Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

Just at least another 2yrs to go.

Whether you voted in or out this has been a real waste of everyone’s resources/thoughts/money etc. To be getting on with it is good. Time will tell if this delivers success or doom, let’s hope it’s success and a lot of healing can commence and people can get back to the  what they were doing before we had #brexit and #FPBE hash tags and going over the same stuff daily

2 hours ago, leigh white said:

Just waiting for the fun and games to begin with the Party who created it, and then sort it all out.🍺

I have a hunch that when there are issues it'll be blamed on those pesky remainers.

The pressure is on Johnson now, there are no excuses about not making it a huge success as he promised

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

I have a hunch that when there are issues it'll be blamed on those pesky remainers.

The pressure is on Johnson now, there are no excuses about not making it a huge success as he promised

He won't even last the course, will be chucked out quicker than Mrs May.

3 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

I have a hunch that you'll spend a decade desperately googling for any evidence of negative economic news you can unearth to carry on your dismal fearmongering. Of course you'll have to concentrate on the fearmongering now that the democracy denying is a channel no longer available for you to pursue. Perhaps even you've now realised that.

And you've still yet to answer. How is that shift in momentum to remain you detected after the EU elections in May going? How did your prediction re the EU not needing to deal with Boris go? 

You've got a very, very big authenticity and accuracy problem. The reason for that is that you never ever get anything right. Never. The pressure is actually on you ..... to actually get something right for the very first time on this forum. Come on Nostradamus - get your fucking act together.

10 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I have a hunch that you'll spend a decade desperately googling for any evidence of negative economic news you can unearth to carry on your dismal fearmongering. Of course you'll have to concentrate on the fearmongering now that the democracy denying is a channel no longer available for you to pursue. Perhaps even you've now realised that.

And you've still yet to answer. How is that shift in momentum to remain you detected after the EU elections in May going? How did your prediction re the EU not needing to deal with Boris go? 

You've got a very, very big authenticity and accuracy problem. The reason for that is that you never ever get anything right. Never. The pressure is actually on you ..... to actually get something right for the very first time on this forum. Come on Nostradamus - get your fucking act together.

Insert Mike drop Gif

46 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Calm down Paul😂

• Members
5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Now that’s not very nice is it? Tell you want crowdfund me to the tune of £500,000 and I’ll quit the site happily.

Now, now - you know that is unnecessary and simply grandstanding.

When I say it I mean it. There are 11 current posters whose posts, views and general demeanour command my utmost respect. There are many who have gone for less than palatable reasons such as Brixton, Zozzy, TSO, Smiffs, Maggie Tate and others who were excellent contributors IMO.

Then there is the vast majority neutral zone who generally neither piss me off nor inspire me.

Then the swamp. Nine of them to date. Once their number passes the 11 visionaries I will likely depart this place and leave it to what appears to be an ever growing band of wankers and wastrels of the type the m0ng magnet used to attract.

16 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

When I say it I mean it. There are 11 current posters whose posts, views and general demeanour command my utmost respect. There are many who have gone for less than palatable reasons such as Brixton, Zozzy, TSO, Smiffs, Maggie Tate and others who were excellent contributors IMO.

Then there is the vast majority neutral zone who generally neither piss me off nor inspire me.

Then the swamp. Nine of them to date. Once their number passes the 11 visionaries I will likely depart this place and leave it to what appears to be an ever growing band of wankers and wastrels of the type the m0ng magnet used to attract.

😀Fucking brilliant

I actually believe you've got a little notebook of your favs. 

You're such a drama queen. And a bit fucking weird.

Edited by mickbrown

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

You won, get over it! You promised the land of milk and honey so just deliver it, no excuses just deliver it and just as you have judged and damned the "failing" EU we will judge you and I think that is only fair. Don't give me the reason to question you and to use your phraseology, we know who you are and we know how you operate. Gone has the bullshit in/out rhetotic and now it's all about the delivery so i am looking forward to sitting back and watching our economy flourish👍

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter

Will folk please stop saying Boris got a deal TM couldn't. He agreed a deal TM wouldn't allow to pass because of NI. He has agreed to the original proposal by Barnier so no fucking wonder the EU 'reopened the WA that no one said they would' because it is in their favour.

We leave soon, and frankly thank fuck, I am past caring now. But we now have years of trade twattery with the EU and plenty of others. I am not convinced me, you or anyone else is winning. 

10 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Will folk please stop saying Boris got a deal TM couldn't. He agreed a deal TM wouldn't allow to pass because of NI. He has agreed to the original proposal by Barnier so no fucking wonder the EU 'reopened the WA that no one said they would' because it is in their favour.

We leave soon, and frankly thank fuck, I am past caring now. But we now have years of trade twattery with the EU and plenty of others. I am not convinced me, you or anyone else is winning. 

No one in this debacle wins, the reality is that we will be poorer and the EU will be too but less so. I hope I am wrong and Mounts and Mr Hanley and their ilk are proved right. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Hey, it’s your call. I’ve been on this place since Rivals, taken a fair share of pot shots - it’s not to be taken seriously. Also, why would you just want to spend free time in a place where everyone just agrees with you? It’s a good thing we all come from different backgrounds with differing viewpoints (although some of the comments on this thread sort of go from gentle pisstaking to things slightly more extreme!) 

I get it’s annoying when someone says I think you’re wrong but that’s just being part of the world, also folk are more likely to make some little jokes if you take it all too seriously. Everyone has their trope on this place lefty handwringers, metropolitan elites, condescending pricks to right wing loons, Trump fanboys and even Parkinson supporters. The fact is, that those caricatures are just that and probably don’t represent even a tenth of a persons true nature.

So I’d just lighten up a bit, spout bollocks, get taken the piss out of a bit a enjoy being on here reading other folk’s views.

You massive trifle making tool 😉

7 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

You won, get over it! You promised the land of milk and honey so just deliver it, no excuses just deliver it and just as you have judged and damned the "failing" EU we will judge you and I think that is only fair. Don't give me the reason to question you and to use your phraseology, we know who you are and we know how you operate. Gone has the bullshit in/out rhetotic and now it's all about the delivery so i am looking forward to sitting back and watching our economy flourish👍

And do you imagine that with your record since June 23, 2016 that we will trust you to be an impartial judge in these matters? Given you get everything wrong do you think we ought to trust you to be a judge on anything at all?

You are a clear and proven democracy denier and a fearmonger. You are not in the remainer majority of the 16.1 million/48 per cent. You are a remoaner. There is indeed real anger all over this country at the performance we've had from people with your profile over the last three and a half years. You were smugly egging on people who were brazenly trying to deny democracy. This is the stuff of the banana republic. Don't imagine that it's going to be forgotten. You can try to retrospectively disguise yourself in the ranks of respectable remainers but it won't work. We absolutely know how you operate - and it's been ugly and shameful stuff for a 21st century democracy. What made you think you could ever get away with it?

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

And do you imagine that with your record since June 23, 2016 that we will trust you to be an impartial judge in these matters? Given you get everything wrong do you think we ought to trust you to be a judge on anything at all?

You are a clear and proven democracy denier and a fearmonger. You are not in the remainer majority of the 16.1 million/48 per cent. You are a remoaner. There is indeed real anger all over this country at the performance we've had from people with your profile over the last three and a half years. You were smugly egging on people who were brazenly trying to deny democracy. This is the stuff of the banana republic. Don't imagine that it's going to be forgotten. You can try to retrospectively disguise yourself in the ranks of respectable remainers but it won't work. We absolutely know how you operate - and it's been ugly and shameful stuff for a 21st century democracy. What made you think you could ever get away with it?

Why are you so angry?

Is it an unresolved childhood issue? Messy divorce? Does she beat you up?

Don’t take it all out on ST, it’s not his fault. 

• Site Supporter

Anyway.

moving away from the petty bullshit, our government is saying the sunny uplands are only for some people. No doubt some manufacturers who voted to leave (me) will suffer. The government are saying it out loud.

The sunny uplands is looking like a members only club from down here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933

• Members
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hey, it’s your call. I’ve been on this place since Rivals, taken a fair share of pot shots - it’s not to be taken seriously. Also, why would you just want to spend free time in a place where everyone just agrees with you? It’s a good thing we all come from different backgrounds with differing viewpoints (although some of the comments on this thread sort of go from gentle pisstaking to things slightly more extreme!) 

I get it’s annoying when someone says I think you’re wrong but that’s just being part of the world, also folk are more likely to make some little jokes if you take it all too seriously. Everyone has their trope on this place lefty handwringers, metropolitan elites, condescending pricks to right wing loons, Trump fanboys and even Parkinson supporters. The fact is, that those caricatures are just that and probably don’t represent even a tenth of a persons true nature.

So I’d just lighten up a bit, spout bollocks, get taken the piss out of a bit a enjoy being on here reading other folk’s views.

You massive trifle making tool 😉

:rofl: Love the coup de grace at the end :good:

In a charitable mood at the moment. Youngest grandsons second birthday party today and the little champ really does make me laugh so I'll give you a positive. You are correct about the bold bit. We tried it.

Now then young shitetalker, maybe you should be the one not taking everything posted on her too seriously? :D