Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Also highlights that October figure likely inflated with business brought forward from November. Anyway time to switch off. Enjoy the debate chaps 

if the mouldy shit trainer cunt comes out of hiding play nice 

Obsessed. 

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Did I once say it was lies ? Hmmmmmmm....no.....I purely said you were selective AS ALWAYS...and you omitted the LIKELY bit......i know you're from Mocha Parade mate, but the schools there surely taught you the difference between likely and factual didn't they ?

Weren't you being selective? 

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Has anyone checked on PaulHanley? 

I've visions of him wandering around his neighbourhood with green skin, massive muscles and ripped clothing hanging from him as he throws cars over walls.

You ok Paul?

Folk should be more worried about you to be honest mate, I certainly am.

14 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Did I once say it was lies ? Hmmmmmmm....no.....I purely said you were selective AS ALWAYS...and you omitted the LIKELY bit......i know you're from Mocha Parade mate, but the schools there surely taught you the difference between likely and factual didn't they ?

My old fella had a bookies down there and very lucrative it was too but I was a grammar school lad😉

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Folk should be more worried about you to be honest mate, I certainly am.

You've no need to worry.

I'm trying to sprinkle a touch of light to the darkness of this thread.

If you ask me 99% of the time, I couldn't give a dry fuck what happens in Europe or Westminster. I just enjoy the hashtag bants.

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Weren't you being selective? 

Peter, I know you're a bit pissed now and very patronising,  but this thread is dedicated to Brexit, is it not ?

In your article, uploaded by yourself, it mentioned Brexit once as a likely event.....am I right ? Not a fact in the article just a likelihood.

I'm sorry for pointing out the facts you cannot clearly comprehend.

Sleep well sir, which I must now to maintain my workload tomorrow whilst you lie in bed hoping to stir further reaction  x

1 minute ago, Spider said:

You've no need to worry.

I'm trying to sprinkle a touch of light to the darkness of this thread.

If you ask me 99% of the time, I couldn't give a dry fuck what happens in Europe or Westminster. I just enjoy the hashtag bants.

That's good to hear, but as a mate I do worry.

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Peter, I know you're a bit pissed now and very patronising,  but this thread is dedicated to Brexit, is it not ?

In your article, uploaded by yourself, it mentioned Brexit once as a likely event.....am I right ? Not a fact in the article just a likelihood.

I'm sorry for pointing out the facts you cannot clearly comprehend.

Sleep well sir, which I must now to maintain my workload tomorrow whilst you lie in bed hoping to stir further reaction  x

Sorry to disappoint you but I have not had a drink mate😂

The Government's own ONS were the authors of the report and of course Brexit is a cause of the slowing economy. The ONS was looking back at past performance not forecasting...so the headlines are facts not conjecture

Sleep well mate

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

The Government's own ONS were the authors of the report and of course Brexit is a cause of the slowing economy. The ONS was looking back at past performance not forecasting...so the headlines are facts not conjecture

Sleep well mate

Peter, how many times need I ask this question you great big Dumbo ? 

Have I disputed what they say ? No...I disputed the bit re Brexit and the solitary likely reference.

Like I say....put your red down, .let me sleep please and go to the opticians tomorrow x

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Peter, how many times need I ask this question you great big Dumbo ? 

Have I disputed what they say ? No...I disputed the bit re Brexit and the solitary likely reference.

Like I say....put your red down, .let me sleep please and go to the opticians tomorrow x

sleep tight mate

13 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Sleep well mate

The ONS is independent of government. It reports to Parliament.

So after 1208 pages, we're still the same. The discussion has changed. There are obsessives on both sides, I remember having huge arguments with those who I worked with who didn't understand the feeling of anger beyond London (and I still believe the EU has been the focus of this, which was wrong- the anger was completely understandable) for the remain vote. It crystallized around us vs them not about what the EU meant to us; which is why i totally get the derision being foisted upon Paul Hanley who, even if you you voted leave is a hobbiest of the anti EU league.

However, why I'm angry is that the anger at neoliberialism (and quite right) has been coalesced around a populism that will never help those it says it speaks for. Be angry, but for fucks sake, but don't support those that would trample over you for nothing than more a few years of power. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

So after 1208 pages, we're still the same. The discussion has changed. There are obsessives on both sides, I remember having huge arguments with those who I worked with who didn't understand the feeling of anger beyond London (and I still believe the EU has been the focus of this, which was wrong- the anger was completely understandable) for the remain vote. It crystallized around us vs them not about what the EU meant to us; which is why i totally get the derision being foisted upon Paul Hanley who, even if you you voted leave is a hobbiest of the anti EU league.

However, why I'm angry is that the anger at neoliberialism (and quite right) has been coalesced around a populism that will never help those it says it speaks for. Be angry, but for fucks sake, but don't support those that would trample over you for nothing than more a few years of power. 

Derision? I get more support than derision. And those who give out the derision are often discredited democracy deniers who have a perfect three year track record of getting everything wrong. Who cares about them?

I would respectfully say please stop mixing up populism and patriotism. They're very different. This goes right to the heart of what people like Thornberry, Starmer and the rest of the woke, self-entitled liberal elite don't understand. Until comparatively recently it was perfectly possible to be to the left of the political spectrum yet still be proud to be British. The current caste in the Labour Party sneers at patriotism - often with use of the word "populism" and an insinuation that to be proud of nationhood automatically means "far-right". Michael Foot was very left wing in the 1980s - but he was clearly proud and respectful of our institutions, our heritage and our democracy. The same could be said of Tony Benn - a man who was especially proud of our democratic heritage. That's what made him anti EU. Neither of John Smith or Tony Blair could be categorised as having anything like the same mindset as the current mob. Gordon Brown's idiotic 2010 election campaign reference to the Rochdale lady who expressed a view on immigration as a "bigot" was the first sign of what was to come.

What does the EU get the blame for? Mr Benn was correct. It gets blame for being deeply, deeply undemocratic. It has a fig-leaf parliament hiding where the power really lies - with unaccountable and unelected officials/commissioners. It gets the blame for incrementally seeking to suppress nation states with its creeping federalism and for the way it has blunted the growth of European economies with its oppressive and stifling regulation. The culture of this country's democratic and legal tradition is from communities upwards, not officialdom downwards. Power is with the people. That power is lent to politicians and can be taken away at elections if we see fit.  This is just not the case with the EU. Lots of people have had enough and that really counted in 2016 and 2019.

In summary - the left's dreadful woke squeamishness about many things including nationality/patriotism ..... and the EU's direction of travel and track record. Labour can undertake as many inquests and focus groups as they want - they won't be able to escape it if they want to be electorally credible.They're going to have to start holding their noses and representing the views of the working class rather than hectoring and lecturing to them.

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lisa Nandy just been on North West tonight.

Suggesting similar.

Still has brexit baggage hanging over her, but she seems more real.

She’s really good, she gets it, not sure the rest of the candidates get it, choosing the wrong leader going to result in another 5 years of labour being out of government. 

• Site Supporter

Fishing rights don't half get folk hot under the collar. Reduced stock and overfishing is an issue with or without the EU. Fishings +- impact is tiny for the UK economy yet it is always brought up. Sure, if you live in Grimsby then it could well be hugely important to you but in UK terms it is more emotive than anything. 

• Members
5 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Derision? I get more support than derision. And those who give out the derision are often discredited democracy deniers who have a perfect three year track record of getting everything wrong. Who cares about them?

I would respectfully say please stop mixing up populism and patriotism. They're very different. This goes right to the heart of what people like Thornberry, Starmer and the rest of the woke, self-entitled liberal elite don't understand. Until comparatively recently it was perfectly possible to be to the left of the political spectrum yet still be proud to be British. The current caste in the Labour Party sneers at patriotism - often with use of the word "populism" and an insinuation that to be proud of nationhood automatically means "far-right". Michael Foot was very left wing in the 1980s - but he was clearly proud and respectful of our institutions, our heritage and our democracy. The same could be said of Tony Benn - a man who was especially proud of our democratic heritage. That's what made him anti EU. Neither of John Smith or Tony Blair could be categorised as having anything like the same mindset as the current mob. Gordon Brown's idiotic 2010 election campaign reference to the Rochdale lady who expressed a view on immigration as a "bigot" was the first sign of what was to come.

What does the EU get the blame for? Mr Benn was correct. It gets blame for being deeply, deeply undemocratic. It has a fig-leaf parliament hiding where the power really lies - with unaccountable and unelected officials/commissioners. It gets the blame for incrementally seeking to suppress nation states with its creeping federalism and for the way it has blunted the growth of European economies with its oppressive and stifling regulation. The culture of this country's democratic and legal tradition is from communities upwards, not officialdom downwards. Power is with the people. That power is lent to politicians and can be taken away at elections if we see fit.  This is just not the case with the EU. Lots of people have had enough and that really counted in 2016 and 2019.

In summary - the left's dreadful woke squeamishness about many things including nationality/patriotism ..... and the EU's direction of travel and track record. Labour can undertake as many inquests and focus groups as they want - they won't be able to escape it if they want to be electorally credible.They're going to have to start holding their noses and representing the views of the working class rather than hectoring and lecturing to them.

Perfectly put sir. Have a +1.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

She’s really good, she gets it, not sure the rest of the candidates get it, choosing the wrong leader going to result in another 5 years of labour being out of government. 

I agree. Common sense Northern lass. That said, I doubt she will get it and sincerely hope she doesn't. I want the continuity Corbyn candidate to get it to give the best chance of continuity of their abject failure.

Edited by bolty58