Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, miamiwhite said:

I’m not worried one bit.

I sincerely hope those flapping gobshites like yourself have kindly donated them to the food banks which you lot always whine about :

Stop it!

🤣

Just now, Cheese said:

I honestly don't give a fuck if he's causing a breach of the peace. That's up to the police to decide. He's still there, so they obviously don't think he is at the moment. 

Haha...the hypocrisy from lefties.......please remind when TR has another fundraiser......I bet you donate to Dave Allen aka Steve Bray don’t you ?

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You suggested Remain voters haven't gone about their daily business for the last 3 years. 

Your only example is of some of them attending a couple of demonstrations, which Leave voters also attended. 

You should be the one clarifying what behaviours you're talking about. 

You haven’t really understood the first question have you? It’s pointless carrying on if you struggled with that 

• Site Supporter

I’m not worried one bit.

I sincerely hope those flapping gobshites like yourself have kindly donated them to the food banks which you lot always whine about :

Again, you're fantasising. 

29 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I do have strong opinions, solidified by the fact that the weak pound has hammered my place of work and we have lost some great people. As of yet, no sign of any upside! 

Thanks for the link, plenty of opinion dressed as fact and plenty more facts with out detailed sourcing that can be scrutinised 

Any-road, here’s a snippet from your link that seems to sum up what you keep saying....

But things could move faster if the UK reduced trade barriers with the rest of the world and reorganised its regulatory system, dropping many of the costly EU regulations that hold back UK businesses

FirstlyI think COULD is the operative word in that 

secondly, it’s based on us dropping EU regulations and standards. The fact is, we along with France and Germany set those standards, we had the power to veto anything we didn’t like. I highly doubt we will be dropping any standards and that will limit our trade deals as it has the EU. The old chlorine Chicken with the US trade deal being a case in point 

Back to my point regarding Liz Truss, after all it’s her department! What do you make of her policy of prioritising trade deals with the likes of the US, Australia, New Zealand etc rather than fast growing developing economies like China and India? Surely you agree that it goes against everything you have been saying? 

Let’s put it into context, our trade with the EU is x40 bigger than that of Australia! If our trade with the EU drops by 2% then we need to double or trade with Australia to break even. I know where my priorities would be if it was my department 

The piece is absolutely correct to say that the percentage of our trade that is done with the EU is diminishing year on year. It therefore makes absolute sense for us to seek better terms for trade with the rest of the world which is clearly increasingly where our customer is. That cannot be disputed. 

The facts: https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

I agree that Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand are likely to be the quickest trade deals. 

You and I differ on what you describe as "standards". Having "standards" is one thing. Having everything regulated to within an inch of its life is quite another. These are matters of degree but in my opinion the whole of the EU needs to deregulate. You never seem to tackle the issue I raise about the way big corporates love all this red tape that the EU creates. As I have said before - they do so because it protects them from competition. This in turn leads of inefficiency and complacency. 

By the way - trade deals listed below already in place below. The world has changed since the 1970s. Time we moved with that change.

Anyway - this debate is healthy. It has been curtailed for too long in the UK.

Only true isn’t it mate ?

Plus they’ve added to our figures ‘despite of Brexit’

And there’s me thinking we were the thick ones :D

We are thick, racist, old

But we do have a sense of humour

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Haha...the hypocrisy from lefties.......please remind when TR has another fundraiser......I bet you donate to Dave Allen aka Steve Bray don’t you ?

Nope. All these things you're accusing me of only exist in your head. I'm sorry to spoil it for you. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nope. All these things you're accusing me of only exist in your head. I'm sorry to spoil it for you. 

Now..one thing that must clearly exist in my head is YOU SAYING YOU WEREN'T POSTING ON THIS THREAD AGAIN.......was that even more lies from you sweetheart ?

Edited by miamiwhite

Now..one thing that must clearly exist in my head is YOU SAYING YOU WEREN'T POSTING ON THIS THREAD AGAIN.......was that even more lies from you sweetheart ?

I remember that. His lot also said they'd respect the outcome of the referendum. Lower than a snake's belly.

He’s actually gone quiet as he now hastily deletes his tweets where he states he’s contributing to Steve Bray :D

Screenshots are magic ace cards though aren’t they ?

I’m in a great pub giggling away.