Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Moon boy said:

The good ship ‘Brexit’ is on the last leg of her journey and is set fair to arrive safely on October 31st

After going round and round in ‘the Doldrums’ for three years under the previous clueless skipper the ship now has a new Captain Boris and a willing crew, after crossing choppy waters and coming under attack from Pirates/Ship wreckers/Anarchists she now has a full wind in her sails and enough weapons at her disposal to repel any interference from ne’er do wells

The combined enemy fleet, the Corbynistas, the flip/flop Lib Dem’s, and other assorted traitors don’t have the fire power or the wherewithal to stop a triumphal homecoming, there will scenes of jubilation throughout the land when the journey is completed, it may well become a public holiday, god bless her and all who sail in her.

For Queen and Country, hip pip

I feel sad that Moon Boy actually thinks we're leaving at the end of October

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

For what it's worth, I do hope we leave at the end of October, I just don't think we will

Boris will have to go then, or will he bow to remainer procedures etc?

53 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Take a read of the government's own assessment of what could happen in the case of No Deal and some on here would welcome it, that beggars belief!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-deal-brexit-planning-assumptions-the-leaked-operation-yellowhammer-document-797qxkrcm

Could happen...not a definite is it ?

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Could happen...not a definite is it ?

that's why I said 'could'  but some are saying that the report is realistic, remember this is the Government's own report! Glad to see Gina Miller on SKY this morning making sure Parliamentary sovereignty is to be upheld

Edited by Salford Trotter

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

that's why I said 'could'  but some are saying that the report is realistic, remember this is the Government's own report! Glad to see Gina Miller on SKY this morning making sure Parliamentary sovereignty is to upheld

Parliament delegated the vote to the people, though. She's talking shite, as usual

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

it will hit us harder. 30% of our fresh food is delivered daily from the EU and at the end of October the UK's agri season is over so we will rely more on imports than we would have done during the summer

Maybe/not

But we are here because of May and the EU

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

No we are here because Cameron was too weak to stand up to his own MPs and gave in to the far right ERG/Farage who then led a campaign of lies 

Well, if we are talking history, then Maastricht was a game changer, when the “ever closer union” became ever more apparent 

15 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Well, if we are talking history, then Maastricht was a game changer, when the “ever closer union” became ever more apparent 

and the treaty was ratified by parliament despite Lord Rees Mogg taking the government to court to try and stop them. Very similar tactics to Gina Miller then? What goes around comes around I suppose

Edited by Salford Trotter

35 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

that's why I said 'could'  but some are saying that the report is realistic, remember this is the Government's own report! Glad to see Gina Miller on SKY this morning making sure Parliamentary sovereignty is to be upheld

Like I said the other day, countries like Germany won’t want us to leave without a deal. Time will tell, and we’ll see if the EU want to carry on trying to call our bluff.

Will be an interesting week ahead with the planned meetings that are taking place.

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

and the treaty was ratified by parliament despite Lord Rees Mogg taking the government to court to try and stop them. Very similar tactics to Gina Miller then? What goes around comes around I suppose

Apart from we were conned

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Like I said the other day, countries like Germany won’t want us to leave without a deal. Time will tell, and we’ll see if the EU want to carry on trying to call our bluff.

Will be an interesting week ahead with the planned meetings that are taking place.

Let's hope he makes some real progress then

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Well the EU should renegotiate then

Why would they? 27 vs 1. We don't hold the cards, have a joker or any reason to expect better than we have. Don't forget May went hardball with red lines and all the so called brixiters got hard over it. She actually delivered all of them in her WA.

The issue is NI and no amount of bollocks unicorn alternative arrangements will get around the fact.