Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve changed my mind

We will leave on 31st October.

Theres simply too much actual preparation going on this time. Previous dates have seen very little in terms of tangible effort by the government, but this time round actual ‘things’ are happening. And I’m not just talking about signs for truckers on the motorway.

We’re fucking getting out, come what may.

Looks like the DUP will be the ones to crack after they saw the polls for a united Ireland are now in favour if we go No Deal

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Looks like the DUP will be the ones to crack after they saw the polls for a united Ireland are now in favour if we go No Deal

DUP no longer hold the Government hostage. What is needed is rapidly moving towards May's position before Arlene Foster weighed in. Somewhat ironic if it actually passes HoC.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

They're the key to it all.

I can't imagine any of them will die poor after this is all over.....

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

They're the key to it all.

I can't imagine any of them will die poor after this is all over.....

Johnson must have told them the way it is when Foster et al flew over and they must be shifting their red lines before they are shifted for them. It'll be interesting to see how many Conservative and Unionist MPs will vote for a revised May deal if the DUP do acquiesce

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I am

In part I agree, however as it is against EU law to negotiate trade deals whilst still in the EU then our hands were tied. I do think the sequencing of trade talks were against us after that but we are the minor party in this negotiation unfortunately.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s rapidly moving towards a deal, who’s have thought it. 😂

I'm not sure anybody really thought we wouldn't get a deal (as in leave with no deal, I've said all along that neither the EU or the UK would allow that to happen)

What is absolutely superb though is that it's a deal that the  ERG and Farage don't want/like 

No matter what happens, people on both sides will call the deal shit  

We should also remember, this isn't even the complex bit, this is only the WA............we'll still have years and years of fun to come yet (unless all the trade deals can be done in an afternoon, over a cup of tea)

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Will it get through Parliament?

i mean Labour, really

we shouldn't laugh, but it would be mildly amusing if Johnson tried to bring back basically a warmed up version of the TM deal, and then it got bounced again, by JRM and his cronies knifing him in the back

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

we shouldn't laugh, but it would be mildly amusing if Johnson tried to bring back basically a warmed up version of the TM deal, and then it got bounced again, by JRM and his cronies knifing him in the back

If the proposal scraps the continuation of the tightening rules on tax evasion ERG will vote for it. IMO. 

28 minutes ago, Sweep said:

JRM is massively pro-Boris

Steve Baker is the litmus 

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I suppose the analogy that could be used, regarding using the threat of "No Deal" as a bargaining chip, is something similar to..."Listen EU, we've got a gun here, and we're holding it to our head, if you don't give us what we want, then we're going to blow our brains out, and you might get a bit splattered"

I stole that off James O'Brien 😏

And he’s a right knob

Surely Boris will not be trying to bring back TM’s WA deal minus the backstop

If he gets the Border in the Irish Sea a simple FTA, which has already been offered 18 months ago, Canada +++, would get him out of the hole

When Parliament returns, with help of honest John Bercow, if the Anarchists get control Swinson could rescind A50

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Surely Boris will not be trying to bring back TM’s WA deal minus the backstop

If he gets the Border in the Irish Sea a simple FTA, which has already been offered 18 months ago, Canada +++, would get him out of the hole

When Parliament returns, with help of honest John Bercow, if the Anarchists get control Swinson could rescind A50

No

We will leave the EU. 100%

The deals that follow will be largely similar to the ones we already have. Brexiteers will claim success, remainers will claim their wrestling has kept us in pretty much the same situation and so a success  for them, and this thread will hit 2000 pages of utter fucking drivel by next summer.

No-one is a winner here. No-one.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

No

We will leave the EU. 100%

The deals that follow will be largely similar to the ones we already have. Brexiteers will claim success, remainers will claim their wrestling has kept us in pretty much the same situation and so a success  for them, and this thread will hit 2000 pages of utter fucking drivel by next summer.

No-one is a winner here. No-one.

The ERG will be fuming if this is the 'deal' that Johnson brings back.

Brexit-lite I suppose