Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

All tucked up asleep by 10, I’m surprised the leaver brigade weren’t all getting an early night - I believe there was a lot of talk about the hard work starting today, I’d hate to think they’d turn up to the first day of a new job hungover.

Come on you visionaries , we’re looking to you to lead us to the better future, time to put your money where your mouth has been, no time for rest. It’s the moment for that old British hard work ethic that was apparently suffocated whilst being part of the EU, the moment to stretch our wings and be the truly global nation now we have been released from the Brussel’s gulag....

Rise yourself up you Visionary men, no more need to sit on the sidelines blaming others, you are finally in control. In the words of Henry V, ‘the fewer men, the greater the share of honour.’ Rise from your slumber leavers, the day is yours, I hope to god you and your leaders know what to do with it.

Perhaps get a full English in a Spanish bar, or stick another sanger on an Australian BBQ? 

43 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

All tucked up asleep by 10, I’m surprised the leaver brigade weren’t all getting an early night - I believe there was a lot of talk about the hard work starting today, I’d hate to think they’d turn up to the first day of a new job hungover.

Come on you visionaries , we’re looking to you to lead us to the better future, time to put your money where your mouth has been, no time for rest. It’s the moment for that old British hard work ethic that was apparently suffocated whilst being part of the EU, the moment to stretch our wings and be the truly global nation now we have been released from the Brussel’s gulag....

Rise yourself up you Visionary men, no more need to sit on the sidelines blaming others, you are finally in control. In the words of Henry V, ‘the fewer men, the greater the share of honour.’ Rise from your slumber leavers, the day is yours, I hope to god you and your leaders know what to do with it.

Perhaps get a full English in a Spanish bar, or stick another sanger on an Australian BBQ? 

What a very strange post

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Time to deliver us to the promised land. 

Yep all on The leavers. Because we’ve contributed nothing during our time in the eu so it’s all now on us to deliver. How many years of this do you think we will be listening to?

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yep all on The leavers. Because we’ve contributed nothing during our time in the eu so it’s all now on us to deliver. How many years of this do you think we will be listening to?

I should imagine you'll have to listen to it until life is demonstrably better than it is at the moment. And rightly so. At which point you'll be able to say 'I told you so' and we'll all have to grudgingly admit you were right.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I should imagine you'll have to listen to it until life is demonstrably better than it is at the moment. And rightly so. At which point you'll be able to say 'I told you so' and we'll all have to grudgingly admit you were right.

Rightly so? So it’s down to the leavers to make a success of it correct? Just like we’ve not lifted a finger whilst in the eh? 

Utter bollocks 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

We have listened all through this charade to nothing but how our lives will be so much better outside of the EU. So all I want now is for Johnson et al to show us what we have been missing out on all these years. It better be damn good

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Rightly so? So it’s down to the leavers to make a success of it correct? Just like we’ve not lifted a finger whilst in the eh? 

Utter bollocks 

It's up to the leaders who promised us that it would be in our best interests to prove it. 

And like I've said numerous times before on here, I'm looking forward to playing whatever part in trying to make the best of it that I possibly can. I'm a realist - think it was a poor decision but this is where we are and we've got to make the best of it.

You can't be expecting people not to judge where we go from here? Surely?

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's up to the leaders who promised us that it would be in our best interests to prove it. 

And like I've said numerous times before on here, I'm looking forward to playing whatever part in trying to make the best of it that I possibly can. I'm a realist - think it was a poor decision but this is where we are and we've got to make the best of it.

Didn’t you almost vote to leave?

• Site Supporter

There’s some Turbocunts on both sides.

For every video of thick Brexiteers, there’s a tweet by Terry Christian.

My eyes are fixed firmly on The Deal.

It needs to be good or Boris - and by extension each and every person who voted for him - has fucked us.

Ive no issue with leaving the EU, but only if we get something better. Otherwise it’s all been rather pointless.

But better has to be better. Demonstrably so. Not just spirited platitudes and whimsical visions of a Dads Army Britain.

The Deal is everything now.

19 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I was hoping the hysterics would stop. 

same as always it’s upto us all as a society to work hard and deliver the best for us and our families. That’s it for me. Nothing more nothing less. 

people are already starting to point the finger and we’ve been out less than 12 hours. It’s mind blowing   

I’m not saying you are one of them before you think this is aimed at you it’s not.  but there will be an awful lot of people who want this to go horribly wrong just so they can say we told you so. It’s farcical and these folk should be lined up and shot for me as they’re of no use to society