Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We'll have to show whether it turns up on this over the next couple of days. 

According to this - remain has been consistently in front for about 18 months now. However you ask the question.....

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-on-britains-membership-of-the-eu-how-would-you-vote-2/

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

Appreciate polls are often bullshit mind!

Just now, kent_white said:

We'll have to show whether it turns up on this over the next couple of days. 

According to this - remain has been consistently in front for about 18 months now. However you ask the question.....

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-on-britains-membership-of-the-eu-how-would-you-vote-2/

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

Appreciate polls are often bullshit mind!

Belt up mate.....they were gospel when you lot were winning :D

Hope you’re ok fella and all’s good ?

Working very near you, will send a nice DM in a mo.

• Members
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Thank you kind sir.

I note you’re an ex patron of the Morris Dancers, what era were you local sir ?

Around 10 years ago I moved away. my mam and dad live near St Bede’s church, it was my first local as a teenager

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Around 10 years ago I moved away. my mam and dad live near St Bede’s church, it was my first local as a teenager

Younger than me mate, but I was christened there and married there.

If they did divorces there, I’d have the perfect MG hat trick :D

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

There are Brexit loons outside Parliament too. 

Leave voters also started stockpiling when the threat of No Deal reached its peak. You don't have to be of any particular political persuasion to plan ahead for potential food shortages 

A path to reconcile the situation we are in at the moment is available and it’s front of us now

We had a Referendum, the majority voted to leave the EU, the minority need to accept that result, and I suspect most people throughout the U.K. are willing to accept that position,some  with reservations, that’s fair enough.

Our elected representatives in Parliament, for a variety of reasons are refusing to accept this reality, they are the logjam, the have no mandate to block a way forward to resolve the situation and move it on.

A GE were we the public can vote using our ‘one person one vote’ system would reset Parliament to a new collection of MPs who may be more willing to reflect ‘current’ public feeling and move the Country on.

Everybody can see how depressing it’s become, how bitter and twisted people have become, how people are weary of the same arguments over and over again, in other Countries violence against the police and the state during demonstrations has been rife, upto now we have not had to suffer that but the situation could change quickly, let’s get it done and move on

• Members
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Younger than me mate, but I was christened there and married there.

If they did divorces there, I’d have the perfect MG hat trick :D

Once went to a wedding at St Bede’s and snuck off for a quick pint, top and tails the works, first person who saw me was Mick off here, gave me some shit for looking like Rodney Trotter when he was an Undertaker. 

Just now, Rudy’s Message said:

Once went to a wedding at St Bede’s and snuck off for a quick pint, top and tails the works, first person who saw me was Mick off here, gave me some shit for looking like Rodney Trotter when he was an Undertaker. 

Haha.

Mick aka Leigh White or Micky D the Fire Station pool champ ? Cue the abuse now off Max Boyce :D

I did the same re a wedding there, fired off when the pics were taken, can’t beat it.

Was actually born on Grendon St facing St Bede’s.

• Members
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Haha.

Mick aka Leigh White or Micky D the Fire Station pool champ ? Cue the abuse now off Max Boyce :D

I did the same re a wedding there, fired off when the pics were taken, can’t beat it.

Was actually born on Grendon St facing St Bede’s.

I can’t remember his username now.

Might bob in over Christmas for old times sake 😁

6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I note Farrelli fucked off after being silenced.

Fannyfishfingers5 did the same......Cheese appeared ‘miraculously’ after fanny5 was demolished and did the same....

Which clown from the left appears now I wonder :D

Shall we open a book ?

Cheese once he’s done his deleting on twitter! 

Oh and I was head boy as St Bedes 😉

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Cheese once he’s done his deleting on twitter! 

Oh and I was head boy as St Bedes 😉

I heard for a boy, you gave the best head at Bede’s :D

Shall we twist the screw more now re the vote......I wonder how many on here remember the vote for Welsh Devolution and the tiny winning margin, yet it was fully respected......this should be fun mate ....

20 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I note Farrelli fucked off after being silenced.

Fannyfishfingers5 did the same......Cheese appeared ‘miraculously’ after fanny5 was demolished and did the same....

Which clown from the left appears now I wonder :D

Shall we open a book ?

Thought you got lost on the way to the bath you clown😀

Edited by Farrelli

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I heard for a boy, you gave the best head at Bede’s :D

Shall we twist the screw more now re the vote......I wonder how many on here remember the vote for Welsh Devolution and the tiny winning margin, yet it was fully respected......this should be fun mate ....

I won! Fromage was the easy win.

cracking head mate 😂😂

47 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The piece is absolutely correct to say that the percentage of our trade that is done with the EU is diminishing year on year. It therefore makes absolute sense for us to seek better terms for trade with the rest of the world which is clearly increasingly where our customer is. That cannot be disputed. 

The facts: https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

I agree that Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand are likely to be the quickest trade deals. 

You and I differ on what you describe as "standards". Having "standards" is one thing. Having everything regulated to within an inch of its life is quite another. These are matters of degree but in my opinion the whole of the EU needs to deregulate. You never seem to tackle the issue I raise about the way big corporates love all this red tape that the EU creates. As I have said before - they do so because it protects them from competition. This in turn leads of inefficiency and complacency. 

By the way - trade deals listed below already in place below. The world has changed since the 1970s. Time we moved with that change.

Anyway - this debate is healthy. It has been curtailed for too long in the UK.

Good to see some trade deals done, although nothing in that list of any great value 

Can you tell me what terms those agreements have been based on? Surely we haven’t just rolled the current terms as set by the EU? After all, I thought the point was that we would make our own deals that are much better 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Good to see some trade deals done, although nothing in that list of any great value 

Can you tell me what terms those agreements have been based on? Surely we haven’t just rolled the current terms as set by the EU? After all, I thought the point was that we would make our own deals that are much better 

What about trade done with the EU diminishing year on year, did you miss that big point ?

No point in flogging a dead horse mate, it’s finished and shows exactly why they’re getting the likes of Albania etc on board.....it’s all about their money.