Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

In isolation no but it was sent during a long twitter spat with Jess about feminism, it was intended to be shock humour which Carl does a lot, however, only that tweet is ever mentioned rather than the conversation summarised. Jess said at the time it didn't bother her and why should he apologise 3 years later when clearly the only people offended are those who weren't involved

12 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

I don't dispute that for one second, but Carl has about 1 million followers on Youtube so some people find it funny

I’ve never heard of him. Is he an actual comedian with an actual act who performs to an actual audience? Or one of these YouTube twats that never leaves his bedroom?

47 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’ve never heard of him. Is he an actual comedian with an actual act who performs to an actual audience? Or one of these YouTube twats that never leaves his bedroom?

No he is constantly on the road doing tours, he's recently returned from America and he's currently doing a tour of the UK, he more of a debater but with his brand of comedy thrown in, he basically gives a speech then he does a Q&A session. He was in Swindon town centre yesterday with a desk set up having conversations with anybody who disagreed with him to trash out what it was exactly they disagreed with

But the point is, he sent a tweet to Jess 3 years ago which he considered satire, Jess said it didn't bother her, he's standing for a UKIP candiate so the aggreived have started their mock outrage campaign. Not sure how this incident will make him a good or bad MEP. He goes by the name of Sargon of Akkad on You tube in case you have a few moments to spare to make your own mind up

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

Isn’t it obvious he’ll be bad MEP? Isn’t that the point for UKIP?

Is he one in those contrarian types? Say something twattish then use the free speech argument to justify it?

Questions, questions. 

Maybe I should check him out on YouTube. Although a million followers is nowt. My nipper watches a lad put make up on. He’s got 16 million followers. Strange world we live in 

Edited by mickbrown

5 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

If people are getting excited about Sargon of Akkad standing for UKIP because he sent a tweet to Jess Phillips 3 years ago saying he wouldn't rape her imagine the twitter loons tomorrow night when Tommy Robinson announces he's standing as an MEP for Wythenshawe

How many twitter loons will point out that Wythenshawe doesn't have any MEP's ?

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

"Just Leave on WTO terms!"

Something nobody had a fucking clue about until 6 months ago. 

Quoting from remainers on Twitter. Twitter!

Deary, deary, me

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Quoting from remainers on Twitter. Twitter!

Deary, deary, me

Post some advantages  then explain why every country in the world doesn't just trade via the WTO. 

52 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Is it true though? Please give us some positive WTO facts then.

Yes it is Brexit central but this gives you a view of the other sides argument.

https://brexitcentral.com/lets-recall-benefits-no-deal-wto-based-brexit-yield-uk-80-billion-per-year/

Edited by Mounts Kipper

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes it is Brexit central but this gives you a view of the other sides argument.

https://brexitcentral.com/lets-recall-benefits-no-deal-wto-based-brexit-yield-uk-80-billion-per-year/

I'm really not convinced by that. It looks like the same people who predicted that we would hold all the cards in negotiating the withdrawal deal. 

19 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I'm really not convinced by that. It looks like the same people who predicted that we would hold all the cards in negotiating the withdrawal deal. 

Did not think you would but it gives a counter perspective, perhaps we should allow the result of the referendum to be honoured then we could find out. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Did not think you would but it gives a counter perspective, perhaps we should allow the result of the referendum to be honoured then we could find out. 

I would prefer our elected representatives did the best thing for the country.