Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Fuck me - we were here years ago. When you leave, do you think all trace vanishes? Family, property, friends etc.

I have financial interests in the UK and other parts of Europe, I have a large extended family mostly in the Bolton area but outposts in Buckinghamshire and East Renfrewshire and a number of lifelong friends who still stay in regular contact, BWFC.

What makes you think I wouldn't want what I consider to be the very best possible for all of those? 

Just asked a question because I interested

• Members
40 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Just asked a question because I interested

In that case, no worries sir. Hopefully that response met your requirements then.

Forgetting financial issues and others, the emotional links to Bolton, Lancashire and England will never fade.

Not far off living back there for at least one month every year if plans reach fruition.

• Members
5 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

In that case, no worries sir. Hopefully that response met your requirements then.

Forgetting financial issues and others, the emotional links to Bolton, Lancashire and England will never fade.

Not far off living back there for at least one month every year if plans reach fruition.

You must know people who emigrate and don’t give a fuck what happens in their birth country? Which I can understand new country fresh start never looking back and all that , not that I could do that but I get why people do. What does interest me is people’s point of views and opinions on what happens in the country they emigrated from in particular politics.

i work with people who are from all over the world and their political views from places they’re from is fascinating , and they think the same about here at the moment. 

• Members

I do not know a single Brit over here who does not maintain strong links with home and remains interested in everything from UK football to Brexit to the price of baked beans at Morrisons.

I do know a very few (in my view treacherous bastards) who support Australian teams against English ones which just does not compute in my world. Maybe they hadn't lived for 33 years in Blighty like I had before coming here and developed the depth of feeling for what for me will always be home. As you might guess, I keep them at arms length and exchange only basic, mild pleasantries. Wouldn't trust anyone like that as far as I could throw them.

The general hoi polloi I associate with at walking football, scooter club events, soul nights etc. remain loyal to a man and are most definitely always ready to discuss UK football and politics.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I do not know a single Brit over here who does not maintain strong links with home and remains interested in everything from UK football to Brexit to the price of baked beans at Morrisons.

I do know a very few (in my view treacherous bastards) who support Australian teams against English ones which just does not compute in my world. Maybe they hadn't lived for 33 years in Blighty like I had before coming here and developed the depth of feeling for what for me will always be home. As you might guess, I keep them at arms length and exchange only basic, mild pleasantries. Wouldn't trust anyone like that as far as I could throw them.

The general hoi polloi I associate with at walking football, scooter club events, soul nights etc. remain loyal to a man and are most definitely always ready to discuss UK football and politics.

Do you reckon they could keep discussing for 1,163 pages though?

That's the real test.

14 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Weren't we expecting the Lib Dems to be the saviour of the nation ? 😁😁😁😁

Normal service is resumed........Big Di's son biting a copper.....priceless........she tried to stop The Telegraph from publishing it, the thick fat cow....

Massive demos in France as we speak......isn't the EU magic ?

The riots in France are about changes to pensions which the French say will mean they work longer. Their pension age is 62. Ours is 66.

That has nothing to do with the EU. Unless you are saying our pension age will go back to 60/62 when we leave? Are you claiming that?

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

Do you reckon they could keep discussing for 1,163 pages though?

That's the real test.

That is a very fair point. I may question the sanity, depravity and vanity of some of the contributors on WWays but I can never question their dogged persistence even in the face of utter and certain annihilation. Example - Red Mick and Leigh Whites devotion to that Marxist, terrorist sympathising, anti semitic, chardonnay swilling 'comrade' from Islington.

• Members
Just now, boltondiver said:

Interesting question; who does Corbyn like?

Hates the west, esp the US

Hates the UK

Hates the EU

can’t imagine him on the Chardonnay, mind

Methinks thou art wrong on that last one old son. Having said that, it could be Sauvignon Blanc.

Momentum lot are voracious chardonnay swiggers. The new 'working class'. Aye, reet.

• Members
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting question; who does Corbyn like?

Hates the west, esp the US

Hates the UK

Hates the EU

can’t imagine him on the Chardonnay, mind

Definitely a Pernod and lemonade mon that I do know 

56 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The riots in France are about changes to pensions which the French say will mean they work longer. Their pension age is 62. Ours is 66.

That has nothing to do with the EU. Unless you are saying our pension age will go back to 60/62 when we leave? Are you claiming that?

It’s not a state pension issue is it? 

I thought it was around gold plated public sector pensions and 75% of France supports the proposed changes 

Think we went through a similar thing about ten years ago 

Edited by birch-chorley

59 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Indirectly it could be linked to Brexit, France and Germany going to have to put more in to keep it going, they have to claw it back somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Indirectly it could be linked to Brexit, France and Germany going to have to put more in to keep it going, they have to claw it back somewhere. 

The original yellow vests were demonstrating against the EU, the media like to suggest otherwise hence why they don't like to show too much of the violence from the police.

The movement marched onto the EU HQ several months ago and still regularly burn the EU flag.

28 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

The original yellow vests were demonstrating against the EU, the media like to suggest otherwise hence why they don't like to show too much of the violence from the police.

The movement marched onto the EU HQ several months ago and still regularly burn the EU flag.

The French government know that the U.K. have a more competitive and less unionised workforce and as we leave the EU and it’s regulatory straight jacket we will offer businesses a massive competitive edge to set up in the U.K. against the likes of France. The chickens coming home to roost. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The French government know that the U.K. have a more competitive and less unionised workforce and as we leave the EU and it’s regulatory straight jacket we will offer businesses a massive competitive edge to set up in the U.K. against the likes of France. The chickens coming home to roost. 

Its almost hilarious if it wasn't just so inane.

We'll be working till we're dead to prop up a failing economy where low unemployment is propped up by low growth, low productivity and zero hours contracts rising poverty and homelessness. 

Where the PM and his team walk past homeless people and ignore them. 

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its almost hilarious if it wasn't just so inane.

We'll be working till we're dead to prop up a failing economy where low unemployment is propped up by low growth, low productivity and zero hours contracts rising poverty and homelessness. 

Where the PM and his team walk past homeless people and ignore them. 

You and your crystal ball yet again. Fucking marvelous the things you know yet some of the most successful businessmen the country has ever known don’t.  

Give it a rest eh 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You and your crystal ball yet again. Fucking marvelous the things you know yet some of the most successful businessmen the country has ever known don’t.  

Give it a rest eh 

We're already there. Its not predictive is it? We have a low growth economy with homelessness shooting up in the last 9 years. Retirement age inches ever upwards too. 

None of that is a prediction. Its the current reality after the last 9 years. 

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

That is a very fair point. I may question the sanity, depravity and vanity of some of the contributors on WWays but I can never question their dogged persistence even in the face of utter and certain annihilation. Example - Red Mick and Leigh Whites devotion to that Marxist, terrorist sympathising, anti semitic, chardonnay swilling 'comrade' from Islington.

You know fuck all about how I think, mainly because you’ve got me on ignore, you massive tart. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We're already there. Its not predictive is it? We have a low growth economy with homelessness shooting up in the last 9 years. Retirement age inches ever upwards too. 

Failing economy? I’m not seeing that

how many homeless folk are you taking into your abode tonight to feed them out of interest?

we all walk past homeless people. All of us. You really do need to go lie down in a darkened room 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You’ve lost the plot, economic growth in U.K. is hardly any different to the rest of the developed European economies. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/16934/percentage-economic-growth-expected-in-eu-member-states/

Edited by Mounts Kipper