Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Nowack said:

It was touted by several MPs but was never really an option. They did consider still having conferences and keeping parliament open but again this was not deemed feasible. 

ok, thanks. AsI said, I was unaware if it had been, and was just interested in their priorities.

• Members
9 hours ago, boltondiver said:

That, sir, is a brilliant piece and sums up precisely what has been wrong with the process and how we now have a PM which will make things happen rather than the wishy washy frauds sat in the big house whose only interest is their own hip pocket/future perks.

10 hours ago, darwen_white said:

Starting to feel sorry for Remainers now.

The game is well and truly up. 

Surely, the vote of no confidence will topple Boris and scuttle Brexit?

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think it’s odds on general election now, that’ll be the second referendum, Boris already chucking money at vote winning projects, let’s see where this general election takes us. 

Not happening < 31.10

I have a feeling that Boris is gearing up for a GE. This week when the EU "remove" the 31st October deadline, which may or may not scupper the idea of leaving with "no deal" that'll be what kicks it off I reckon.

If we do have a GE before we leave, fuck knows what will happen, as I'm not sure the Tories will get a majority, with the Brexit Party kicking around.

I just want it to end now, one way or the other

19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I have a feeling that Boris is gearing up for a GE. This week when the EU "remove" the 31st October deadline, which may or may not scupper the idea of leaving with "no deal" that'll be what kicks it off I reckon.

If we do have a GE before we leave, fuck knows what will happen, as I'm not sure the Tories will get a majority, with the Brexit Party kicking around.

I just want it to end now, one way or the other

The EU moving the deadline changes nothing other than it being a long overdue sign of them beginning to shift their position under duress. October 31 was promised as the day we leave the EU, do or die. Three years and two months on from the referendum we must now leave. That's how this has to end otherwise, to be frank, the United Kingdom ceases to be a democracy. I know that may come across to you as melodramatic but in the minds of 17.4m of us that's what this now boils down to. Patience is at an end.

On the basis of current polling I believe we'd get something very close to a Conservative majority with the DUP and perhaps a small number of Brexit Party MPs getting Boris over the line. Electoral boundaries as they currently stand militate against a Conservative majority - David Cameron's 2015 win was a big surprise. One thing is for sure, a Boris election campaign would not nearly be so hapless as Theresa May's effort in 2017. It'll be parliament vs the people - not just PR spin, total reality given the behaviour of Grieve, Gauke, Letwin and co.