Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

59 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The vote was for leave or to remain, we chose leave, the argument as to which option will make us more affluent are irrelevant as no one can predict the future, leavers voted leave despite the remain side and including the UK government sending out leaflets side painting the grimmest possible future outside of the EU and yet we still voted to leave.   

We agreed that BOTH sides lied and not just the remain side. I have repeated ad nauseam the lies the leave side repeated continually and Dominic Cummings admitted that the lies actually swung the referendum in favour of Vote Leave so don't give me your myopic view of events Mounts. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We cannot unilaterally withdraw from it, meaning the EU could use it to keep us inside the EU indefinitely. 

But you keep saying it's easily solvable, so that wouldn't happen would it? 

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

But you keep saying it's easily solvable, so that wouldn't happen would it? 

Regardless of whether it’s easily solvable, would you sign an agreement to continue paying money for nothing to a 3rd party without having the unilateral power to terminate that agreement? 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Regardless of whether it’s easily solvable, would you sign an agreement to continue paying money for nothing to a 3rd party without having the unilateral power to terminate that agreement? 

If I knew it was easy to fulfill my side of the agreement, yes. Why wouldn't I? 

13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If I knew it was easy to fulfill my side of the agreement, yes. Why wouldn't I? 

Because even if you did fulfil your side of the agreement the other side would not necessarily agree that you have and could continue taking your money. Your answer explains a lot about you. I’ll leave it there I’m wasting my time with you, as I’ve always suspected. Cheerio. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Because even if you did fulfil your side of the agreement the other side would not necessarily agree that you have and could continue taking your money. Your answer explains a lot about you. I’ll leave it there I’m wasting my time with you, as I’ve always suspected. Cheerio. 

So you're saying the EU might break International Laws in order to profit from us, so just in case, we should ignore International Laws and not pay our bills? I think that says more about you and your tin foil shielded brain than anything else. 

3 hours ago, fatolive said:

with regards to the uk customs in Dublin and all ports is a complete non starter.

needing to get clearance to go to a local shop, even you must admit that's a non starter, the days of checkpoints are gone, communities straddle the border area, it isnt two separate places in those areas, in terms of day to day life. 

the second bit would be an issue for the people that support Brexit, not remainers, same as the solution regarding special economic area was. Not all issues and problems relating to not leaving are remainer issues, the objection to the deals have been from Brexiteers who say its not leaving enough for example.

if everybody was leave, there'd still be arguments about how to leave for the best, so that shows its not just remain v leave.

its a complete shit show 

Trump flew to Shannon to meet Veradkar on his way from London to Normandy.

His solution was a wall!

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Trump flew to Shannon to meet Veradkar on his way from London to Normandy.

His solution was a wall!

Aye I saw that ! 

“Hows your wall problem coming along ? I think it will work out well, just like ours “

Varadkars face was a picture, smiling but really wanting to say “ what the fuck are you on about you goon” 

13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He would have to clear UK immigration at point of entry into Ireland in that case. It is not really that difficult.  

“Pawel, Mrs Pawel, Baby Pawel, welcome to Dublin. Where are you off to then with your worldly belongings in the back of a Transit van?”

”I’m moving to Cork. Gonna stay here for two months and see what it’s like on the Emerald Isle. If it doesn’t work out, I’m back off to Warsaw”.

”That’s lovely. No need to check anything further, as you’re not off to the UK. Have a good day. Turn left when you get out”.

Pawel turns right. No hard border and he drives straight through into the UK.

6 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

“Pawel, Mrs Pawel, Baby Pawel, welcome to Dublin. Where are you off to then with your worldly belongings in the back of a Transit van?”

”I’m moving to Cork. Gonna stay here for two months and see what it’s like on the Emerald Isle. If it doesn’t work out, I’m back off to Warsaw”.

”That’s lovely. No need to check anything further, as you’re not off to the UK. Have a good day. Turn left when you get out”.

Pawel turns right. No hard border and he drives straight through into the UK.

I know he struggled post September last season but I think he should be looking at a higher level than the Northern Irish league. Also you'd like to think he'd have enough put away for a couple of months without wages leaving him in a position where he can fit all of his worldly belongings in a Transit Van. 

1 minute ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I know he struggled post September last season but I think he should be looking at a higher level than the Northern Irish league. Also you'd like to think he'd have enough put away for a couple of months without wages leaving him in a position where he can fit all of his worldly belongings in a Transit Van. 

Unfortunately he picked up a rather nasty addiction to Lucozade Sport as a youngster and once the club stopped funding drinks at the training ground, his spiralled out of control.  He even took on a night shift at Morrison’s so he could take advantage of the multipack offers and 15% staff discount. They have a good rehab centre in Enniskillen. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

This is the one argument of Brexiters that I can understand. There is definitely a slow shift to a more 'unified' EU. How quickly this is happening is up for debate and whether it is something good or bad is also not always clear cut.

4 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Unfortunately he picked up a rather nasty addiction to Lucozade Sport as a youngster and once the club stopped funding drinks at the training ground, his spiralled out of control.  He even took on a night shift at Morrison’s so he could take advantage of the multipack offers and 15% staff discount. They have a good rehab centre in Enniskillen. 

Well John Barnes said it gets to your thirst fast, didn't mention how quickly it gets to your wallet. 

• Site Supporter

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Cheese said:

6 million people signed a "Revoke Article 50" petition a few months ago, but you didn't say "Brexit losing its appeal it seems..." 

6 million people who could be arsed completing an on-line petition but evidently couldn't be arsed walking to a poling station to put an X in a box.

C'est la Vie

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

6 million people who could be arsed completing an on-line petition but evidently couldn't be arsed walking to a poling station to put an X in a box.

C'est la Vie

I'm pointing out miami's hypocrisy at claiming a petition with 75000 signatures is significant, but one with 6000000 isn't. Nothing more.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

C'est la Vie

How do you know they didn't? Remain parties had over 6 million votes in the recent EU elections. 

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

How do you know they didn't? Remain parties had over 6 million votes in the recent EU elections. 

Which were the remain parties?