Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

😂

We're basically a country of thicko's whose only enjoyment in life comes from getting drunk and eating snacks that smell like farts whilst discussing how much better we are than the foreigners. 52% of us anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We're basically a country of thicko's whose only enjoyment in life comes from getting drunk and eating snacks that smell like farts whilst discussing how much better we are than the foreigners. 52% of us anyway. 

😂😂 coming from the forum drunk 🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, Escobarp said:

What he says is true though Pete in that apart from the odd snippet of anecdotal evidence as per the likes of spider , where are these horror stories that were loudly predicted? Genuinely I’m not seeing them when I’m out seeing clients, albeit they are larger companies at the top end of the scale but I’m not seeing the mass downward impact that was predicted. 

Do you know of any such examples that you could share with us? 

Complete fucking disaster for my firm. We buy our RAWS in $, make it in U.K. and sell the end product in £. The uncertainty of BREXIT drove +20% inflation that couldn't realistically be passed on. We’ve lost a lot of good people through a number of restructures with the impact of BREXIT being the main reason given. A lot of firms would have been negatively impacted by such a sharp de valuation in the £ 

On the flip side, do we have any evidence of any major firms who have done well directly because of BREXIT? Sure there must be some exporters but I can’t think of any decent size ones. Given we import more than export I’d imagine more have lost than won from the weak pound. 

It’s just the short term though thus far, let’s see what the medium term brings. If it’s a Canada style trade deal that doesn’t include services then it’s a complete shit show. We need services, especially financial services to be front and centre of a deal with the EU. Not the fishing industry that brings in 2 and 6 

On the other hand we need a major trade deal to off set the decline with the EU. It’s either the US or China, you can’t have both, likely to be US. Pissing them off over Huawei and dot com tax won’t help 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

For a drunk though he was right about one thing, he said that we would still be in the EU in 2020 and he was mocked for being a complete lunatic by many on here 

He was right then and the many were wrong 

Aye but check the people who mocked him. I wouldn’t trust them to predict that night follows day correctly.

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

So you're not bothered if we end up worse off? How can you be not be fussed of we end up in a worse place/position than we are today? I presume its because you plan to retire abroad, hence you don't really give a fuck what happens to the UK

My view is will be fine and we will prosper,  I’m never leaving UK full time and will hopefully have property here until I die. I want the UK to be one of the strongest economies in Europe and while we have done ok I believe we are the best nation on earth and can do even better. 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

And the numerous things he got wrong? 

I’m sure he has been wrong about plenty on here, as have we all, nobody has a crystal ball 

However the mocking over that prediction and the impending ‘banana up arse’ sticks out more than anything as it went on for about 600 pages 

Just find it funny it’s not had much of a mention now he’s been confirmed right

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My view is will be fine and we will prosper,  

Did you not think that we were fine and prospering anyway? 

I thought the idea was that we ‘unshackle ourselves from a carcass’ and go our own way to achieve double digit GDP growth like the developing world 

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My view is will be fine and we will prosper,  I’m never leaving UK full time and will hopefully have property here until I die. I want the UK to be one of the strongest economies in Europe and while we have done ok I believe we are the best nation on earth and can do even better. 

Belief, emotion and English exceptionalism. It’s so obvious it’s actually painful.