Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

13 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

I feel for you and wish you All The Best.

It's a shame, however, no fucker gave two shiny shits for the other 52% who've suffered as a result of being in the EU for the past forty odd years...

Since when did EU membership cost folk their jobs? How have we suffered? 

Edited by Salford Trotter

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Since when did EU membership cost folk their jobs? How have we suffered? 

I have to agree I agree with his first sentiment Pete. But the second part is a mystery to me. 

I voted to leave I’ve not suffered by being in the eu. And am not suffering as a result of the last 3 years really or going forward. It’s a stupid comment 

Just now, Escobarp said:

I have to agree I agree with his first sentiment Pete. But the second part is a mystery to me. 

I voted to leave I’ve not suffered by being in the eu. And am not suffering as a result of the last 3 years really or going forward. It’s a stupid comment 

That's what I thought mate

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I see Royal White is still bitter as fuck about being blocked.

😊

I’ve never said what the pay packet is, I’ve only ever said it’s decreased........

Why would you block someone then continually bring them up in conversation? Weird.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/

get hunting and stop whining.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not once has he mentioned suffer, that’s in your head, he says some will benefit some won’t, that’s always going to be the case, let’s all just get on with it, roll our sleeves up and crack on. 

Im very much in the get it done and move on camp

I didn't vote for it but whatever, let's do this and I'd be amazed if my livelihood was affected by what happens next

As an aside i know my other half's business will be

But how many businesses were really struggling due to the fact we were in the EU?

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Im very much in the get it done and move on camp

I didn't vote for it but whatever, let's do this and I'd be amazed if my livelihood was affected by what happens next

As an aside i know my other half's business will be

But how many businesses were really struggling due to the fact we were in the EU?

Johnson et al have promised us a more prosperous future and so that is what they have to deliver no ifs or buts

8 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Johnson et al have promised us a more prosperous future and so that is what they have to deliver no ifs or buts

You and your kind are the very last people to talk about people being held to promises. We were promised the result of the referendum would be respected. We got the absolute opposite from you. You now deserve to be reminded of your own rock bottom standards every time you get your remoaning, democracy-denying soapbox out.

58 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You and your kind are the very last people to talk about people being held to promises. We were promised the result of the referendum would be respected. We got the absolute opposite from you. You now deserve to be reminded of your own rock bottom standards every time you get your remoaning, democracy-denying soapbox out.

https://www.samaritans.org

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I'm starting to feel sorry for you now. 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I think Paul may end up hurting someone, or himself.

Stay away from sharp objects kidda.

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Explain that to me mate?

I have been arguing this all along Stu but it seems that only now the penny has dropped. 

The UK Plc is now, according to that article, 3% smaller than it would have been had we remained in the UK. You are clever enough to appreciate why that is but those lost opportunities cannot be recovered. So if UK Plc were to invest now they are working off a lower base. 

This link might explain it better than I can

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50219036

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I have been arguing this all along Stu but it seems that only now the penny has dropped. 

The UK Plc is now, according to that article, 3% smaller than it would have been had we remained in the UK. You are clever enough to appreciate why that is but those lost opportunities cannot be recovered. So if UK Plc were to invest now they are working off a lower base. 

This link might explain it better than I can

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50219036

No I get the basic principle. But if I apply that a real business then a drop in turnover/output in any given period doesn’t mean that that is irrecoverable when offset by future potential growth. 

I worked in a world of restructuring Large businesses for a number of years and almost all became smaller at the outset but a lot were ultimately much more successful and larger than they were. Surely this is the same principal? Correct me if I’m wrong pal 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

No I get the basic principle. But if I apply that a real business then a drop in turnover/output in any given period doesn’t mean that that is irrecoverable when offset by future potential growth. 

I worked in a world of restructuring Large businesses for a number of years and almost all became smaller at the outset but a lot were ultimately much more successful and larger than they were. Surely this is the same principal? Correct me if I’m wrong pal 

But they have all lost that initial revenue which by any definition you can't recover as you will be growing off a smaller base. I am not saying that UK Plc will never ever grow its GDP but these lost opportunities have gone forever. 

Javid referenced it yesterday when he said there will winners and losers because there will be no regularity alignment across the board. Again these are lost opportunities that we will never get back as EU businesses will be forced to buy from countries, in or out of the EU, that are prepared to play by the rules. 

Not sure which thread to put this on, but it now appears Stand Up To Racism have been designated as an extremist group by the Counter Terror team.

How splendidly ironic 

Check SUTR's own website for details where those mard hen pecked pansies are bleating.

What a lovely weekend for us realists 😘🇬🇧

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

But they have all lost that initial revenue which by any definition you can't recover as you will be growing off a smaller base. I am not saying that UK Plc will never ever grow its GDP but these lost opportunities have gone forever. 

Javid referenced it yesterday when he said there will winners and losers because there will be no regularity alignment across the board. Again these are lost opportunities that we will never get back as EU businesses will be forced to buy from countries, in or out of the EU, that are prepared to play by the rules. 

When did the EU  ever abide by rules ?

Reference my post from a fortnight ago for the facts.

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

I hear you re the smaller base but what about growth potential?

what if the changes made (using my real life examples) led to a business that generated turnover and profits way in excess of what the previous Incarnation of the business would ever have achieved.