Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

6 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

He must be correct then, I’ve read it on a football forum, I now believe it

Well you won’t have seen it on the TV or read it in a newspaper.

Between 40m and 42m users depending on the source. The higher figure is from the London School of Economics.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Nowt particularly left wing about not liking having folk spying on us and having our detailed personal data sold on to private organisations so they know exactly how to push our buttons and cause the reaction they want, nor is it particularly left wing not to like folk found guilty of doing that getting away with it just because they are rich and influential.

I was wankered when I wrote that rant though.

Not surprised ;)

You are connecting the two comments.  The bit I was agreeing with you on had nowt to do with your anti Cummings/Bannan/Trump diatribe which I would expect from a labour party apparatchik or an even more despicable member of the liberal elite (which I am fairly certain you are not).

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

Juncker is definitely backing down.

He leaves his post on October 31st so wants this tied up.

Boris is heading for a ticker tape parade down Pall Mall

We're leaving.

Thank fuck it's looking done.

It definately looks like all sides are looking for a compromise, even the DUP are softening their stance.

It is the only way out of this mess really. Then the real negotiating starts, this is just the end of the beginning. If it does happen of course but I think the EU are sick of it all now.

• Site Supporter

Whatever your thoughts on it, Boris closing parliament seems to have worked.

Stopping parliament from it's endless and ultimately pointless infighting has moved things on.

Chundering, bumbling, colossal buffoon he may be, but it's definitely worked.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Mate, it is so fucking vast you can certainly avoid the scorching temps and have a very good life down here. Tasmania an obvious example. South coast of WA is also very temperate - Albany, Denmark, Esperance.

Anyay, you stay in TM matey - we can't all fuck off.

Breightmet mate. Not always so bright, and now few meadows. :(

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

TBF, I think almost every fucker's sick of something connected with Brexit.

Needs to get done then everybody can concentrate on other things.

Love Boris or hate him, this has been his main thrust.

Can't argue with that. 

It really does feel like the shitstorm BWFC went through recently. Everyone, with any opinion, just hoping for it to be over one way or another so we can get back to more important matters like yelling 'Bollocks' at a referee for 90 minutes a week. 

Can't help but think that these 'other things' we need to get on with as a country will always have Brexit somewhere involved in the discussion. Sadly, this isn't going to go away, and conversations are going to be as bipartisan as they have for the past three years.

Hurray... 😒

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Whatever your thoughts on it, Boris closing parliament seems to have worked.

Stopping parliament from it's endless and ultimately pointless infighting has moved things on.

Chundering, bumbling, colossal buffoon he may be, but it's definitely worked.

Agree entirely.

All this "he's got no plan etc". Perhaps this was the plan. Davies said years ago that this is how it would pan out with the EU continually deriding the government's efforts then at the last minute it will be sorted.

No more shouts of the WA can't be re negotiated.

Finally something seems to be happening: just need to see if parliament will vote for anything he brings back.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree entirely.

All this "he's got no plan etc". Perhaps this was the plan. Davies said years ago that this is how it would pan out with the EU continually deriding the government's efforts then at the last minute it will be sorted.

No more shouts of the WA can't be re negotiated.

Finally something seems to be happening: just need to see if parliament will vote for anything he brings back.

Think it's nailed on this time.

No he’s the biggest joke ever, not fit to be prime minister, a buffoon , not fit for purpose , will go down in history as the worst prime minister ever , lost more votes in a row than any other prime minister.

have I missed anything for those of a left leaning persuasion?????

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No he’s the biggest joke ever, not fit to be prime minister, a buffoon , not fit for purpose , will go down in history as the worst prime minister ever , lost more votes in a row than any other prime minister.

He's probably the perfect frontman for the real movers and shakers. Able to simply shrug off criticism and plough on with the attitude of a man who knows he's a short term fix.

People underestimate just how single minded he is. They also miss the point that these decisions are not his alone.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Moon boy said:

Don’t think that many northern white working class thick Gammons study Facebook ads to that extent 

That's kinda the point that's being made here.

The suggestion is that these gammons see the ad and react precisely how the advertiser expects them too.

In short, they're thick and will get angry

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

That's kinda the point that's being made here.

The suggestion is that these gammons see the ad and react precisely how the advertiser expects them too.

In short, they're thick and will get angry

Thanks for clearing that up

My ‘suggestion ‘ is that Gammons don’t frequent Facebook in enough numbers to influence a Referendum 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

He's probably the perfect frontman for the real movers and shakers. Able to simply shrug off criticism and plough on with the attitude of a man who knows he's a short term fix.

People underestimate just how single minded he is. They also miss the point that these decisions are not his alone.

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s solely behind this to be fair. Cummins is the strategically minded one by all accounts. Like all good leaders he has surrounded himself with good people I would say. And by good I am solely relating it to the task in hand which was to deliver the vote of the people 

18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You forgot liar, puppet, foreigner and self-serving Eton wanker.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Thanks for clearing that up

My ‘suggestion ‘ is that Gammons don’t frequent Facebook in enough numbers to influence a Referendum 

Facebook is massive amongst over 35's. Huge.

All the kids are on Insta these days.

On 20/09/2019 at 13:21, Escobarp said:

Still Taste awfully sour them grapes I see 

One of the hardest things to do is to admit you were conned  but Sluffy is such a cockwomble he probably never will.

Edited by Wanderlust
Too many self-important humourless tosspots.