Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kent- which disease is best?

They're both bacterial infections rather than diseases.

They'll both give you the shits and make you feel from for a couple of days but you should be fine unless you're already poorly or old. 

Take your pick! :)

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The point he made was if we import chlorinated chicken we wouldn’t be able to agree a trade deal with the EU, and he was wrong. Carry on. 

You're making stuff up again Mounts. I said, if you care to read my posts properly, is that poultry could not be included in a free trade deal with the EU because if we start importing sub-standard product that could find its way into the EU supply chain then the EU will want stricter controls on traceability and that will not make this straightforward and certainly not as it is currently. There are other areas where standards are compliant so a FTA deal with the US is aligned so there wouldn't be an issue with the EU. 

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

You're making stuff up again Mounts. I said, if you care to read my posts properly, is that poultry could not be included in a free trade deal with the EU because if we start importing sub-standard product that could find its way into the EU supply chain then the EU will want stricter controls on traceability and that will not make this straightforward and certainly not as it is currently. There are other areas where standards are compliant so a FTA deal with the US is aligned so there wouldn't be an issue with the EU. 

It’s clear what you said, I’ve quoted your post earlier. No point in carrying on discussing it any further. I’ll let other folk take a view on what you said. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s clear what you said, I’ve quoted your post earlier. No point in carrying on discussing it any further. I’ll let other folk take a view on what you said. 

I know what I said and if you are saying that the EU would be happy for the UK to import sub-standard poultry and possibly allow that to slip into the EU without checks then you're sadly mistaken, that is not free trade as we have now!   

13 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I know what I said and if you are saying that the EU would be happy for the UK to import sub-standard poultry and possibly allow that to slip into the EU without checks then you're sadly mistaken, that is not free trade as we have now!   

FFS mate, it’s your birthday....enjoy it and stop talking re poultry.

I’m calling fowl play now.

• Members
3 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

FFS mate, it’s your birthday....enjoy it and stop talking re poultry.

I’m calling fowl play now.

I'll put up a poultry sum for ST to have a straightener with MK outside KFC at Middlebrook.

Odds on ST will chicken out.

17 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I'll put up a poultry sum for ST to have a straightener with MK outside KFC at Middlebrook.

Odds on ST will chicken out.

ST will bottle it and make a clean breast of things mate, whilst Mounts hot wings it down the East Lancs to confront him.

27 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

This latest poll shows that folk do not support a No Deal exit and Johnson will get crucified in a pre-brexit election if he pushes for it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-boris-public-opinion-poll-against-delay-cancel-second-referendum-a9062686.html

There’s another poll that had No Deal as the favourite option

52 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

This latest poll shows that folk do not support a No Deal exit and Johnson will get crucified in a pre-brexit election if he pushes for it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/no-deal-brexit-boris-public-opinion-poll-against-delay-cancel-second-referendum-a9062686.html

And is he likely to go for a pre-Brexit election?

Why on earth would he?

Independent my arse

Edited by boltondiver

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

Polls showed we wouldn’t vote to leave, nor would Trump get elected.

Stop being so green mate, and read something neutral.

46 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Legislation may force his hand so he might have to go to the country before he can take us out of the EU

May/may not

The good ship ‘Brexit’ is on the last leg of her journey and is set fair to arrive safely on October 31st

After going round and round in ‘the Doldrums’ for three years under the previous clueless skipper the ship now has a new Captain Boris and a willing crew, after crossing choppy waters and coming under attack from Pirates/Ship wreckers/Anarchists she now has a full wind in her sails and enough weapons at her disposal to repel any interference from ne’er do wells

The combined enemy fleet, the Corbynistas, the flip/flop Lib Dem’s, and other assorted traitors don’t have the fire power or the wherewithal to stop a triumphal homecoming, there will scenes of jubilation throughout the land when the journey is completed, it may well become a public holiday, god bless her and all who sail in her.

For Queen and Country, hip pip

8 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The good ship ‘Brexit’ is on the last leg of her journey and is set fair to arrive safely on October 31st

After going round and round in ‘the Doldrums’ for three years under the previous clueless skipper the ship now has a new Captain Boris and a willing crew, after crossing choppy waters and coming under attack from Pirates/Ship wreckers/Anarchists she now has a full wind in her sails and enough weapons at her disposal to repel any interference from ne’er do wells

The combined enemy fleet, the Corbynistas, the flip/flop Lib Dem’s, and other assorted traitors don’t have the fire power or the wherewithal to stop a triumphal homecoming, there will scenes of jubilation throughout the land when the journey is completed, it may well become a public holiday, god bless her and all who sail in her.

More like Captain Pugwash and Seaman Staines

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Beyond parody