Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why are you so angry?

Is it an unresolved childhood issue? Messy divorce? Does she beat you up?

Don’t take it all out on ST, it’s not his fault. 

Ey up, closing ranks? Without a shadow of a doubt, ST has been the most over emotional, hysterical remoaner on here. There have been plenty of others but he has been at the forefront since the day after the referendum - so much so that I seriously did think it might adversely affect his health. Not surprising then that he was noticed and sticks in folks memories.

"Taking it out on"? Melodramatic.

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyway.

moving away from the petty bullshit, our government is saying the sunny uplands are only for some people. No doubt some manufacturers who voted to leave (me) will suffer. The government are saying it out loud.

The sunny uplands is looking like a members only club from down here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933

This is what we voted for 3 times and on the 3rd vote gave Johnson a massive majority and mandate to get it done and not to be held prisoner and not to be held back by EU laws and regulations, leaving the EU has already played a part in saving Flybe, we can make our own judgement calls without recourse to EU law, investment in the North and Midlands is a priority and we can spend as we please, no longer having to rely on the EU to distribute OUR money as they seem fit. It’s all very exciting and a new dawn awaits our great country. Bong, Bong, Bong, gonna sound very sweet on the 31st. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This is what we voted for 3 times, and the 3rd time have given Johnson a massive majority and mandate to get it done and not to be held prisoner by the EU to strike out and stand on our own 2 feet, not to be held back by EU laws and regulations, leaving the EU has already played a part in saving Flybe, we can make our own judgement calls without recourse to EU law, investment in the North and Midlands is a priority and we can spend as we please, no longer having to rely on the EU to distribute OUR money as they seem fit. It’s all very exciting and a new dawn awaits our great country. Bong, Bong, Bong, gonna sound very sweet on the 31st. 

We know who won Mounts. Honest, it’s done.

Tell me why Javid is saying that businesses will suffer please.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Because he is a realist. Some businesses will - others will absolutely flourish. All part of the short term pain for long term gain scenario which most right thinking folk always knew would be the case.

Just cherry picking to suit your argument won't wash.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not once has he mentioned suffer, that’s in your head, he says some will benefit some won’t, that’s always going to be the case, let’s all just get on with it, roll our sleeves up and crack on. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not once has he mentioned suffer, that’s in your head, he says some will benefit some won’t, that’s always going to be the case, let’s all just get on with it, roll our sleeves up and crack on. 

My export customers are gone for good.

Happy to see others flourish of course, schadenfraude isn’t my thing, but how is leaving good for the country if it causes businesses to fail? Does that not take a bit of an edge off the victory parade?

I voted for this, so it’s my own fault. I just wish £2million worth of business hadn’t disappeared overnight. You can understand that, I assume?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Also Mounts, you may want to stop saying “us” and “we” when you’ve already stated that you’re ducking out of the battle to go and drink on the Costa del Sol mate

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

Because some will and some will prosper

As is always the case

And there’s a fact.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Why are you so angry?

Is it an unresolved childhood issue? Messy divorce? Does she beat you up?

Don’t take it all out on ST, it’s not his fault. 

If you live in a democracy and people spend their time blatantly and smugly trying to block, obstruct and sabotage the outcome of democratic votes then it's a very, very big problem. We saw it consistently for three and a half years. Unprecedentedly poor behaviour from people who had deemed themselves superior. They seriously thought they could ignore or repress the 2016 vote. Salford Trotter is a prime example on this board. 

...... and if you think it's just me who is angry about that behaviour you're hopelessly wrong. Unless these characters understand that their behaviour engenders anger they feel free to indulge in their nasty habits again.

33 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

If you live in a democracy and people spend their time blatantly and smugly trying to block, obstruct and sabotage the outcome of democratic votes then it's a very, very big problem. We saw it consistently for three and a half years. Unprecedentedly poor behaviour from people who had deemed themselves superior. They seriously thought they could ignore or repress the 2016 vote. Salford Trotter is a prime example on this board. 

...... and if you think it's just me who is angry about that behaviour you're hopelessly wrong. Unless these characters understand that their behaviour engenders anger they feel free to indulge in their nasty habits again.

I think you might be projecting your anger inappropriately Paul. 

I think a lot of people are angry about what's gone on over the past few years - but you can't expect the rest of us to get behind Brexit if Brexiteers can't let go of the past either.

I think it's time for reconciliation now to be honest.

3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

And do you imagine that with your record since June 23, 2016 that we will trust you to be an impartial judge in these matters? Given you get everything wrong do you think we ought to trust you to be a judge on anything at all?

You are a clear and proven democracy denier and a fearmonger. You are not in the remainer majority of the 16.1 million/48 per cent. You are a remoaner. There is indeed real anger all over this country at the performance we've had from people with your profile over the last three and a half years. You were smugly egging on people who were brazenly trying to deny democracy. This is the stuff of the banana republic. Don't imagine that it's going to be forgotten. You can try to retrospectively disguise yourself in the ranks of respectable remainers but it won't work. We absolutely know how you operate - and it's been ugly and shameful stuff for a 21st century democracy. What made you think you could ever get away with it?

I'm not joking, you seriously need help Paul. 

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Happy to see others flourish of course, schadenfraude isn’t my thing, but how is leaving good for the country if it causes businesses to fail? Does that not take a bit of an edge off the victory parade?

I voted for this, so it’s my own fault. I just wish £2million worth of business hadn’t disappeared overnight. You can understand that, I assume?

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Also Mounts, you may want to stop saying “us” and “we” when you’ve already stated that you’re ducking out of the battle to go and drink on the Costa del Sol mate

I’m sorry you’ve lost business, I’ve lost 4 million of turnover partially due to currency exchange and that’s made a 20k difference to my salary each year, these things happen it’s the natural course of business, regarding me moving to Spain it’s a good few years off yet and I’m still going to spend more time here than Spain because Spanish tax is more punitive than the U.K.   It really is time you moved on from Brexit and got on with whatever hand you are dealt with rather than wasting your time bleating about it. 

39 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I think you might be projecting your anger inappropriately Paul. 

I think a lot of people are angry about what's gone on over the past few years - but you can't expect the rest of us to get behind Brexit if Brexiteers can't let go of the past either.

I think it's time for reconciliation now to be honest.

It is time for reconciliation. I think any leaver is finding it very, very easy to reconcile with remainers (as opposed to remoaners)- ie people who just accepted the result in 2016. Indeed there may not have been agreement between leavers and remainers but there was immediate reconciliation at least insofar as the outcome of a vote was accepted.

I love the way some on here and elsewhere are only now acknowledging "you've won". Why didn't they do that from June 24, 2016 like the majority of the 48 per cent did? There's nothing inappropriate about calling out people who have blatantly been trying to obstruct democracy. It's a culture I would never have imagined existed in this country but there it has been in all its misery from 2016-19. 

If you want to use the word inappropriate, there can be nothing more inappropriate than thinking you can ignore the result of public votes. Those responsible need to understand the depths to which they have been dredging since 2016. It's the distinction between a remainer and a remoaner.

Edited by paulhanley

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It is time for reconciliation. I think any leaver is finding it very, very easy to reconcile with remainers (as opposed to remoaners)- ie people who just accepted the result in 2016. Indeed there may not have been agreement between leavers and remainers but there was immediate reconciliation at least insofar as the outcome of a vote was accepted.

I love the way some on here and elsewhere are only now acknowledging "you've won". Why didn't they do that from June 24, 2016 like the majority of the 48 per cent did? There's nothing inappropriate about calling out people who have blatantly been trying to obstruct democracy. It's a culture I would never have imagined existed in this country but there it has been in all its misery from 2016-19. 

If you want to use the word inappropriate, there can be nothing more inappropriate than thinking you can ignore the result of public votes. Those responsible need to understand the depths to which they have been dredging since 2016. It's the distinction between a remainer and a remoaner.

I won, for the record.

But it doesn’t feel like it every payday.

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You are a cock of the highest order.

And out come the keyboard ninjas 😂

Tell me what advice you would give to someone who paypacket is getting lighter every payday and by his own admission it’s only going to get worse? Would you sit there and accept it? Or look elsewhere?

or just whine on a football forum 🙄

10 hours ago, Spider said:

I feel for you and wish you All The Best.

It's a shame, however, no fucker gave two shiny shits for the other 52% who've suffered as a result of being in the EU for the past forty odd years...