Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Good to see some trade deals done, although nothing in that list of any great value 

Can you tell me what terms those agreements have been based on? Surely we haven’t just rolled the current terms as set by the EU? After all, I thought the point was that we would make our own deals that are much better 

Central America and Caribbean countries; cheese will be ok for his bananas then.

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I’m sure one thing we can all agree on is the shocking state of affairs re the Catalans 

Absolutely disgusting treatment of them

And the EU just stand there and watch

20 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

What about trade done with the EU diminishing year on year, did you miss that big point ?

No point in flogging a dead horse mate, it’s finished and shows exactly why they’re getting the likes of Albania etc on board.....it’s all about their money.

So you believe that our trade with the EU has become smaller over time? I’d have to disagree. It’s increased in cash terms as far as I can see. I think your getting confused between quantum cash and % share

Granted the EU is a smaller % of our trade as developing economies have become a bigger part 

In my game the German retailers(Aldi and Lidl) have gone from nothing to a decent share of our business, that means that the top (Tesco etc) are becoming a smaller share of our business. However they are still growing, just at a smaller rate and they still dwarf the German retailers in terms of value. What’s our key customer then, it’s not ALDI or Lidl, it’s Tesco and our other biggest customers 

If I was Liz Truss and I was responsible for trade deals what would be my priority...

1 trade deal worth 44% of my trade or 170 trade deals worth 56%. I’d be focussing on the one trade deal that’s bringing in half our business personally 

Just now, Cheese said:

So now you WANT the EU interfering in the domestic issues of its members? Make your fucking mind up. 

Just having fun, my Twitter friend!

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

So you believe that our trade with the EU has become smaller over time? I’d have to disagree. It’s increased in cash terms as far as I can see. I think your getting confused between quantum cash and % share

Granted the EU is a smaller % of our trade as developing economies have become a bigger part 

In my game the German retailers(Aldi and Lidl) have gone from nothing to a decent share of our business, that means that the top (Tesco etc) are becoming a smaller share of our business. However they are still growing, just at a smaller rate and they still dwarf the German retailers in terms of value. What’s our key customer then, it’s not ALDI or Lidl, it’s Tesco and our other biggest customers 

If I was Liz Truss and I was responsible for trade deals what would be my priority...

1 trade deal worth 44% of my trade or 170 trade deals worth 56%. I’d be focussing on the one trade deal that’s bringing in half our business personally 

You answered your own question.

The EU is a smaller % of our trade as developing economies have become a bigger part. No need for war and peace is there :D

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Seeing as miami is sending it to every potential nonce in his phone book, I think I'll keep it that way for a while. 

Actually, Cheese, he did keep it private.

i have no idea who you are.

I have a sense of what you are, but not who. Miami has not breached your privacy.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Seeing as miami is sending it to every potential nonce in his phone book, I think I'll keep it that way for a while. 

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Theres only one nonce on here who posts pics of schoolkids and that is you, you freak :D

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You answered your own question.

The EU is a smaller % of our trade as developing economies have become a bigger part. No need for war and peace is there :D

Let’s put it another way, the EU is worth twice as much to us as it was 20 years ago, it’s got A LOT bigger, it’s our most important trading relationship by far. It’s not diminishing in cash terms 

In the same period our trade with China has ballooned, mostly as they sell us more and more cheap shite 

Escobarp wants us to move away from the EU so we can make free trade deals with growing economies. I don’t believe we will get one with China (or want one), LizTruss seems to agree or it would be a priority for her surely 

Edited by birch-chorley

Just now, boltondiver said:

Actually, Cheese, he did keep it private.

i have no idea who you are.

I have a sense of what you are, but not who. Miami has not breached your privacy.

Thank you G.

I wouldn’t breach his privacy as I promised. Just shows how easy it is to wind him up :D

Just now, birch-chorley said:

Let’s put it another way, the EU is worth twice as much to us as it was 20 years ago, it’s got A LOT bigger, it’s our most important trading relationship by far 

In the same period our trade with China has ballooned, mostly as they sell us more and more cheap shite 

Escobar wants us to move away from the EU so we can make free trade deals with growing economies. I don’t believe we will get one with China (or want one), LizTruss seems to agree 

Mate, not getting into a debate, I purely asked you one question which you answered yourself.

End of, I’m off to sleep now.

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Let’s put it another way, the EU is worth twice as much to us as it was 20 years ago, it’s got A LOT bigger, it’s our most important trading relationship by far 

Escobar wants us to move away from the EU so we can make free trade deals with growing economies. I don’t believe we will get one with China (or want one), LizTruss seems to agree 

Why can’t we continue to trade with the EU and also increase trade with China?