Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

So to counter a significant piece of research you're using an opinion piece by an ex-UKIP candidate? 
This is the problem - and why we find ourselves in this position. He even starts off relatively well before tailing off into the generic and oh so familiar Brexitisms of "well experts why listen to them if they aren't telling us what we want to hear?"

No, I’m suggesting that you might want to read it

Not for a second do I imagine, you’ll change your view.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AgentP22/status/1217472515628503041

cannae beat old fat bastard getting tore a new one. Can’t be long before he spontaneously combusts surely 🙏🏼 Or resigns 

Jaw dropping continual comments about democracy. Refusal to accept two democratic referendums is ok though.

Wait another 15-20 years (a generation, remember Nicola?) and see where we're at then.

He's a pipe (dream) tosser.

On 06/01/2020 at 09:26, bwfcfan5 said:

Nandy in my view won't ever win a general election - that's the problem with her. She's intelligent and speaks fairly well - but she is just not going to be perceived by the wider public as a suitable leader. I'm not convinced many of the contenders will be. 

She was fantastic on Andrew Neil tonight. 

• Site Supporter

If Half a million is raised just to ring a bell, every single cunt that contributes should be drowned in the Thames.

People are homeless, food banks are prevalent yet some would happily tip their money at a bell.

Pure, utter cunts.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

If Half a million is raised just to ring a bell, every single cunt that contributes should be drowned in the Thames.

People are homeless, food banks are prevalent yet some would happily tip their money at a bell.

Pure, utter cunts.

Couldn’t agree more

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Pure, utter cunts.

Pretty sure folk can do what the fuck they want with their money.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I won't be contributing for sure, but can't agree with his rant.

World would be shit if everyone was perfect.

Come on

We all know it’s being egged on by people like PaulHangry who just want to say We Won.

It’s not just cringeworthy, it’s fucking insulting to the nation. It’s Dad’s fucking Army stuff

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Come on

We all know it’s being egged on by people like PaulHangry who just want to say We Won.

It’s not just cringeworthy, it’s fucking insulting to the nation. It’s Dad’s fucking Army stuff

I agree it's completely unnecessary. However if folk are daft enough to pay for it themselves, then fine.

So long as the government doesn't cough up a penny.

It's also worth noting that because of the plan of works, there will be no floor in on the 31st, so the temporary electric motor driven hammer that was used at new year can't be used this time.

Would require scaffold removal, temporary structures etc and a delay to the repair programme, which I reckon is totally stupid and unnecessary.

Ultimately though, it's a harmless event.

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Pure, utter cunts.

What did you say when Gina Miller crowdfunded to try and stop brexit? Just out of interest that’s all did you have the same reaction?

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Come on

Not as cringey as it's going to be if Nigel Farage brings along his big speaker as he's suggested he'll do as a backup plan. 

I'd pay the half million just to avoid us looking quite so small time.

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

Not as cringey as it's going to be if Nigel Farage brings along his big speaker as he's suggested he'll do as a backup plan. 

I'd pay the half million just to avoid us looking quite so small time.

He needs to focus the money on his party. Quick calculation the other day, came to £10 per head. At London prices, that does appear small time.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

What did you say when Gina Miller crowdfunded to try and stop brexit? Just out of interest that’s all did you have the same reaction?

Equally a waste of people’s money

Of course people can spend their money on what they want, but this is an embarrassment 

Just now, Spider said:

Of course people can spend their money on what they want, but this is an embarrassment 

I was just interested that was all as couldn’t remember such an outburst 

agree that money should be spent homing feeding and clothing those who need it it’s disgusting really and sad 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

That's a fan5 statement. Will you really be embarrassed?

I won't, might shrug my shoulders at most, but no fucks given whatsoever.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

As long as it’s not directly from the taxpayer with no say, then people can fund what they want.

I agree that it’s a waste of people’s money, but it’s also insane that  Donkey Sanctuaries receive more in public donations than say women’s shelters.

It’s  their cash, but more should be done, as Spider says, to highlight where charitable money could make a real difference. Not just for a tourist attraction, or a Donkey for that matter.

26 minutes ago, Spider said:

Pure, utter cunts.

Take it to the ECJ