Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

More absolute fuckwittery Mounts

In a change to politics, only those that voted for the “winning” party have an opinion that counts

WTF you on about? No where have I said that. 

Interesting to read one of Macrons candidates despite them losing in France.

it seems the losers want to stop the winners from taking control, and that’s precisely what is happening here in the U.K., worrying don’t you think? 

But Mr Macron's party is pledging to combat nationalists at the European Parliament and block them from weakening France.

The French president said National Rally represents the "leprosy" of nationalism that is eating the EU from within.

Nathalie Loiseau, the lead candidate of Mr Macron's centrist party, urged all pro-European forces to "unite to defend the interests of the Europeans" and not let the European Union fall into the hands of "those who want to unbuild it".

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That’s essentially what your little twitter link means 

You do understand that right? Please tell me you do....

My twitter link was finding the humour in the London wins the premiership analogy. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My twitter link was finding the humour in the London wins the premiership analogy. 

And that’s exactly what that analogy means

The 2 things are nothing alike 

“we won, we won, now only our voice counts” 

Politics is fucked when folk think like that 

If we try and put aside which side we are on. 

The major parties have been given a deserved kicking for the shambles of last 2-3 years. The only question is how do they respond ? A GE before this is resolved  can only lead to a similar result. 

So parliament has to resolve this. We know the  majority of MPs reject no deal. So the only obvious outcome is to get a deal done and leave. A lot will depend on who is next Tory leader. 

No idea where Labour go. Lib Dem’s have taken the No Brexit land. Do the Brexit party oppose us leaving with a deal ? So where do the Tories go ? A new leader who says no deal is an option but really means we need a better deal ? If so who is the right person ? One thing last 2-3 years has shown is that MPs put self interest ahead of national interest so assume that will continue. 

One thing for sure is that parliament will not force a GE. 

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

And that’s exactly what that analogy means

The 2 things are nothing alike 

“we won, we won, now only our voice counts” 

Politics is fucked when folk think like that 

It was someone poking a bit of fun at our politics, however the message is clear that losers are trying to overturn the democratic will of the people.

I thought it humorous, obviously you didn’t.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am not disputing that The Brexit Party were the biggest party but leave didn't 'win' the election. All that happened was a massive protest vote and if you add up the leave and remain votes, it is very clear remain won. You don't like it but that is the reality i'm afraid😂😂😂

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

I am not disputing that The Brexit Party were the biggest party but leave didn't 'win' the election. All that happened was a massive protest vote and if you add up the leave and remain votes, it is very clear remain won. You don't like it but that is the reality i'm afraid😂😂😂

The numbers just don’t clearly show that.

Which way will the rump of Labour and Conservative go?

That would tell us the full picture.

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

He’s not getting it

Or he doesn’t want to

Sums the whole thing up - folk think they’re voting for something they aren’t 

Which funnily enough, Farage has been pushing on the gullible since day one

It’s quite depressing for the future 

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂

So you now know where all labour and Tory voters would vote in another referendum?  What is clear that another referendum would be foolish and that parliament needs to deliver on 2016 result. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He’s not getting it

Or he doesn’t want to

Comedy gold, you don’t get it at all. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mounts there are 3 sides to this Leavers, Remain and old school parties.

The old school parties have been destroyed. Parties with a strong remain message (Greens and Lib Dem’s) have done as well as the Brexit party. 

Challenge UK and UKIP cancel each other out. 

If you add SNP vote in there (although their vote is made up of Remainers and Leavers). Parties with a strong Remain message have the higher % of the vote. 

12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The numbers just don’t clearly show that.

Which way will the rump of Labour and Conservative go?

That would tell us the full picture.

Okay, here are my assumptions. There are plenty of Tory and Labour party supporters who are 'remain' and just always vote for those parties. I am very confident that the vast majority of the votes for both those two parties last night were for remain as the committed leave voters were already in the TBP camp. TBP/UKIP votes were negated by Lib Dems/Green and ChangeUK so therefore the remain vote won. Assumptions i know but convince me otherwise

Edited by Salford Trotter

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

Mounts there are 3 sides to this Leavers, Remain and old school parties.

The old school parties have been destroyed. Parties with a strong remain message (Greens and Lib Dem’s) have done as well as the Brexit party. 

Challenge UK and UKIP cancel each other out. 

If you add SNP vote in there (although their vote is made up of Remainers and Leavers). Parties with a strong Remain message have the higher % of the vote. 

It is presumptuous to think that the 23% of the vote that went to labour and the Tories would vote remain,  this is why I find it amusing that political commentators are peddling the remain vote has won the day.

What is clear is that there is still a polarisation between leave and remain and what is also very clear is that a second referendum could easily be as close as the last one and with that being the most likely outcome, there is no point in going down that route again.

The message from the British public is loud and clear, deliver on the result of the 2016 referendum. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Okay, here are my assumptions. There are plenty of Torys and Labour supporters who are 'remain' and just always vote for those parties. I am very confident that the vast majority of the votes for both those two parties last night were for remain as the committed leave voters were already in the TBP camp. TBP/UKIP votes were negated by Lib Dems/Green and ChangeUK so therefore the remain vote won. Assumptions i know but convince me otherwise

Comical Ali overdrive. 

13 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He’s not getting it

Or he doesn’t want to

He doesn't want to accept the reality but his reaction is so predictable, almost Trump like in the way he ignores the facts and spins the story his way. "We won because we are the biggest party and that is all that counts" 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It is presumptuous to think that the 23% of the vote that went to labour and the Tories would vote remain,  this is why I find it amusing that political commentators are peddling the remain vote has won the day.

What is clear is that there is still a polarisation between leave and remain and what is also very clear is that a second referendum could easily be as close as the last one and with that being the most likely outcome, there is no point in going down that route again.

The message from the British public is loud and clear, deliver on the result of the 2016 referendum. 

Take out Tories and Labour vote. Remain won 40.4 versus 34.9. The message is second vote, let the people decide.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

It is presumptuous to think that the 23% of the vote that went to labour and the Tories would vote remain, This is why I find it amusing that political commentators are peddling the remain vote has won the day.

What is clear is that there is still a polarisation between leave and remain and what is also very clear is that a second referendum could easily be as close as the last one and with that being the most likely outcome, there is no point in going down that route again.

I never said the 23% would spit did I ?