Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

A few Labour MPs voting in support of the government would be interesting. 

I can't see many as they'll see the golden goose of an election as the ultimate prize. The subsequent election will be interesting with the Tory and Labour vote fractured by a one issue Brexit Party and a resurgent centre ground holding sway in a hung parliament. The only way to break the political paralysis will be to revoke A50 and put it back to the people at some point in the future perhaps? 

58 minutes ago, Ani said:

So it is mainly the Remainers fault ? 

I agree that no deal is far from funny. There are so many people who should be ashamed of their role in this. I would start with Cameron and include Corbyn, Farage, Gove, Boris and May. Remainers and Leavers are not the problem. Politicians are. 

It is politicians I am talking of. All thee daft fuckers waving eu flags and starting facemither and twitter campaigns are hardly going to affect anything are they. They are just very very sad lifeless individuals 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Was based on the last meaningless referendum we had I think but who cares about the result of that 

So "the majority of the people who voted" as opposed to "the majority of people" then

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

13 million eligible voters couldn't be bothered in 2016

They reckon throughout the U.K. 410 constituency’s voted Leave and 240 voted Remain

For Labour 148 Labour constituency’s voted Leave and 84 voted Remain

For the Conservatives 247 constituency’s voted Leave and 80 voted Remain

So MP’s, or bums on seats, after a GE Parliament will be more Leave

1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

They reckon throughout the U.K. 410 constituency’s voted Leave and 240 voted Remain

Sadly, they won't, as they think they know better, despite pretending to let the people decide.

17 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

No one party will gain an overall majority so they'll have to rely on others to get legislation through which will naturally lead to consensus politics. 

27 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Depends on when it happens

if before Brexit, I think the key question will be how many Labour votes hold, versus how many TBP secure.

Labour MPs will be limited. While there has always been a hard core of half a dozen or so who will vote to leave with a suitable deal, most will still not want to step out of line when they fully expect to gain power in 2022. Many of those with ministerial/shadow experience are still hoping to be forgiven for their original disbelief that Corbyn could ever win.

Nandy is a prime example, plus the three chess prodigies (Reeves + 2 Eagles).

13 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Labour MPs will be limited. While there has always been a hard core of half a dozen or so who will vote to leave with a suitable deal, most will still not want to step out of line when they fully expect to gain power in 2022. Many of those with ministerial/shadow experience are still hoping to be forgiven for their original disbelief that Corbyn could ever win.

Nandy is a prime example, plus the three chess prodigies (Reeves + 2 Eagles).

Do you honestly think Labour have a chance of winning a GE, at any time?

• Moderators

I'm a Tory voter

Whenever I've been arsed to vote

And I still will vote Tory as the alternative of corbyn, that gormless double barrelled cow and the numb bint from Stockport cannot be taken seriously

However a middle ground remain party would get my vote

17 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Let's wait for the analysis but Change UK will do really poorly, the remain vote will coalesce around Lib Dems/the tory and labour rump, the greens and the SNP

Lib Dems will take London; they can have it!