Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

41 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Tom Baker or Cheryl Baker would both be upgrades. 

By eck, didn’t know they were candidates!

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:18, Sweep said:

Just been and voted myself, it was a lot busier than I thought it would be. I bet this turnout for these EU elections, in the UK, is probably more than every other time combined.

2014 - 35.6%, 2009 - 34.7%, 2004 - 38.5%, 1999 - 24.0%, ….

3 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Every fecker else is by the looks of it.

Including the wettest of wet lettuces; Rory Stewart. He must be on summat to think he could be PM.

• Members
15 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Of course I am.

Sometimes I'm flippant, but not here. He wont get the gig, I expect it will be Boris.

Me too. Popular with the grass roots membership.

If not him has to be one of them who isn't so childishly fucking stupid to take 'no deal' off the table and thereby surrender your only bargaining chip.

Beggars belief that there are so many people around who are mentally subnormal enough to even consider this.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Me too. Popular with the grass roots membership.

If not him has to be one of them who isn't so childishly fucking stupid to take 'no deal' off the table and thereby surrender your only bargaining chip.

Beggars belief that there are so many people around who are mentally subnormal enough to even consider this.

Not neccesarily mentally subnormal, if the aim was to avoid Brexit.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Are people now saying they are happy with no deal ? 

A lot will say that, yes. I suspect more would say “content with” rather than “happy with”. 

Lesser of two evils.  They are too entrenched to think any other way. I can actually understand their view, even though I don’t agree.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Depends which "people"

Exactly! 

Turn on the TV or radio and No Deal is wall to wall Armageddon.

Normal everyday life it's a different story.

Does 'people' mean the electorate or someone better than us idiots, sat on a sofa on Breakfast TV?

• Members
2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Not neccesarily mentally subnormal, if the aim was to avoid Brexit.

Fair point. OK then - if they want a negotiated deal but want to give away their one ace before starting negotiations, would you then agree?

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Are people now saying they are happy with no deal ? 

Happy that no deal is back as a possibility, as Bolty said it has to be on the table to stop the EU taking the piss. Maybe then we will get a deal that will get through parliament.

Everyone should be happy if no deal is on the table, because it helps us to get the best deal, obviously remainers won’t be happy though because they want EU to punish us in order we remain, these types (not all remainers) are a set of cunts. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Happy that no deal is back as a possibility, as Bolty said it has to be on the table to stop the EU taking the piss. Maybe then we will get a deal that will get through parliament.

Everyone should be happy if no deal is on the table, because it here really best deal, obviously remainers won’t be happy though because they want EU to punish us in order we remain, these types are a set of cunts. 

Bore off

16 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Fair point. OK then - if they want a negotiated deal but want to give away their one ace before starting negotiations, would you then agree?

I think the signs were there all along. TM did everything she could to stay. She didn't seem to want to play any cards and, as you say, tossed away the trump card.

Here's hoping for a change of aim and plan.

Edited by boltondiver

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Everyone should be happy if no deal is on the table, because it helps us to get the best deal, obviously remainers won’t be happy though because they want EU to punish us in order we remain, these types (not all remainers) are a set of cunts. 

I agree as a negotiating point. But how would you feel if that is the end position ?