Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

For all those wondering about wto and borders etc.

Check the article I linked to. The wto has no enforcement mechanism. If we had two different borders, and if someone complained there is not a lot that can be done.

Perhaps common sense would break out, given the history of the Irish border.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

For all those wondering about wto and borders etc.

Check the article I linked to. The wto has no enforcement mechanism. If we had two different borders, and if someone complained there is not a lot that can be done.

Perhaps common sense would break out, given the history of the Irish border.

Theres been a shortage of that, on all sides, so far.

22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Right-wing populism, or national populism, is a political ideology which combines right-wing politics and populist rhetoric and themes. The rhetoric often consists of anti-elitist sentiments, opposition to the perceived Establishment, and speaking to the "common people".

Brexit. In its entirety. 

I guess thats why Jeremy is a secret Brexiteer as was Tony Benn , the Right wing scoundrels.  

14 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I'm guessing having 21 indie MPs with the Tory whip removed doesn't help Boris much in this instance?

I reckon many will vote for it, as it helps kill no deal.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I guess thats why Jeremy is a secret Brexiteer as was Tony Benn , the Right wing scoundrels.  

Tony Benn wasn’t a secret Brexiteer 

49 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We already know that, part of this great new deal that Boris is talking about actually states that we cannot have/negotiate more favourable terms than the EU already has (level playing field)  - fishing is a bit fucked as well I think.

Sadly it means Farage is going to be around for many more years yet

So what's the point in agreeing to a deal where we are unable to negotiate better deals than the EU? Mounts - can you explain the logic in this please? 

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

So what's the point in agreeing to a deal where we are unable to negotiate better deals than the EU? Mounts - can you explain the logic in this please? 

That not what the Tories are saying, I have not read the agreement, perhaps this will be clarified in the next 24 hours.   

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You are missing the point. Wanting to leave the EU is not marking you out as a right or left winger.

But Brexit and its campaign quickly became about right wing nationalist populism. And now is completely consumed by that. You had Cummings, a right wing populist running the campaign, now trying to run the show from "government". 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

You are missing the point. Wanting to leave the EU is not marking you out as a right or left winger.

But Brexit and its campaign quickly became about right wing nationalist populism. And now is completely consumed by that. You had Cummings, a right wing populist running the campaign, now trying to run the show from "government". 

Utter bollocks this is neither a hard or right wing Brexit, if it was then the DUP and Brexit party would be giving it the thumbs up and the EU would have never agreed to it.  Be a a good chap take it on the chin we are leaving, further denial is futile.      

• Site Supporter

A brief look at the figures earlier by pundits.

Most of the 21 look like they're going for it. Not Grieve of course.

Most of the erg will too.

Really could come down to something like persuading the DUP to abstain rather than vote against.

Lots of talking to do today.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A brief look at the figures earlier by pundits.

Most of the 21 look like they're going for it. Not Grieve of course.

Most of the erg will too.

Really could come down to something like persuading the DUP to abstain rather than vote against.

Lots of talking to do today.

The DUP said they will not support it that suggests they might abstain, which would be a surprise to me if they did. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Utter bollocks this is neither a hard or right wing Brexit, if it was then the DUP and Brexit party would be giving it the thumbs up and the EU would have never agreed to it.  Be a a good chap take it on the chin we are leaving, further denial is futile.      

:lol:. You've read the definition. It all applies to the nonsense Brexiteers have been spouting these past three years. 

We've been leaving for three years. I am looking forwards to the next few years of "I told you so" as our economy suffers and stagnates and the growing realisation amongst our populous that they were conned. It will happen. I cannot wait. 

• Site Supporter

MPs will vote for what suits them best. Simple as that.

The deal will get 330 votes I reckon.

Would be amusing if those 7 Sinn Fein trrists rocked up and threw a massive Irish spanner in the works.

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A lot can happen by then - I think enough Labour backbenchers will vote for it simply because they cannot predict where we might end up if they don't. 

I know. My point is, it doesn't "kill No Deal". The fact people are already repeating that shows how effective the propaganda is. Or how people don't understand this is still only a Withdrawal Agreement, not a "deal".

Edited by Cheese

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

::lol::. You've read the definition. It all applies to the nonsense Brexiteers have been spouting these past three years. 

We've been leaving for three years. I am looking forwards to the next few years of "I told you so" as our economy suffers and stagnates and the growing realisation amongst our populous that they were conned. It will happen. I cannot wait. 

That post just about sums you up it’s all about being proven correct so much so you wish is that our economy tanks to be proven correct, that is beyond reprehensible. For the record you’ll be waiting for a long time.... unless labour perform a miracle and get into power that is. 

• Site Supporter

That post just about sums you up it’s all about being proven correct so much so you wish is that our economy tanks to be proven correct, that is beyond reprehensible. For the record you’ll be waiting for a long time.... unless labour perform a miracle and get into power that is. 

Whoosh.

• Site Supporter

Short term pain.....

• Site Supporter

Jonathan Pie:

Dominic Raab said Northern Ireland’s part in the Brexit deal is a positive because: “They will remain in the UK but also have equal access to the Single Market.” So exactly like what the rest of the UK has while currently in the EU, you painfully ludicrous bellpipe.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Jonathan Pie:

Dominic Raab said Northern Ireland’s part in the Brexit deal is a positive because: “They will remain in the UK but also have equal access to the Single Market.” So exactly like what the rest of the UK has while currently in the EU, you painfully ludicrous bellpipe.

Exactly. By bigging up the "deal" as a great thing for Northern Ireland as it keeps them in the Single Market, they don't seem to realise they're praising the Single Market, that the rest of the UK is leaving. They're just not very bright. Especially Dominic "I didn't know how important Dover-Calais was" Raab.

Just now, Cheese said:

Exactly. By bigging up the "deal" as a great thing for Northern Ireland as it keeps them in the Single Market, they don't seem to realise they're praising the Single Market, that the rest of the UK is leaving. They're just not very bright. Especially Dominic "I didn't know how important Dover-Calais was" Raab.

You’re so clever, you should definitely go into politics