Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

8 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

True, I'm just interested.  He has constantly said there would be a deal but it is obvious now that some uncomfortable compromises will be necessary for that to happen.  

No matter what those compromises are, he'll say they are good. If we decided we would allow free movement, in order to get a free trade deal, he'd probably agree with that and say it's a great idea. No matter what the deal, no way will he say it's not a good one

37 minutes ago, Sweep said:

No matter what those compromises are, he'll say they are good. If we decided we would allow free movement, in order to get a free trade deal, he'd probably agree with that and say it's a great idea. No matter what the deal, no way will he say it's not a good one

Yes I know he will. That's why I'm trying to get an answer from him beforehand and if it goes beyond that he can't wriggle out later. I doubt he will answer though.

33 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Yes I know he will. That's why I'm trying to get an answer from him beforehand and if it goes beyond that he can't wriggle out later. I doubt he will answer though.

I will wait until the deal is signed and sealed before I comment, no doubt I will not like some partsof the deal,  but thankfully we will be all able to put this behind us and move on as an independent nation and get on with making our way in the world.     

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I will wait until the deal is signed and sealed before I comment, no doubt I will not like some partsof the deal,  but thankfully we will be all able to put this behind us and move on as an independent nation and get on with making our way in the world.     

Aye.

Because we were having a nightmare beforehand :-)

But a shit deal is still a deal.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We already had a shit deal, we voted to leave that shit deal (EU membership) We move forward under on our own steam. Stop skriking, man up, you voted out.   

It's the our own steam bit that worries me.

Whilst I admire your steadfast confidence in the current mob to get all these magnificent deals, I don't share it.

If you were doing the negotiating I'd be much happier because you reckon it's a piece of piss - this lot don't seem to have your acumen and belief. Sounds to me like a trade team of you, Bolty and Mr Grey would have 200 trade deals wrapped up by lunchtime, whilst having the USA licking our boots.

Pity

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's the our own steam bit that worries me.

Whilst I admire your steadfast confidence in the current mob to get all these magnificent deals, I don't share it.

If you were doing the negotiating I'd be much happier because you reckon it's a piece of piss - this lot don't seem to have your acumen and belief. Sounds to me like a trade team of you, Bolty and Mr Grey would have 200 trade deals wrapped up by lunchtime, whilst having the USA licking our boots.

Pity

I am thankful that Frost is heading up the negotiations I have more faith in him than Boris and the muppets in the cabinet. 

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We already had a shit deal, we voted to leave that shit deal (EU membership) We move forward under on our own steam. Stop skriking, man up, you voted out.   

Fifth largest economy in the world, FTA with our nearest trading partners, free movement to work and live in different EU countries, medical care whilst abroad, ability to use immigrant labour to easily fill employment in areas of skills deficiencies (especially for service industries and the NHS),  more holidays, improved health and safety provision for workers, equal treatment of part-time/agency workers, Wales/Scotland/N Ireland all being net beneficiaries of EU money, very highly developed environmental standards and legislation which has driven improved water/air quality across borders.  But yeh it was totally shit and the passports were the wrong colour.

14 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Fifth largest economy in the world, FTA with our nearest trading partners, free movement to work and live in different EU countries, medical care whilst abroad, ability to use immigrant labour to easily fill employment in areas of skills deficiencies (especially for service industries and the NHS),  more holidays, improved health and safety provision for workers, equal treatment of part-time/agency workers, Wales/Scotland/N Ireland all being net beneficiaries of EU money, very highly developed environmental standards and legislation which has driven improved water/air quality across borders.  But yeh it was totally shit and the passports were the wrong colour.

You thought it was a good deal, most folk who voted thought it was a bit shit, hence we voted Leave. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

You thought it was a good deal, most folk who voted thought it was a bit shit, hence we voted Leave. 

Are you ready for the people didn’t know what they were voting for/it wasn’t about the deal it was about stopping immigration/thick owd racists 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Are you ready for the people didn’t know what they were voting for/it wasn’t about the deal it was about stopping immigration/thick owd racists 

I've never understood why people always trot out the "thick old racists" line, plenty of them who voted to leave weren't old 😉

24 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Fifth largest economy in the world, wont change FTA with our nearest trading partners one will be agreed , free movement to work and live in different EU countries will not change, medical care whilst abroad, reciporcal will be agreed ability to use immigrant labour to easily fill employment in areas of skills deficiencies (especially for service industries and the NHS) Can now allow folk from outside and based on best person for the job,  more holidays, Would of happened in or out of EU improved health and safety provision for workers, equal treatment of part-time/agency workers, Would of happened in or out of EU Wales/Scotland/N Ireland all being net beneficiaries of EU money while the UK was nett contributor , very highly developed environmental standards and legislation which has driven improved water/air quality across borders.Would of happened in or out of EU  But yeh it was totally shit and the passports were the wrong colour.  Blue is much nicer than shitty burgundy 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

It's already changed, we are now the sixth largest economy

Them bloody indians eh!

Be good to be able to increase trade with a burgeoning economy. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-and-india-agree-to-deeper-trading-relationship

46 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You're basically saying "we'll get exactly the same deal we had when we were members of the EU" whilst claiming "what we had was a shit deal, so we're better off out".

How much did it cost us? The state of play in the EU is for a growing federal state, the U.K. is completetly at odds with that growing fedralism, for that alone it was time to depart. You really really need to move on, it is done.  

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How much did it cost us? The state of play in the EU is for a growing federal state, the U.K. is completetly at odds with that growing fedralism, for that alone it was time to depart. You really really need to move on, it is done.  

Move on from what? Pointing out your flawed logic?

"We're going to get everything we had, but we won't have to contribute anything." You're either incredibly naive, or incredibly stupid.