Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

48 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I do get you are pissed off, just at the wrong people.

So, how is leaving the EU going to ensure fair distribution of wealth in the UK?

It’s not, but removing another level of bureaucracy must be better for us

We, I.e. poorer areas of the U.K., don’t want to become a suburb of a Federal Europe that gets thrown the occasional grant of our own money.

Surely the closer we are to the money tree the more money we’re likely to get.

Redistribution of wealth in the U.K. is a different thing

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

We, I.e. poorer areas of the U.K., don’t want to become a suburb of a Federal Europe that gets thrown the occasional grant of our own money.

After we Leave, do you think the government are going to replicate the way the EU distributed funds to deprived areas of the UK?

Again it makes no historical or political sense. ‘Closer to the money?’ What do you mean? That your tax will go directly to the UK g’vt (as it does already) 

We don’t get ‘thrown money’ we get in simple terms match funding (or structural if you want to be all EU about it) it means the EU matches UK funding into an area - no political biases as well which is important- to ensure no European government leaves the poorest without a backdrop. Wales is our clearest benefactor in the UK.

you also have no idea what it takes to get funding from any state - the EU or the UK, trust me our money is not given out lightly.

32 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok, pedantic. When in our lifetime has any government led match or structural funding in the poorest areas of our country to ensure the whole nation is balanced?

its a nonsense- we are such a small island and it takes shifts by media companies like the BBC (an NDPB) and private (or joint funded) to re-located to make reinvestment. Fine for Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds - and even better for those skilled in that sector -but what about Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley - it’s not the EU’s fault that in a small island in such close proximity we have such failings.

Stop looking for simple answers to really complex problems. 

Im Not looking for simple answers to complex problems I’m looking to leave the EU and run our own shop. Do you not remember the investment in Liverpool after the riots? We don’t need to give the EU money to give us less back to spend as they see fit. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Im Not looking for simple answers to complex problems I’m looking to leave the EU and run our own shop. Do you not remember the investment in Liverpool after the riots? We can don’t need to give the EU money to give us less back to spend as they see fit. 

"They" is actually "we". You're voting for someone to represent you next week ffs.

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok, pedantic. When in our lifetime has any government led match or structural funding in the poorest areas of our country to ensure the whole nation is balanced?

its a nonsense- we are such a small island and it takes shifts by media companies like the BBC (an NDPB) and private (or joint funded) to re-located to make reinvestment. Fine for Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds - and even better for those skilled in that sector -but what about Oldham, Blackpool, Barnsley - it’s not the EU’s fault that in a small island in such close proximity we have such failings.

Stop looking for simple answers to really complex problems. 

Could I interrupt briefly please and ask one or two questions ?

The more the EU tries to expand and allows less wealthier states into it, the more the uprising against it seems to gain momentum.

How can the EU sustain itself in the years to come ?

Wealth can’t be spread proportionality amongst all member states can it ?

Surely, something have to give, and the cracks are appearing now.

Could I also ask politely, does the fact the EU doesn’t release audited accounts not worry you in the slightest ?

46 minutes ago, Cheese said:

After we Leave, do you think the government are going to replicate the way the EU distributed funds to deprived areas of the UK?

20 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Don’t know, that’s up to who WE elect

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

WE elect MEP's. 

Your question was ‘after we leave’?

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Could I also ask politely, does the fact the EU doesn’t release audited accounts not worry you in the slightest ?

Like me, I reckon a good 99% of our population don't know this is the case (if true) and also don't really care, so therefore probably aren't even remotely worried about it

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Question Time from Scotland tonight is fucking brilliant

First time I've watched it in ages. This new presenter is far better than that silly old cunt who used to handle it very badly.

It does seem clear that the Scotchers, in the main, want to stay. Sadly for them, we might well end up leaving in the next few years, they won't like that

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

It doesn't work like that though. Michael Gove has timelimited the guarantee the EU grants to UK farmers so the level grants will not be ring-fenced irrespective. The same would apply to grants to those UK companies that work in the research and development area that rely so heavily on EU funds to survive

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/12/gove-hails-plans-to-reward-uk-farmers-for-adopting-green-policies

Edited by Salford Trotter

Same here. Having watched the latest episode of Wicked Tuna I flicked on to BBC for a quick 10 minutes before bed and ended up watching summat that I've not seen for a while all the way through

Very funny watching the sad ripples of applause for so many comments from the panel. Basically the audience told the politicians to "fuck off you boring cunts you don't represent us"

Tory boy tried hard and got some sympathy for being nice, Labour luddite was exposed as being a totally useless dick, and the rest of them got off pretty lightly, apart from the SNP, who got exposed for what they are imo, although I guess that some would argue against what I saw and heard 

16 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It doesn't work like that though. Michael Gove has timelimited the guarantee the EU grants to UK farmers so the level grants will not be ring-fenced irrespective. The same would apply to grants to those UK companies that work in the research and development area that rely so heavily on EU funds to survive

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/12/gove-hails-plans-to-reward-uk-farmers-for-adopting-green-policies

Interesting stat for you Pete......and it’s a big gripe for the EU sceptics.....how much of the EU funding is actually spent on CAP ?

And how much wastage is there ?

You’ll be surprised, I was mate.

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Could I interrupt briefly please and ask one or two questions ?

The more the EU tries to expand and allows less wealthier states into it, the more the uprising against it seems to gain momentum.

How can the EU sustain itself in the years to come ?

Wealth can’t be spread proportionality amongst all member states can it ?

Surely, something have to give, and the cracks are appearing now.

Pretty easy this really. Every European Country has a huge amount of stipulations (and a national vote) before it can even enter.

Yes - although that's the most trite question I've heard, what does that even mean?

If you believe that, you misunderstood the basic principle of the EU

Its quite amusing that you present micro arguments (and pretend you win) on really global, slow macro developments.

Personally, I'd love to live in a world where I always thought I was right, however most of us learn that's a folly of naivety.  

34 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Like me, I reckon a good 99% of our population don't know this is the case (if true) and also don't really care, so therefore probably aren't even remotely worried about it

It’s true, and the worrying thing as you rightly say, is hardly anybody is aware of it.

The EU are notorious in this respect.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Pretty easy this really. Every European Country has a huge amount of stipulations (and a national vote) before it can even enter.

Yes - although that's the most trite question I've heard, what does that even mean?

If you believe that, you misunderstood the basic principle of the EU

Its quite amusing that you present micro arguments (and pretend you win) on really global, slow macro developments.

Personally, I'd love to live in a world where I always thought I was right, however most of us learn that's a folly of naivety.  

YOU actually haven’t answered a single question....you’ve given your bigoted opinion as always.

As for understanding the basic principle of the EU....I certainly do. You just try to deflect and patronise as always.

Earlier, you said you were wasting your time on this thread....I’m wasting my time now with your patronising rubbish. Night night x

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Interesting stat for you Pete......and it’s a big gripe for the EU sceptics.....how much of the EU funding is actually spent on CAP ?

And how much wastage is there ?

You’ll be surprised, I was mate.

Thats a different topic completely Si but do share your source

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nurse - call Major Major Major Major 

Stupidity has won out 😂

Here you go.....what did they do from 1975 to 1995 ?

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

And they’re hardly neutral auditors these days are they ?

I’ll get the corruption link for you tomorrow to shut your big plummy patronising mouth :D