Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

17.4million of them

Nowhere near. How many of them wanted to stick it to the establishment? How many believed the lies on the side of a bus? (My own mum did!) How many thought incorrectly that the EU was the cause of our immigration problem?

I think the only way out of this mess is to leave with a deal but I am fucked if I am accepting that it was a fair vote.  Farage said Norway deal (Err... NI?) Boris said an amazing deal and Gove said we would have 2 years negotiating a free trade deal completely forgetting it is illegal to do a deal until we leave! Fuck me, how incompetent are our ministers!

14 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Nowhere near. How many of them wanted to stick it to the establishment? How many believed the lies on the side of a bus? (My own mum did!) How many thought incorrectly that the EU was the cause of our immigration problem?

I think the only way out of this mess is to leave with a deal but I am fucked if I am accepting that it was a fair vote.  Farage said Norway deal (Err... NI?) Boris said an amazing deal and Gove said we would have 2 years negotiating a free trade deal completely forgetting it is illegal to do a deal until we leave! Fuck me, how incompetent are our ministers!

Too right it wasn't a fair vote; see "Project Fear"

20 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Is that the same Project Fear that said if we leave without a deal there would major disruption across a number of areas? It's more like Project Reality according to the Govt's own report, Yellowhammer. Funny how the truth comes back to bite you on the arse. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hang on, now many Brexiters are now quoting Cameron and Osbourne when it comes to reality.  Osbourne was off the mark for just the vote to leave but fucking hell Gove and Boris are in a different ball park. 

I just think those who think we will prosper when out of the EU are deluded.  We are a great nation but the US, China, India and emerging markets will take the piss out of us.

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Is that the same Project Fear that said if we leave without a deal there would major disruption across a number of areas? It's more like Project Reality according to the Govt's own report, Yellowhammer. Funny how the truth comes back to bite you on the arse. 

You haven't read it, have you?

38 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

😂🤣😂🤣

• Members
14 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

English language is a big pull to a foreign country as I'm sure you agree. 

Everything English is in my eyes. Not sure that's got anything to do with the current situation of folk preferring to get out of France and get into the UK mind.

• Members
12 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

We? Didn't realise the Aussies were in the EU?

Well they're in Eurovision so you never know!

Just concentrate on that shit NFL team of yours, rosary bead head and save the well worn jibes for someone who actually gives a fuck.

English til I die.

• Members

I remain (can't believe I used that word!) absolutely astonished that a so called Democratic party can openly and brazenly campaign to overturn the will of the British people expressed in the greatest democratic vote in our history - a will that has yet to be enacted.

Comparisons with the Brexit Party - campaigning for what the majority voted for - by ST show the level of brain damage his hysterical rants have inflicted upon himself.

I hope that Swinson and her band of traitors to democracy fail miserably but unfortunately, those remain voters who are bitter at losing and place more value on that than they do on democracy will give them a larger share of the vote than they deserve for their blatant treachery.

Unless Boris works some sort of a deal which may well involve sleight of hand/letting someone down (like the DUP or others), I do hope that some sort of working arrangement can be reached for an upcoming GE between the Brexit Party and Conservatives to counter the efforts of the other side.

Stop talking rubbish, a referendum in 2016 doesn’t become written in stone forever more ffs 

If the Lib Dem’s win an election on the back of a manifesto of revoking article 50 then that’s democratic 

17m didn’t vote for no deal, however if a party won a majority based on no deal then that would be democratic 

problem is, nobody will win a majority 

Brings us back to TM’s deal, should have taken it 6 months back 

• Members
4 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Stop talking rubbish, a referendum in 2016 doesn’t become written in stone forever more ffs 

If the Lib Dem’s win an election on the back of a manifesto of revoking article 50 then that’s democratic 

17m didn’t vote for no deal, however if a party won a majority based on no deal then that would be democratic 

problem is, nobody will win a majority 

Brings us back to TM’s deal, should have taken it 6 months back 

Fuck off. If the result is never enacted, that is the ultimate betrayal of democracy.

You know it, I know it, Swinehoundson knows it - even the lollipop lady at your local primary school knows it.

I never thought it possible but there is now a party I despise more than the red rags. At least the latter are simply misguided in following some hopelessly outdated principles.

Overturning/ignoring a democratic result and thereby totally fucking democracy in the name of political gain is scandalous. Don't give me all that 'nobody voted for no deal' bollocks. The LibDems are not saying they will stop no deal - they are saying they will stop Brexit.

If you can't see the turmoil that will almost certainly create should it happen then you're as numb as a piss stone.

The Lib Dems won't win an election (thankfully) but they can gain a stronger position than such smarmy and duplicitous cunts should ever hold.

Edited by bolty58

9 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Fuck off. If the result is never enacted, that is the ultimate betrayal of democracy.

You know it, I know it, Swinehoundson knows it - even the lollipop lady at your local primary school knows it.

I never thought it possible but there is now a party I despise more than the red rags. At least the latter are simply misguided in following some hopelessly outdated principles.

Overturning/ignoring a democratic result and thereby totally fucking democracy in the name of political gain is scandalous. Don't give me all that 'nobody voted for no deal' bollocks. The LibDems are not saying they will stop no deal - they are saying they will stop Brexit.

If you can't see the turmoil that will almost certainly create should it happen then you're as numb as a piss stone.

The Lib Dems won't win an election (thankfully) but they can gain a stronger position than such smarmy and duplicitous cunts should ever hold.

It’s democracy 

Nothing ever stopped anyone campaigning in a GE on pulling us out of the EU 

We have had plenty of chances to honour the referendum and leave the EU, the hardliners got greedy and wanted more 

Anyway, broadly irrelevant, no party will win a majority 

It’s back to TM’s deal, Boris will just have to re brand it so he can pretend it’s a bit different 

• Members

If he manages to solve the backstop issue, it will be different. From what I can see, without the backstop it would have won a Parliamentary majority (which is a worry in itself thinking that 400+ arseholes might have been in favour).

What the LIBdems are attempting to do is not democracy. It is the absolute antithesis. I would not have a problem with the yellow shithouses campaigning to take us back in at some time in the future. That would be democracy and they would be perfectly within their rights.

Campaigning to stop the implementation of something the majority voted for in the biggest democratic vote in our history is an act of politicial bastardry and is as anti-democratic as it gets.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Bozo meeting Juncker today.

Juncker: "do you have details of a backstop alternative for NI" ?

BJ: "yes".

Juncker: "Ooooh, what is it? "

BJ: "I'm not telling you, or anybody else".

Juncker: "you'll be wanting an extension then? "

BJ: "hmmm, yes I think so".

Or the above....

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

If he manages to solve the backstop issue, it will be different. From what I can see, without the backstop it would have won a Parliamentary majority (which is a worry in itself thinking that 400+ arseholes might have been in favour).

What the LIBdems are attempting to do is not democracy. It is the absolute antithesis. I would not have a problem with the yellow shithouses campaigning to take us back in at some time in the future. That would be democracy and they would be perfectly within their rights.

Campaigning to stop the implementation of something the majority voted for in the biggest democratic vote in our history is an act of politicial bastardry and is as anti-democratic as it gets.

Nobody in their right mind voted for a hard, No Deal exit. We were all promised by the liars running the Leave campaign, that this would be a walk in the park, that coming to a Free Trade Agreement would be 'one of the easiest in human history' (Liam Fox), that 'getting out of the EU can be quick and easy as the UK holds most of the cards' (John Redwood), that leaving would be 'like threading the eye of a needle... it is easy enough' (David Davis) 

I could quite happily accept the referendum result if it was backed with any modicum of an economic and/or social plan to deal with it, but nothing from government over the past three years has been anything more than piss and panic. The continent is laughing at us, the global superpowers are rubbing their hands together thinking about how easily they'll be able to bend us over once we're out on our own. 

BTW, I'm not spreading 'project fear', I'm just exhausted with the mountains of bullshit we have all been fed from the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage, all of whom are the most self-serving, arrogant c*nts in British politics. You might even say that the personal gains they stand to make from Brexit is an 'act of politicial bastardry' and is as 'anti-democratic as it gets'.