Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The UK would have several trade deals. 

And why are you refusing to deal with several points I've raised in the last half an hour. You can't. Plain and simple. 

That's now the end of this conversation. I may as well talk to a swamp.

How will we have "several trade deals" when every single one we have now is quashed when we crash out? 

Name that country you keep going on about, and I'll happily repeat my previous debunkings of all the other nonsense you've posted. 

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

How will we have "several trade deals" when every single one we have now is quashed when we crash out? 

Name that country you keep going on about, and I'll happily repeat my previous debunkings of all the other nonsense you've posted. 

Trade deals and continuity agreements so far with that 90 per cent of the world outside the EU. The most recent being with South Korea. Many more under negotiation. Good to have those continuity agreements with the USA, Australia and NZ.  Not quite the picture of "no trade deals" you seek to paint is it. 

So many countries prospering outside the EU. Ever increasing amounts of our trade focused on them already - despite having to operate through the EU's tarriff wall. How do they cope outside the EU? How have we manage to cope given so much of our trade is already with nations outside the EU. What a mystery it is.....

Guidance

Signed UK trade agreements transitioned from the EU

A list of the trade and mutual recognition agreements the UK has signed with non-EU countries.

Published 21 February 2019 
Last updated 9 June 2019 — see all updates

The UK has signed continuity trade agreements with non-EU countries so that trade can continue with minimal disruption after the UK leaves the EU.

These countries account for 63% of trade currently covered by EU agreements for which the UK is seeking continuity.

The agreements have replicated the EU trade agreements as far as possible. However, there may be some changes to ensure that new agreements work for both countries.

When the UK signs further agreements this page will be updated.

You can find the text of these agreements by clicking on the country below.

Signed trade agreements

The UK has signed trade agreements with:

The countries covered by the UK-Andean countries trade agreement are:

• Colombia
  • Ecuador
  • Peru

The countries covered by the UK-CARIFORUM economic partnership agreement are:

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • The Commonwealth of Dominica
  • The Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • The Republic of Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • Saint Christopher and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • The Republic of Suriname
  • The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago

The Commonwealth of the Bahamas and The Republic of Suriname are approved in principle and expected to sign shortly.

The countries which will be covered by the ESA-UK economic partnership agreement are: 

• Madagascar
  • Mauritius 
  • Seychelles 
  • Zimbabwe

Madagascar is approved in principle and expected to sign shortly

The countries which will be covered by the UK-Pacific economic partnership agreement are:

• Papua New Guinea
  • Fiji

Signed mutual recognition agreements

The UK has signed mutual recognition agreements with:

19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Trade deals and continuity agreements so far with that 90 per cent of the world outside the EU. The most recent being with South Korea. Many more under negotiation. Good to have those continuity agreements with the USA, Australia and NZ.  Not quite the picture of "no trade deals" you seek to paint is it. 

So many countries prospering outside the EU. Ever increasing amounts of our trade focused on them already - despite having to operate through the EU's tarriff wall. How do they cope outside the EU? How have we manage to cope given so much of our trade is already with nations outside the EU. What a mystery it is.....

Guidance

Signed UK trade agreements transitioned from the EU

A list of the trade and mutual recognition agreements the UK has signed with non-EU countries.

Published 21 February 2019 
Last updated 9 June 2019 — see all updates

The UK has signed continuity trade agreements with non-EU countries so that trade can continue with minimal disruption after the UK leaves the EU.

These countries account for 63% of trade currently covered by EU agreements for which the UK is seeking continuity.

The agreements have replicated the EU trade agreements as far as possible. However, there may be some changes to ensure that new agreements work for both countries.

When the UK signs further agreements this page will be updated.

You can find the text of these agreements by clicking on the country below.

Signed trade agreements

The UK has signed trade agreements with:

The countries covered by the UK-Andean countries trade agreement are:

• Colombia
  • Ecuador
  • Peru

The countries covered by the UK-CARIFORUM economic partnership agreement are:

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • The Commonwealth of Dominica
  • The Dominican Republic
  • Grenada
  • The Republic of Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • Saint Christopher and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • The Republic of Suriname
  • The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago

The Commonwealth of the Bahamas and The Republic of Suriname are approved in principle and expected to sign shortly.

The countries which will be covered by the ESA-UK economic partnership agreement are: 

• Madagascar
  • Mauritius 
  • Seychelles 
  • Zimbabwe

Madagascar is approved in principle and expected to sign shortly

The countries which will be covered by the UK-Pacific economic partnership agreement are:

• Papua New Guinea
  • Fiji

Signed mutual recognition agreements

The UK has signed mutual recognition agreements with:

That says we have managed to replicate (though in reality most deals are slightly worse) 63% of the trade deals we already had as an EU member. So 63% slightly worse deals. Doesn’t sound like a winner to me....

58 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That says we have managed to replicate (though in reality most deals are slightly worse) 63% of the trade deals we already had as an EU member. So 63% slightly worse deals. Doesn’t sound like a winner to me....

But we don’t want to be an EU member, remember we voted to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Clever people voted remain, in case you were unclear.

27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And the point is that by leaving we will be worse off. It’s not even a debate anymore. When we leave you’ve won making the country economically weaker. Congratulations.

30 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And the point is that by leaving we will be worse off. It’s not even a debate anymore. When we leave you’ve won making the country economically weaker. Congratulations.

Remain used that argument prior to the vote, the country chose to leave despite that, its time you accepted the result. It is called democracy. 

• Site Supporter

Much of the initial work consists of continuing current agreements. In the interests of alacrity, this is a common sense way forward. Future trade deals will take longer.

Fascinating to see that this process means we are immediately worse off.

When steam locomotives were first developed, a number of intellectuals, declared that humans wouldn't be able to breathe at speeds greater than 30 miles per hour, despite their being no confirmatory evidence.

Always be some know alls who will continue in a similar vein.

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A stepping stone.

Recognising each other's conformity to standards.

Ok cheers. So that is a long way from a trade deal. If that is included in the 63%. 

Also is the 63% in relation to all trade deals we have or excluding the EU ? Just checked 50% of trade is with EU. So the 63% is nearer 30%. 

Edited by Ani

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We indeed haven't agreed trade deal with the EU. Need to be getting on with it. 

We need to leave with a deal quickly or get out without one and start.

I can't wait for Boris to turn up ready to negotiate with the EU.

He is pretty much despised by EU Council members because of his bluster and bullshit.

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

I can't wait for Boris to turn up ready to negotiate with the EU.

He is pretty much despised by EU Council members because of his bluster and bullshit.

And you have that on good authority?

16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I’m on there 24/7 and haven’t noticed such made up nonsense!

His critics will come out with anything mate.

Just like the MSM are starting their campaign against him.

It made me laugh when Channel 4 interviewed the gay couple who were supposedly beaten up on a London bus last week.

They instantly brought Johnson into the equation and made it an issue of racism.

How obvious and pathetic by the media these days.

Re that couple.....all buses have CCTV now don’t they ? Where’s the footage of the attack ? 

I wonder if the assailants aren’t of the skin colour they expected ?

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I’m on there 24/7 and haven’t noticed such made up nonsense!

Good one.

Seriously though, he is not liked by many over there.

It dates back to his time as a Journalist early 90's and his constant negativity about the EU.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Good one.

Seriously though, he is not liked by many over there.

It dates back to his time as a Journalist early 90's and his constant negativity about the EU.

Is that a good or bad thing, though?

They seemed to like Theresa and that didn’t seem to help her 

Just now, boltondiver said:

Is that a good or bad thing, though?

They seemed to like Theresa and that didn’t seem to help her 

They gave TM a deal though.  I think they actually liked her and probably felt a bit sorry for her.

Unfortunately it wasn't what brexiteers wanted and BJ will not get anything better.

I think a forced no deal will trigger an election or second referendum so in that sense bring it on.