Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Look fella, you’re trying to abuse and ridicule myself in your own inimitable style.

It doesn’t wash with me, I’ll give it you back many times over and in industrial language.

You abuse and ridicule people all the time. Then get all tetchy when someone gives you a bit back.

I was just trying to point out you're arguing against nothing. 

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Look fella, you’re trying to abuse and ridicule myself in your own inimitable style.

It doesn’t wash with me, I’ll give it you back many times over and in industrial language.

If by abuse you mean explain a common way of debating issues, then again you’ve got it spot on.

How on Earth is KW abusing or intimidating you?

Just now, kent_white said:

You abuse and ridicule people all the time. Then get all tetchy when someone gives you a bit back.

I was just trying to point out you're arguing against nothing. 

I retaliate fella, it’s in my blood.

I’m not arguing against nothing, that is purely in your left brain like the other chums of yours on here. As I said many times, I merely highlighted the proven fact that a person has done this many times before. Your blinded ilk cannot accept or face that fact.

Regardless of sides etc, it’s nothing new, but when a Brexiteer or two do it, you lot claim the moral high ground and think it’s groundbreaking when it clearly isn’t.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Confirm this then...

Are you left sided....yes or no ?

If you read my post a week of so ago I’m probably a one nation conservative, or new labourite; so classic centrist really. In my time I’ve voted for all three of the main parties. So in answer if you’re hard right, then I’d probably been seen as a social liberal, if you’re on the hard left I’m probably a social capitalist; that’s the thing about politics, it all depends on where you are own views are.

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If you read my post a week of so ago I’m probably a one nation conservative, or new labourite; so classic centrist really. In my time I’ve voted for all three of the main parties. So in answer if you’re hard right, then I’d probably been seen as a social liberal, if you’re on the hard left I’m probably a social capitalist; that’s the thing about politics, it all depends on where you are own views are.

“Or new Labourite” ?

Hardly a classic centrist then are you ?

Antisemitic twat :D

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

That’s great to hear.

He has my number. 

Great - finally the royale rumble we’ve been waiting for! Classic windmilling vs karate chops. Might finally get this outside the club shop ding dong on.

Right it’s £50 ringside, £30 all others, no group discounts and over 18s only.

Pre sale with TM as soon as I get agent confirmation 😂

“Or new Labourite” ?

Hardly a classic centrist then are you ?

Antisemitic twat :D

If you check back, there wasn’t any anti Semitic issues under New Labour. That poisonous little seam has poked its head out once thousands with more far left tendencies allowed it to flourish at a grassroots level.

Honestly, you could do with checking your twitter feed (sorry facts) once in a while 😀

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If you check back, there wasn’t any anti Semitic issues under New Labour. That poisonous little seam has poked its head out once thousands with more far left tendencies allowed it to flourish at a grassroots level.

Honestly, you could do with checking your twitter feed (sorry facts) once in a while 😀

Haha...priceless......no issues under New Labour :D

You must believe everything Jeremy says eh ?

Like the wreath laying at the graves of the Black September lot....remind me again what he said.....”I may have been there but can’t recall being involved”

But the camera which doesn’t lie, clearly shows him hands on with a wreath......priceless like I say.

Check my facts ? You need to check your mirror and realise rather quickly how brainwashed you have actually become.

17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Great - finally the royale rumble we’ve been waiting for! Classic windmilling vs karate chops. Might finally get this outside the club shop ding dong on.

Right it’s £50 ringside, £30 all others, no group discounts and over 18s only.

Pre sale with TM as soon as I get agent confirmation 😂

Hey, I’m much better than windmilling, trust me on that :D

Hang on a minute, my apologies here...I may have mistaken the two New Labours here.

Is your new labour ...Corbyn’s or Blair’s ?

Too many new new new Labour for my liking now.

I’m only talking the recent and newish Labour.

I know it’s not fashionable but I’m a Blarite - although Alan Johnson for me sums the best of that era up. Pragmatic, against block voting, intelligence, from a normal background. Just sensible, mature political backgrounds.

However, Blair built on a lot of Major’s work - the most progressive one nation Conservative we’ve had as PM. 

I was a Labour member, I went to three meetings in Crawley, the ‘right’ of the party was shouted down by these people who hadn’t left the 70s, and called each other comrade. Half the local party thought they were loons, but what we see now is that battle being played out on a national scale. Many grassroots towed the local for a good few years to finally win elections, this is their come back.

i resigned my membership when Brown became leader, I had faith in Darling but not Brown, and I was pissed off with the years on infighting when the two camps would have worked better together.

My father took GT to Grant Maintained status, which I was helped the school break away from the LEA. I work in a strictly commercial environment. As I say, don’t assume because someone disagrees it’s regurgitated rhetoric. There are no children here, we’ve all lived a life - let’s not simplify views.  

15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Agree it's not popular. But I'd snatch your hand off for a Tony Blair type character right now. Preferably one with a non interventionist foreign policy though! :)

Boris is not so far away; liberal, metropolitan 

51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know it’s not fashionable but I’m a Blarite - although Alan Johnson for me sums the best of that era up. Pragmatic, against block voting, intelligence, from a normal background. Just sensible, mature political backgrounds.

However, Blair built on a lot of Major’s work - the most progressive one nation Conservative we’ve had as PM. 

I was a Labour member, I went to three meetings in Crawley, the ‘right’ of the party was shouted down by these people who hadn’t left the 70s, and called each other comrade. Half the local party thought they were loons, but what we see now is that battle being played out on a national scale. Many grassroots towed the local for a good few years to finally win elections, this is their come back.

i resigned my membership when Brown became leader, I had faith in Darling but not Brown, and I was pissed off with the years on infighting when the two camps would have worked better together.

My father took GT to Grant Maintained status, which I was helped the school break away from the LEA. I work in a strictly commercial environment. As I say, don’t assume because someone disagrees it’s regurgitated rhetoric. There are no children here, we’ve all lived a life - let’s not simplify views.  

That’s a very good post mate, credit where credit is due.

I too was a big fan of Blair at first, but grew wise. Alan Johnson Hanson as you rightly say, was the best of that era. Very good man indeed.

I was 50/50 on Brown but the advent of Corbyn disgusted me, he’s a vile and toxic person.

Now, I know you like a read and a bit of history, so I’ll give you some background of my own, I’ve actually shown it on here a few years ago, but it’s quite topical as it’s the 104th anniversary on friday...hope you enjoy it, and it shows we shouldn’t simplify views.

My great grandfather and two great great uncles on my mum’s s side, I give you The Fisher Brothers

https://www.loyalregiment.com/the-fisher-brothers/

On 06/08/2019 at 19:05, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s frankly unbelievable that people will defend this. Literally a Brexiteer could come round try and nonce their kids and they’d still say it was ‘fair enough’. Complete cult.

defend what? you have no idea what the overall position of the fund is, just what short positions they have (which could be for many different reasons/strategies)

calm down

• Site Supporter

I fucking hate Blair after Iraq but he managed to get moderate Labour and Tories on side for a pretty good show for a while. He is still a cunt.

However, I would love that now rather than some Marxist dick as head of Labour or some utterly overeducated idiot who can't seem to fathom any kind of detail as PM.

• Members
8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Dunno - he’s done training camps for Thai boxing. He’s no soft arse. 

:D Just had a vision of that Martial Arts expert on Youtube waving his hands around sounding off "Waaaw's" and "Eeeeya's" and the English football hooligan steps forward and floors him with a headbutt.

Don't know why.

12 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Boris is not so far away; liberal, metropolitan 

Not so far away? Wow. I mean superficially if that's as far as you can see then sure - they aren't close but I guess in the same continent.

But politically? Not even the same planet.