Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That works both ways though. Nobody knows what good or bad will come out of leaving or staying until one or the other goes ahead. It's ok all these "experts" forecasting what will happen but they are, at best, a bit of a guess.

Nonsense. Brexiters are the ones pushing for radical change without being able to explain any tangible benefits.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

The 'brexit party' is just negative politics and they have nothing useful to say to the electorate.

Apart from wanting brexit- but yes a single issue party. Pretty much as it says on the tin. Would never have come into being if promises had been kept.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The electorate has them in the lead at 27% that’s very positive don’t you think. 

What are they "in the lead" of? A vote for MEPs, where a vote for the Brexit party is basically just a vote to make a point that they think the Brexit process is being handled badly and that we should leave ASAP. They should be targeting 52% of the electorate, at least.

If it was a general election, that would be different. But it isn't.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Been through this loads of times. You don't believe in it, and never will.

Come back in 10 or 15 years and let's talk again.

Please, entertain me. Name a single one. 

29 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

What are they "in the lead" of? A vote for MEPs, where a vote for the Brexit party is basically just a vote to make a point that they think the Brexit process is being handled badly and that we should leave ASAP. They should be targeting 52% of the electorate, at least.

If it was a general election, that would be different. But it isn't.

A party that has been formed only a couple of weeks are already polling more than labour and the Tories, Chuck in UKIP and you’ve got a 1/3rd of voters backing anti EU parties,  it might get even worse for the 2 main parties as Brexiteers defect and join the Brexit party.  As a comparison pro remain chukka and his friends are polling 7% 😂😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yep, they are both divisive and negative.

I heard a brexit party spokesman last week on Steven Nolan.

He could not even answer a simple question about what ideas or policies they would pursue (apart from the obvious).

Sweep and his better half are voting UKIP, would you describe them as negative and divisive in voting for an Asian UKIP candidate ?

Sweep is one of the most balanced posters on here, hardly divisive or negative.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You're deluded.

For questioning the bullshit we've been fed by Brexiters and never receiving an answer? Maybe you can answer for them then? Or at least explain how our membership of the EU was having a negative effect on your life prior to 2016? 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

A party that has been formed only a couple of weeks are already polling more than labour and the Tories, Chuck in UKIP and you’ve got a 1/3rd of voters backing anti EU parties,  it might get even worse for the 2 main parties as Brexiteers defect and join the Brexit party.  As a comparison pro remain chukka and his friends are polling 7% 😂😂

Precisely my point. They formed a couple of weeks ago as a stand against the current Brexit debacle (and as an ego trip / publicity stunt for Farage). People are simply voting for them as a pro-Brexit statement and nothing else.

You're fundamentally misunderstanding what the "poll" represents. This isn't a general election. This doesn't show what you're claiming it shows.

Plus, nobody in their right mind is going to defect to the Brexit party. It'll be non-existent in 6 months (possibly much less).

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

You're deluded.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

For questioning the bullshit we've been fed by Brexiters and never receiving an answer? Maybe you can answer for them then? Or at least explain how our membership of the EU was having a negative effect on your life prior to 2016? 

No, for thinking the rhetoric only comes from one side.

And for the record, I'm not a brexiteer, I was a remainer but I'm a remainer who accepts that more folk voted to leave than to stay. I'm was also a remainer who believes that anyone who didn't exercise their right to vote can fuck right off if they think they should have another chance to make their vote count. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

No, for thinking the rhetoric only comes from one side.

And for the record, I'm not a brexiteer, I was a remainer but I'm a remainer who accepts that more folk voted to leave than to stay. I'm was also a remainer who believes that anyone who didn't exercise their right to vote can fuck right off if they think they should have another chance to make their vote count. 

So you're happy to accept a life-changing decision because millions of people believed the absolute bullshit they were told? 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So you're happy to accept a life-changing decision because millions of people believed the absolute bullshit they were told? 

Rather than the brainwashing of 40 years of the E.U.?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Good grief.

Note to self: Stay out of this thread, it'll piss you off.  Some of the correspondents will pretend they know exactly what will happen when not even the folk making the decisions actually know.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Good grief.

Note to self: Stay out of this thread, it'll piss you off.  Some of the correspondents will pretend they know exactly what will happen when not even the folk making the decisions actually know.

I'm not claiming to know what will happen. I'm asking how our lives will be better for leaving the EU. If you can give us a clue, I would be most grateful. If you don't think it will, why would you just roll over and accept it? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Rather than the brainwashing of 40 years of the E.U.?

So Remainers have been brainwashed for the last 40 years? How did you avoid it? 

Edited by Cheese

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So Remainers have been brainwashed for the last 40 years? How did you avoid it? 

Nah

you swallowed the whole fuckin con, hook, line and sinkered

skewered by bureaucracy, with any individuality sucked out of your nostrils

Well done, EU

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Nah

Well done, EU

So you should easily be able to give one single tangible example of how we will be better off after we leave? Go. 

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Nah

Well done, EU

There is £100 million road project near me funded by the EU. Every time I use it I think what a con.