leave on WTO is what was agree and written in law if the fucking idiots in parliament cannot agree a deal then it is 100% what should happen. 

• Site Supporter

When you vote in a general election you know fine well there'll be another one in five years. You vote on that basis.

When you vote in a referendum and you're told this is a once in a generation vote by the Prime Minister and it is by definition anyway because the previous one was in 1975, you also vote on that basis. It's not bollocks at all. You can't just ask for another one because you lost, it's total tantrumming sour grapes.

The fact that our out of touch liberal monoculture parliamentarians can't deliver what's been required of them speaks volumes about them. However you're right that I'm right - the decision needs to stand.

If I'm honest, I'd let Brexit start tomorrow and Dover to collapse into the sea if it would just stop that fucking obdurate, noisy cuntdrop outside parliament bellowing behind Kay Burley all day.

What a gigantic twat he is.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

If I'm honest, I'd let Brexit start tomorrow and Dover to collapse into the sea if it would just stop that fucking obdurate, noisy cuntdrop outside parliament bellowing behind Kay Burley all day.

On that we can agree, he must have some type of disorder he’s a fucking loon. 

15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's not a tantrum.

People will have a very good idea of what brexit actually means now.

Last time that was not the case.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Obdurate is a word I ought to use more. You can probably guess which particular people in parliament I'd aim it at. 

Dover won't collapse in to the sea. Just letting you know in case Project Fear is starting to unsettle you. 🙂

• Site Supporter
Just now, Farrelli said:

It's not a tantrum.

People didn't have a proper idea of what going into the eec meant in 1975. Nor what it would become. There wasn't the same anti democratic clamour as there is now. Result accepted and move on.

It's been given 44 years and now and that is long enough to make a judgement.

As yet no-one really knows how brexit will work out, and the idea that we now know what it properly entails isn't accurate.

After a few decades we might.

We don't know what bwfc new ownership will entail, just believe it will be better than current. 

Maybe we should fuck them off because it might get worse.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

People didn't have a proper idea of what going into the eec meant in 1975. Nor what it would become. There wasn't the same anti democratic clamour as there is now. Result accepted and move on.

It's been given 44 years and now and that is long enough to make a judgement.

As yet no-one really knows how brexit will work out, and the idea that we now know what it properly entails isn't accurate.

After a few decades we might.

We don't know what bwfc new ownership will entail, just believe it will be better than current. 

Maybe we should fuck them off because it might get worse.

I agree but we are far better informed than three years ago.

We also know that the last 44 years have been ok for our economy.

Your BWFC analogy is bollocks.

16 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It's not a tantrum.

Yes people will have observed all kinds of things these last two or three years. Many will have heard the case for getting the hell out of the EU several times over. They'll also have observed the way the EU acts when people do and say things of which it does not approve. They'll have observed the petulant behaviour of the remain ultras. The zealous liberals who preach and hector. Preaching and hectoring for two years plus - solidly. I'm pretty confident in knowing how ordinary folk up and down this country will respond to that type of thing, even if they decided on balance they'd vote remain in 2016. We didn't exactly know what the liberal know-alls thought of us great unwashed in 2016. We do now though. Oh boy, do we now know!

You're in a remain mindset. Those with that mindset were cocksure of victory in 2016. You misread it then - and you're misreading it now. Both in thinking people will just slope their shoulders when asked to vote in a referendum when they've already given their verdict and in thinking they'll automatically join folk like you on your lofty remain perch.

Would someone please remind me what was printed on the back of the leaflet posted to every household in 2016 in the run up to the Brexit vote at a cost ..oops,I meant waste of £9million to us mere tax payers ?

Would someone also please tell me what this utter fucking simpleton was doing on Saturday ?

The youth of tomorrow eh ? :D.....you know, the ones whose futures we’re messing up......

Hang on............there’s somebody at the door.......there’s somebody at the door....

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

It's not a tantrum.

Really?

tut

perhaps you will now see what the EU is and vote the right way?!

Edited by boltondiver

30 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Would someone please remind me what was printed on the back of the leaflet posted to every household in 2016 in the run up to the Brexit vote at a cost ..oops,I meant waste of £9million to us mere tax payers ?

Would someone also please tell me what this utter fucking simpleton was doing on Saturday ?

The youth of tomorrow eh ? :D.....you know, the ones whose futures we’re messing up......

Hang on............there’s somebody at the door.......there’s somebody at the door....

Last seen with her face painted with a Union Jack. On "Henman Hill". Screeching "Cmoooooon Tim"

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Putting aside some of the acerbic comments below that picture, one comment stands out.

Burford (apparently) is 96% white, and without many of the social issues affecting so many other places.

Burford is a very, very beautiful Cotswold town about a 25 minute drive from where I live. If you've never visited - go. But you're right. The tweedy folks of Burford get cross about the traffic bottleneck that is their high street and the HGV drivers using it as a short cut. There's not much else to be annoyed about.

• Site Supporter

Burford is a very, very beautiful Cotswold town about a 25 minute drive from where I live. If you've never visited - go. But you're right. The tweedy folks of Burford get cross about the traffic bottleneck that is their high street and the HGV drivers using it as a short cut. There's not much else to be annoyed about.

Paul, we holiday in this country and I love getting away to see some of these traditional villages all over.

We should aspire to get back in some ways to this; cleaner streets, lower crime etc. Can't knock the inhabitants at all, but they are far removed from places like Bolton and the issues we have.

That said, in a way I'm glad folk like this are aplenty- evidence that all isn't lost.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Paul, we holiday in this country and I love getting away to see some of these traditional villages all over.

We should aspire to get back in some ways to this; cleaner streets, lower crime etc. Can't knock the inhabitants at all, but they are far removed from places like Bolton and the issues we have.

That said, in a way I'm glad folk like this are aplenty- evidence that all isn't lost.

It is a bit like the land of lost content. We've got the Berkshire Downs and Chilterns nearby and they're the same. In some ways better because they're not as affected by tourism. Nearby places - Swindon, large parts of the east of Oxford city, parts of Banbury, Carterton - are though on the way to sharing issues Bolton folk would be familiar with. 

9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It is a bit like the land of lost content. We've got the Berkshire Downs and Chilterns nearby and they're the same. In some ways better because they're not as affected by tourism. Nearby places - Swindon, large parts of the east of Oxford city, parts of Banbury, Carterton - are though on the way to sharing issues Bolton folk would be familiar with. 

I’ve been working/living in Winchcombe (Cotswolds) for the last 12 months. Beautiful place. 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve been working/living in Winchcombe (Cotswolds) for the last 12 months. Beautiful place. 

I've never been quite that far west in the Cotswolds. Nearest I've been is the strangely named Guiting Power - about six miles from Winchombe. Also beautiful. I'll get out that way before Spring and Summer are out!