Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Changing the subject ? The thread is the re the EU, not the election thread.....change your readers fella.

As for not reading the Eurozone report......quell surprise .......

I've just had a quick read and France and Italy are indeed having some issues. The ECB may well have a part to play in supporting their recovery. It's good to know that we both we acknowledge GDP as the indicator of a country's economic health👍

Good to see Germany beginning to turn it around and Spain are doing well too. 

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I've just had a quick read and France and Italy are indeed having some issues. The ECB may well have a part to play in supporting their recovery. It's good to know that we both we acknowledge GDP as the indicator of a country's economic health👍

Good to see Germany beginning to turn it around and Spain are doing well too. 

Some issues eh ? 

How long before they go into recession ? The ECB may bail them out ? Hardly en ouraging is it ?

Please sell the EU to me mate, it wont be an easy sell with all the problems they're currently experiencing. 

I'll get a beer and some popcorn whilst I wait 🍺🤭

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Some issues eh ? 

How long before they go into recession ? The ECB may bail them out ? Hardly en ouraging is it ?

Please sell the EU to me mate, it wont be an easy sell with all the problems they're currently experiencing. 

You get to wear a daft blue beret with 27 gold stars. 😂

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

You get to wear a daft blue beret with 27 gold stars. 😂

😂😂

And be part of the new EU Army ....what  a thrilling and exciting future lies ahead for a failing project....a project described as basically fucked by their own unelected wankers in charge.

Watching the EU implode will be like playing Kerplunk.

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Some issues eh ? 

1 in 10 jobs in the UK are dependant on EU trade

The EU accounts for 45% of our exports

That is why the EU is so important to the UK

19 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

1 in 10 jobs in the UK are dependant on EU trade - because we couldnt trade with anyone under free trade unless the said so 

The EU accounts for 45% of our exports - see above 

That is why the EU is so important to the UK - agree and will remain important. I think I keep missing where we are told we won’t be trading with them and many others going forward 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

1 in 10 jobs in the UK are dependant on EU trade

The EU accounts for 45% of our exports

That is why the EU is so important to the UK

Stat I heard the other day was around 90% of uk business doesn't export.

God knows how they get these stats, but you could go on forever and a day chucking them about. Pointless.

A deal will be reached, and both the EU and the UK will take it from there.

The end of the world isn't nigh, and the whites have a 100% win rate post brexit. You can have that stat for nowt.

3 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I haven't said we won't be but those two stats are just highlighting that the EU is our most important trading partner and it's in our interest to ensure we get a trade deal that protects those jobs/exports

Is it not in the EU's interests too ? Your sight has so much tunnel vision

6 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I haven't said we won't be but those two stats are just highlighting that the EU is our most important trading partner and it's in our interest to ensure we get a trade deal that protects those jobs/exports

Correct and as far as I’m aware that is what the government are looking to do. Unless you can show me something that contradicts that?

So I’m not sure why people keep pointing out the eu is an important trading partner. We all know this.  

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Correct and as far as I’m aware that is what the government are looking to do. Unless you can show me something that contradicts that?

So I’m not sure why people keep pointing out the eu is an important trading partner. We all know this.  

yet we keep being told its a corrupt failing entity, all i am pointing out is that its important to a lot of UK companies that we get a deal that works both ways

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

yet we keep being told its a corrupt failing entity, all i am pointing out is that its important to a lot of UK companies that we get a deal that works both ways

The leaders of the EU have said repeatedly it is in trouble and in urgent need of reform. Shall I post the links again ?

The eu is important as it currently contains a lot of our key trading partners. We don’t trade per se with the eu in real terms as the eu is just an umbrella. we trade with these countries with the permission of the eu via membership and now under transition.  And we will retain that permission. 

if the eu as an entity failed we would still have the same trading partners. 

ive not personally passed comment on the EU’s morality  or whether it will be around in 5/10/20 years. If it is great. If it’s no no problem. Like I say these countries with whom we trade will still be there and will still want to trade with the UK 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

The eu is important as it currently contains a lot of our key trading partners. We don’t trade per se with the eu in real terms as the eu is just an umbrella. we trade with these countries with the permission of the eu via membership and now under transition.  And we will retain that permission. 

if the eu as an entity failed we would still have the same trading partners. 

ive not personally passed comment on the EU’s morality  or whether it will be around in 5/10/20 years. If it is great. If it’s no no problem. Like I say these countries with whom we trade will still be there and will still want to trade with the UK 

i agree but there are rules that their members abide by and we won't be so that is a huge issue that needs resolving in the next 11 months

i agree but there are rules that their members abide by and we won't be so that is a huge issue that needs resolving in the next 11 months

Did you see what I posted the other day from our Company chief Economist? 

Edited by Escobarp