Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 hours ago, fatolive said:

Maybe we could vote out of the un democratic bureaucratic UK and just stay in the democratic EU 😉 

Ah but there in lies the fundamental flaw. The decision of the vote is irrelevant and we would Piss about whilst the various politicians posture and argue and then demand another vote. 

Precedent firmly set in this respect now 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Ah but there in lies the fundamental flaw. The decision of the vote is irrelevant and we would Piss about whilst the various politicians posture and argue and then demand another vote. 

Precedent firmly set in this respect now 

Aye the British ones would but the EU ones seem pretty decisive. Wouldn’t budge for May for example, made their decision on the agreement and stuck to it...

type of politicians we need really , should fire ours  off and just have them , would solve loads ...

1 hour ago, fatolive said:

Aye the British ones would but the EU ones seem pretty decisive. Wouldn’t budge for May for example, made their decision on the agreement and stuck to it...

type of politicians we need really , should fire ours  off and just have them , would solve loads ...

Yep, it’s just what this country needs, more politicians like Barnier, Junker, Verofstad, Seylmar etc top class.

2 hours ago, fatolive said:

Solve loads ? 

They couldn’t solve a Sunday Sport crossword. They’re all so good they’ve admitted many times their federal project is facing collapse and needs urgent reform.

That’s how good they are Olive.

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Surprised no one on here has mentioned the daft EU law which is stopping a bailout of British Steel.

The Same EU who certain folk think is the dog’s bollocks.

To be fair Miami British steel is absolutely fucked and any bailout is simply a finger in a dam. 

It simply isn’t viable and cannot compete 

anything that has prevented it has saved the government money 

sad but true 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

To be fair Miami British steel is absolutely fucked and any bailout is simply a finger in a dam. 

It simply isn’t viable and cannot compete 

anything that has prevented it has saved the government money 

sad but true 

Totally agree mate and I posted such last night, but like I said, some folk on here were so quick to blame Brexit.

Neither us or the EU can cope with the tidal wave of Chinese steel.

25 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Surprised no one on here has mentioned the daft EU law which is stopping a bailout of British Steel.

The Same EU who certain folk think is the dog’s bollocks.

I'm glad we're not allowed to bail them out, it just doesn't work, if we'd bailed them out this week, they'd be back asking for more in a few weeks /months. As I said earlier, it's been sick for decades, time to just let it die.

this is nothing to do with Brexit

Edited by Sweep

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Totally agree mate and I posted such last night, but like I said, some folk on here were so quick to blame Brexit.

Agreed. And it isn’t just steel either it’s been manufacturing for a long time that’s in general terminal decline. We do make somethings that are world leading and those will never die fortunately. 

But as you and sweep correctly point out this is nothing to do with brexit and it’s a shambolic excuse and a poor attempt at pulling on the heart strings by the board which has failed. 

Very very sad for the thousands who have lost jobs but it’s just that and nothing to do with politics 

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You mean the tidal wave that the EU tried to stop in 2016, but the UK used its veto to block the proposals? 

On 21/05/2019 at 09:42, Salford Trotter said:

Ssshhhhhhh..... You can't say that... Please be quiet and get back in your box

After seeing the numerous posts above Pete, and how the British Steel industry has been in a serious slump for many years, are you going to retract your statement ?

My neighbour’s dog just shit on the other neighbour’s drive, I suppose we’d better blame Brexit for that.

• Site Supporter

I know a bit about steel purchasing.

british steel has been dead in the water for 15 years and propped up by one loan after another.

In a global economy, it simply cannot compete and that has fuck all to do with Brexit, the EU, or Theresa May.

35 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

After seeing the numerous posts above Pete, and how the British Steel industry has been in a serious slump for many years, are you going to retract your statement ?

My neighbour’s dog just shit on the other neighbour’s drive, I suppose we’d better blame Brexit for that.

It appears the industry as a whole is struggling but like most things we read you have to take it at face value or you wouldn't believe anything from anybody including family, friends and colleagues

Edited by Salford Trotter

18 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It appears the industry as a whole is struggling but like most things we read you have to take it at face value or you would believe anything from anybody including family, friends and colleagues

The Chinese steel industry isn’t struggling so how can the industry be struggling as a whole ? Proven facts and figures on this.

Shall I drop a spade off to help you dig yourself out of this hole :D

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You mean the tidal wave that the EU tried to stop in 2016, but the UK used its veto to block the proposals? 

Just had a read about this. Sajid Javid explained it was to prevent those manufacturers that used imported steel from being hit with price rises.

Without being deep within the industry, it would be difficult to ascertain what the best course of action was.

Whatever the reality of that, it's still going to be difficult for any European manufacturer to compete on that scale.

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

The Chinese steel industry isn’t struggling so how can the industry be struggling as a whole ? Proven facts and figures on this.

Shall I drop a spade off to help you dig yourself out of this hole :D

I was referring to the UK steel industry😋 no need for the spade, you'll need that when the UK economy goes tits up after a No Deal Brexit

26 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I was referring to the UK steel industry😋 no need for the spade, you'll need that when the UK economy goes tits up after a No Deal Brexit

Pete, you said the industry as a whole.......did you not ?

Now then...in other matters, you said a certain Yaxley Lennon wasn’t welcome in Salford didn’t you ?

Could I please ask you why, as in the last hour in Salford, did the left wing rent a mob get kicked up and down a local estate by locals who welcomed him and not the Antifa mob :D

I’ll drop a couple of spades mate, you’ll need them with the hole you’re digging 

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Pete, you said the industry as a whole.......did you not ?

Now then...in other matters, you said a certain Yaxley Lennon wasn’t welcome in Salford didn’t you ?

Could I please ask you why, as in the last hour in Salford, did the left wing rent a mob get kicked up and down a local estate by locals who welcomed him and not the Antifa mob :D

I’ll drop a couple of spades mate, you’ll need them with the hole you’re digging 

i was referring to the UK steel Industry and as for Tommy, there are always idiots in every City/town that might welcome him but I can assure you everyone that I know would give him short shrift

33 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

i was referring to the UK steel Industry and as for Tommy, there are always idiots in every City/town that might welcome him but I can assure you everyone that I know would give him short shrift

Pete....you said the industry as a whole, not the UK industry, simple as that.

Enjoy your wine and noise of the sirens in your area as the left thugs get their karma.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Pete....you said the industry as a whole, not the UK industry, simple as that.

Enjoy your wine and noise of the sirens in your area as the left thugs get their karma.

Interpret what you want mate, i know what i meant. I wonder why he targets the poorest communities to visit and cause trouble