Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Weirdly, a haulier I know has been chundering on about border posts in Kent for ages, but even I ignored him on the grounds it was too preposterous and he was just being a right bulb.

He's currently foaming at the mouth.

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

One of my clients is one of the largest logistics companies in the UK. I’m meeting them next week so shall reserve judgement til then

We should be amassing quite a number of dinghies at the moment. Can have a repeat of Dunkirk with hundreds of them loaded with goods, surging across the channel.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Interesting that the remoaners are still firing away. Get over it FFS.

That’s an interesting take on the situation in Kent.

If the Germans had managed to Annexe a square inch of British soil so easily you’d be picking up your gun and scootering it down the M6 before your trifle had set.

But it’s ok for Brussels to do it?

Barnier tickling your belly.

11 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Taking back control😂

We've left the EU. On December 31 we cut our remaining ties to their internal rules. All that's left for remoaning die-hards like you is rifling through media reports for any straw you can clutch at. This is the sad, sorry state of affairs that has been reached for people with your outdated views. The world is changing. You are being left behind.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We've left the EU. On December 31 we cut our remaining ties to their internal rules. All that's left for remoaning die-hards like you is rifling through media reports for any straw you can clutch at. This is the sad, sorry state of affairs that has been reached for people with your outdated views. The world is changing. You are being left behind.

You’re ok with the potential situation in Kent?

And bear in mind the government seem to think it’s a very likely outcome.

Edited by Spider

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

its going to right piss me off driving into Kent every weekend. Although I do put Kent on my address so maybe I'll be behind the wall. Maybe I'll get to keep my EU passport, which will be great as the other half just got her new blue one and its really shit.

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

That’s an interesting take on the situation in Kent.

If the Germans had managed to Annexe a square inch of British soil so easily you’d be picking up your gun and scootering it down the M6 before your trifle had set.

But it’s ok for Brussels to do it?

Barnier tickling your belly.

Do fuck off ginge. Your sort swallow everything that's fed to you - particularly if it gives you a chance to cling on.

Ginger klingon. Has a bit of a ring to it.

52 minutes ago, Spider said:

Of course he is, it's exactly what he voted for.  A bit of disruption in Kent is a small price to pay when you consider all the benefits like blue passports and making all our own trade deals eg. Japan (exactly the same as we had as an EU member).

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Do fuck off ginge. Your sort swallow everything that's fed to you - particularly if it gives you a chance to cling on.

Ginger klingon. Has a bit of a ring to it.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat

:-)