Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

More pertinently its a milkshake. I'm hearing loads about milkshakes - but nobody seems bothered that a Neo Nazi was locked up this week for a plot to kill a pro-remain MP.

We're in an amazing place where likes of Robinson who deliberately stoke this up - are defended yet someone who throws a milkshake (as stupid as that is) is pilloried. 

Indeed.

13 hours ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, the fact that every body seems to have forgiven or forgotten his actions is an outage.

Whilst I agree that lobbing milkshake at an old codger is disgusting, who cares that he was in the forces for 22 years, what had that got to do with anything? Would it have been more acceptable if he'd never served?

Aye, I always find stuff like that a tad strange.

It would be the same magnitude of a cowards cunt's trick if said chap was a 30 year warehouse veteran. 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The neo nazi was locked up. Justice system doing its job. Nothing to be bothered about. Until maybe he's released to early.

Mr well hard milkshake chucker, almost certainly won't face any punishment.

What sentence do you want for chucking a milkshake? 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

From Monday, this will be one of the MEP's representing the NorthWest. Nice one lads. Good work. :good:

Still, not as scary as Corbyn

:)

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Corbyn is about to become the more palatable leader of the two major parties...takes some going does that. 

This whole Brexit debacle has shown not anyone in a good light least of all May and Corbyn. There is certainly a swell of opinion opposing Johnson in the parliamentary party but if he makes it to the last two sadly he'll be a shoe-in for the members. 

I just can't take him seriously and he has switched his position so many times he is spinning like a top. I am waiting for him to lie down in front of the diggers now the 3rd runway at Heathrow has been nodded in. It'll be very intetesting if he changes that decision if he gets to become PM

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

This whole Brexit debacle has shown not anyone in a good light least of all May and Corbyn. There is certainly a swell of opinion opposing Johnson in the parliamentary party but if he makes it to the last two sadly he'll be a shoe-in for the members. 

I just can't take him seriously and he has switched his position so many times he is spinning like a top. I am waiting for him to lie down in front of the diggers now the 3rd runway at Heathrow has been nodded in. It'll be very intetesting if he changes that decision if he gets to become PM

Not sure he'll get in.

The process means he has to get to the last two before members get involved.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure he'll get in.

Who do you want?

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And?

And......saying you voted for a candidate because they're not as scary as someone who isn't even standing makes no fucking sense.

Edited by Cheese

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure he'll get in.

Looking at the list and the process then im

pretty sure he will get to the last two and should have enough support to get the gig. 

I would rather him than Raab. I quite like ledsome but can’t see her getting a sniff this time. 

Boris is the man for me and I think (and hope) he will surprise a lot of people.

but time will tell 

Edited by Escobarp

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

pretty sure he will get to the last two and should have enough support to get the gig. 

I would rather him than Raab. I quite like ledsome but can’t see her getting a sniff this time. 

Boris is the man for me and I think (and hope) he will surprise a lot of people.

but time will tell 

I reckon he’ll surprise a lot of people by proving he really is that much of a dick. 

49 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And......saying you voted for a candidate because they're not as scary as someone who isn't even standing makes no fucking sense.

It was a comparison of how scary one person was v another.

Makes perfect sense. Of course

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You've got to laugh at the Tories if he is the best candidate they have for the job. Dear me.

Hmm

Better Boris than Corbyn in any circumstance 

But, I’m not a great fan, I’m not sure he can do it. He thinks he can.

28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

but time will tell 

I hope this is now where we finally have a "leave" Prime-Minister who will rid us of Hammond and shake-up the civil service. The wheels are slowly moving in terms of fulfilling the wishes of the 17.4m people who voted for Brexit. 

13 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I reckon he’ll surprise a lot of people by proving he really is that much of a dick. 

I'm not sure it'll surprise me 😃

If he does get the top job, it'll be interesting to see which way he goes with regards to Brexit, as he's always been a "remainer" and only decided he would be a "leaver" as a means for getting the top job. He shit himself when "leave" won, as like many he didn't think they would, and he scuttled off.