Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's only a democratic decision when you abide by the law, Vote Leave broke the law and it's as simple as that. What part are you struggling to understand? 

Didn't vote for "vote leave".

And there were two leave campaigns.

The vote was to leave or remain, not for any party.

Sick of hearing moaning about liers etc. Was Osbourne's massive fucking whopper not abuse of public office/illegal?

Over exaggerated claims were heavily investigated and rebuked prior to voting.

Leaving still won; about time it was accepted and the country moved on, instead of the incessant bleating.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Didn't vote for "vote leave".

And there were two leave campaigns.

The vote was to leave or remain, not for any party.

Sick of hearing moaning about liers etc. Was Osbourne's massive fucking whopper not abuse of public office/illegal?

Over exaggerated claims were heavily investigated and rebuked prior to voting.

Leaving still won; about time it was accepted and the country moved on, instead of the incessant bleating.

I get what you are saying but there is a difference. Osbourne's scare stories were politically motivated. The vast majority of independent economists say we will be hit hard by brexit and massively so by a no deal brexit.

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I get what you are saying but there is a difference. Osbourne's scare stories were politically motivated. The vast majority of independent economists say we will be hit hard by brexit and massively so by a no deal brexit.

And we’ve heard those warnings and still voted to leave.

• Site Supporter

So therefore Osborne did abuse his office? Political motivation was behind all of it.

As it happens, I don't think he did; it's the dirty world of politics. Its up to individuals to pick out the salient points and make a decision.

Come the next election, parties will promise the earth and fail to deliver much of it.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So therefore Osborne did abuse his office? Political motivation was behind all of it.

As it happens, I don't think he did; it's the dirty world of politics. Its up to individuals to pick out the salient points and make a decision.

Come the next election, parties will promise the earth and fail to deliver much of it.

I would agree to a point about Osbourne. Same for David Davis, Liam Fox and Boris Johnson. 1-3 😁

4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

You are laughable. Like a United fan after a defeat. Full of juvenile sour grapes.

What's your next tactic? Stamp your feet? Tears down your cheeks? Wailing out loud until your voice goes hoarse? 

...... the three year long tantrum goes on. Screeching denial.

I would pay good money to have seen your face on June 24, 2016 with the following running across the news-ticker at the foot of the screen.

Leave: 17,410,742 (51.9%); Remain: 16,141,241 (48.11%).

What's your next tactic? Lie down on the pavement and refuse to get up until you get your way? 

Serious question.... Do you weep every night, because we've not left yet? If we end up not leaving, is it that bad for you that you'll top yourself?

6 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I think the best way out of this is to revoke A50 and do it properly. Us, the public, vote for MP's so if you want Brexit then you vote at the next GE accordingly. Then if you have a majority in Parliament you get your Brexit.

How do you want Article 50 to be revoked? 

Baring in mind parliament voted by a big majority to invoke it, I doubt they'd have the front to change their minds.

Maybe you want to just revoke it without a vote..?

36 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Anti Brexit votes in the ascendency

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/uk-poll-results/

It will be interesting to see how Thursday pans out as pretty much everyone who wants Brexit will vote for The Brexit Party

When the Brexit party smash it you’ll continue with your fingers in your ears and singing la la la. Matter not at jot to you, you don’t do democracy.

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

When the Brexit party smash it you’ll continue with your fingers in your ears and singing la la la. Matter not at jot to you, you don’t do democracy.

The Brexit Party will the biggest % party of course but just add up the other vote % and work it out for yourself. No wonder you don't want a second referendum😂

7 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The Brexit Party will the biggest % party of course but just add up the other vote % and work it out for yourself. No wonder you don't want a second referendum😂

No point in having a second referendum people like you won’t ever accept it, and in any event the polls show virtually the same % figures as they were June 2016 so what is the rationale to do it again? and then spend 3 more years arguing with dimwits like you and Vince cable. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No point in having a second referendum people like you won’t ever accept it, and in any event the polls show virtually the same % figures as they were June 2016 so what is the rationale to do it again? and then spend 3 more years arguing with dimwits like you and Vince cable. 

Moreover, he doesn't want a second referendum. Hs wants a new one. With remain vs remain light.

Given the number of folk interviewed, who have said they wouldn't vote again if the first one wasn't enacted, it would be surprising if numbers were quite so high in opinion polls.

You can also add Tim Farron to that list. Paps on as if a vote to leave never occured. Cunt.

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The last thing i am is a dimwit mate, have a great evening👍😊

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, darwen_white said:

How do you want Article 50 to be revoked? 

Baring in mind parliament voted by a big majority to invoke it, I doubt they'd have the front to change their minds.

Maybe you want to just revoke it without a vote..?

Yes they did and what has happened since? I will tell you what, a bloody great big twatting dose of reality. The unicorns don't shit nuggets of solid gold afterall. Who'd have thought it.

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Yes they did and what has happened since? I will tell you what, a bloody great big twatting dose of reality. The unicorns don't shit nuggets of solid gold afterall. Who'd have thought it.

You didn't answer the question, how do you want A50 revoking...?

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

You didn't answer the question, how do you want A50 revoking...?

As I understand it, A50 can be revoked by the PM but that is unlikely. However, it is in her power.

Parliament can take over house proceedings (as we have seen recently) and force vote on it also. Again probably unlikely to happen or even succeed.

So, all we can do is stay in limbo instead for God knows how long until finally something passes one way or another. Wonderful.

• Members

Get Boris in. Get out on WTO. Strike out on our own and build yet another successful enterprise.

Life goes on. "Poorer" needs to be quantified. A short term loss of a tenner per person per year?

• Site Supporter
On 17/05/2019 at 00:19, miamiwhite said:

I’m in the smoke on Sunday June 2nd, please come and educate me over a few beers. At my expense of course :D

Oh, and do me a good deal on a theatre show please.

You have a message

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Get Boris in. Get out on WTO. Strike out on our own and build yet another successful enterprise.

Life goes on. "Poorer" needs to be quantified. A short term loss of a tenner per person per year?

WTO terms also require a trade deal. So if we leave without trade deals we have nothing. ( I think).