Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

Q1, Is London part of the U.K.?

If your answer to Q1 is yes, then the wealth created in all regions of the U.K. should be used wisely by the ELECTED Government of the UK

If your answer to Q1 is no, I await your supplementary question

What a very odd response. Of course London is in the UK.

Still not answering the question I asked though. 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

It's not an easy question, I certainly don't think the South East should be propping up other parts of the country - fuck 'em, if they can't stand on their own two feet, then they need to work it out for themselves, and stop waiting for handouts from Central government. As it stands, I think it's clear that the South East gets far more investment than other parts of the UK, and no way will that change if we're in or out of the EU - I'd suggest that once we leave, the poorer areas will get even less than they do now, as they won't get the benefits of EU grants, the South East will continue to, quite rightly, look after itself

I think you’re right in your expectations and I can see the regions suffering after we leave the EU. 

It’s interesting to see a fair amount of dislike of London on this board, but its London and the SE that generates almost 40% of the UK’s GDP (c25% in London alone). Without it we’d be fucked.

I see the self righteous anti Brexit billboard campaign people are already in trouble for breaching rules and overspending.

After all what was said on the campaigns in the Brexit run up and spending, what will the remainers on here say to try and defend them ?

How the worm turns eh chaps :D

18 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

What! and £9mill Government fear booklet had no effect

Judging by the result it didn’t. 😂

Seriously though, 500k overspend had anything to do with the final result, utterly laughable.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

50 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Judging by the result it didn’t. 😂

Seriously though, 500k overspend had anything to do with the final result, utterly laughable.

Leave broke electoral law its as simple as that and the margins were that fine the lies that were told made the difference.. Now that isn't democracy! 

Brexit: Leave ‘very likely’ won EU referendum due to illegal overspending, says Oxford professor’s evidence to High Court | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-referendum-overspending-high-court-brexit-legal-challenge-void-oxford-professor-a8668771.html

Edited by Salford Trotter

28 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Leave broke electoral law its as simple as that and the margins were that fine the lies that were told made the difference.. Now that isn't democracy! 

Brexit: Leave ‘very likely’ won EU referendum due to illegal overspending, says Oxford professor’s evidence to High Court | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-referendum-overspending-high-court-brexit-legal-challenge-void-oxford-professor-a8668771.html

Never heard so much fucking shite in my life. As usual pathetic. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

On 03/10/2018 at 19:33, Moon boy said:

The UK will leave the EU in March 2019 that’s a definite, what happens from that point is still up for grabs

The ‘Peoples vote’, celebrity remoaners, MP remoaners or even a General Election will not stop us leaving, everybody needs to accept that is a fact

What Brexit looks like we don’t know

If you have a vision for the UK after March you need to articulate your view be you a remainer or a Brexiteer

Interesting prediction...

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

The government literally sent out leaflets telling people to vote remain... Not sure how Leave had the upper hand in this election. 

27 minutes ago, BIGBW said:

The government literally sent out leaflets telling people to vote remain... Not sure how Leave had the upper hand in this election. 

If you break the law then you have an advantage and when the margins are that small coupled with the lies that could make a big difference and it did

Edited by Salford Trotter

10 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

500k overspend for Leave which pretty much swung the referendum in their favour and I'm the democracy denier😂

At what point was the result tipped? Does it work like a see-saw with sacks of cash?

£250,000 'overspend' would have given a dead heat - a penny under and Remain would have won?

Where's Bruce Forsyth when you need him...

• Members
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You are clutching at anything to justify your desire to reverse the result. It’s beyond pathetic.

Well he certainly doesn't qualify. Keep up the fight mate. Real democracy must win in the end - not their distorted version where the result must be changed if it didn't go their way.

• Site Supporter

It matters very little what anyone here thinks is democracy. We have a rather old parliamentary democracy which means if legislation doesn't get through both chambers it doesn't fly. Simple as that.

I think the best way out of this is to revoke A50 and do it properly. Us, the public, vote for MP's so if you want Brexit then you vote at the next GE accordingly. Then if you have a majority in Parliament you get your Brexit.

13 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

If you break the law then you have an advantage and when the margins are that small coupled with the lies that could make a big difference and it did

I don't think I have ever known a bigger straw-clutcher than you. You wriggle and squirm and do anything to avoid the basic reality of the referendum result. Democracy only works if the people who lose in an election/referendum accept the result even if they disagree with it. Three years on and you're still niggling away with constant attempts to undermine and overturn. This reflects your conceit ,arrogance and disdain for people who vote differently to you. Bound up in your own rectitude. We had our reasons, we knew what we were voting for, we were not gulled by Osborne and his state sponsored PR campaign. You are a democracy denier. It is as clear as day.

30 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I don't think I have ever known a bigger straw-clutcher than you. You wriggle and squirm and do anything to avoid the basic reality of the referendum result. Democracy only works if the people who lose in an election/referendum accept the result even if they disagree with it. Three years on and you're still niggling away with constant attempts to undermine and overturn. This reflects your conceit ,arrogance and disdain for people who vote differently to you. Bound up in your own rectitude. We had our reasons, we knew what we were voting for, we were not gulled by Osborne and his state sponsored PR campaign. You are a democracy denier. It is as clear as day.

It's only a democratic decision when you abide by the law, Vote Leave broke the law and it's as simple as that. What part are you struggling to understand? 

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's only a democratic decision when you abide by the law, Vote Leave broke the law and it's as simple as that. What part are you struggling to understand? 

You are laughable. Like a United fan after a defeat. Full of juvenile sour grapes.

What's your next tactic? Stamp your feet? Tears down your cheeks? Wailing out loud until your voice goes hoarse? 

...... the three year long tantrum goes on. Screeching denial.

I would pay good money to have seen your face on June 24, 2016 with the following running across the news-ticker at the foot of the screen.

Leave: 17,410,742 (51.9%); Remain: 16,141,241 (48.11%).

What's your next tactic? Lie down on the pavement and refuse to get up until you get your way?