Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

The biggest steel producer in the UK are Finnish.

The truth is that it’s a product that is cheaper to make overseas and import.

No, we should ignore reality and spunk money on industries that don’t work.

Without reading pages of stuff, a significant extra contributory cost is energy. 

35 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Interpret what you want mate, i know what i meant. I wonder why he targets the poorest communities to visit and cause trouble

Priceless.....I interpret what you said....”the industry as a WHOLE IS STRUGGLING”

Those Antifa tramps started the trouble as always tonight and were dealt with firmly by the decent folk of Lower Broughton.

• Site Supporter

People are saying they should get a £30 million bail out from the government.

If they do, so should BWFC as it affects as many people.

There's no reason for the government to give them preference over thousands of other failing organisations.

• Members

It's a hard one as British Steel is iconic as a company and a term.

Throwing money at a lame duck which is incapable of recovery however is not sustainable. Chinese production is flooding the world market with cheap steel and there isn't really a way to combat that.

Not sure if a leaner organisation operating in a special alloy arena might be a small part of the solution but we are never going to be able to slug it out in the general use steel field with countries like China.

Nearly forgot. Vote Brexit Party.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
1 hour ago, darwen_white said:

Already been but polling station was shut, doesn't open till 7.

Anxiety kicking in now.

Good lad. Good to know that there are many like you who will diligently do their duty in the long term national interest.

14 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Surprised no one on here has mentioned the daft EU law which is stopping a bailout of British Steel.

The Same EU who certain folk think is the dog’s bollocks.

EU steel industries seem to be doing alright....ours is the outlier....I wonder why?

22 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

In other news, a bear was seen shitting in local woods...

https://www.businessinsider.com/says-liam-fox-former-trade-chief-2019-3?r=US&IR=T

Can't be right, David Davis said countries would be queuing up to give us grest free trade deals!

But why would they? I have said this all along but Mounts et al still have their fingers in their ears when it comes to logical thinking over trade. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Voted Lib Dem for the the second time. Labour isn't getting my vote currently, and I'm not yet convinced by Change UK but that is maybe because its a bit of a struggle to get their message across with their limited budget.

My Lib Dem vote went in last week because I am a lazy shite and use postal. 

I hope they start to gain ground again as they were unfairly treated for going into coalition with the Tories IMO. They did so in the national interest at a time of serious economic hardship. Something the other two parties seem incapable of doing, always their party interests first.

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

EU steel industries seem to be doing alright....ours is the outlier....I wonder why?

Energy costs is a contributory factor

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

It's a hard one as British Steel is iconic as a company and a term.

Throwing money at a lame duck which is incapable of recovery however is not sustainable. Chinese production is flooding the world market with cheap steel and there isn't really a way to combat that.

Not sure if a leaner organisation operating in a special alloy arena might be a small part of the solution but we are never going to be able to slug it out in the general use steel field with countries like China.

Nearly forgot. Vote Brexit Party.

Just voted for Mr Farage. If you'd told me 10 or event 5 years ago that this was going to happen I'd have been surprised and struggled to understand how. However the pathetic child-like tantrum behaviour in defeat of zealous remoaners, the hidebound stubborn arrogance of Verhofstadt and his federalist chums and of course the deceitful and duplicitous performance from our two main political parties stuffed full of career politicians who think they are above democracy has gradually made this inevitable. And I'd rather have voted for one of those two than the sickening Illiberal Undemocrats who believe in democracy even less than Robert Mugabe in a bad mood. The lot of them have been exposed for what they are. 

If you believe in democracy, vote for the Brexit Party. People who believe in this country's ability to govern its own affairs and in leaving the EU are never, ever going away. The pre-June 2016 status quo is gone forever. 

16 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Just voted for Mr Farage. If you'd told me 10 or event 5 years ago that this was going to happen I'd have been surprised and struggled to understand how. However the pathetic child-like tantrum behaviour in defeat of zealous remoaners, the hidebound stubborn arrogance of Verhofstadt and his federalist chums and of course the deceitful and duplicitous performance from our two main political parties stuffed full of career politicians who think they are above democracy has gradually made this inevitable. And I'd rather have voted for one of those two than the sickening Illiberal Undemocrats who believe in democracy even less than Robert Mugabe in a bad mood. The lot of them have been exposed for what they are. 

If you believe in democracy, vote for the Brexit Party. People who believe in this country's ability to govern its own affairs and in leaving the EU are never, ever going away. The pre-June 2016 status quo is gone forever. 

Rousing words from PH there

They still don’t get it, after today’s vote Cable will think hes back in business, but Remainers have nowhere to put their vote, can’t vote Labour can’t vote Conservative, Vince says he’ll revoke A50 so Remainers will vote for that, the day of reckoning is closer

39 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Blimey - that's a bit rich.

Then again I'm probably one of those fabled democracy deniers 😂

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

that's true, you only have one focus and that is getting out. What happens after that you couldn't give a toss..."tough shit" as you often say

It's a cult.

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's a cult.

I can understand some want to leave and that's their prerogative of course but it's the mentality of getting out at any cost that puzzles me. They have to leave no matter how much our economy shrinks; tough shit to those people who will lose their jobs and forget that pension pots will be smaller impacting incomes in old age.  

21 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I can understand some want to leave and that's their prerogative of course but it's the mentality of getting out at any cost that puzzles me. They have to leave no matter how much our economy shrinks; tough shit to those people who will lose their jobs and forget that pension pots will be smaller impacting incomes in old age.  

We have no evidence about the future

So

might

could

etc

It seems as though this “cult”, of perhaps 40% of voters (surely therefore not a cult?) are willing to take the risk.

In addition, they are also not ignoring the obvious, known, flaws of the EU.

51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Blimey - that's a bit rich.

Then again I'm probably one of those fabled democracy deniers 😂

No, I think you are more of a sensible nature, but there are many around who aren’t