Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

Don't really want to go over old ground

But

We were told leaving would be beneficial. NHS with more money than it knew what to do with, trade deals so easy it was basically a handshake in a pub, money, freedom, no chocolate faces taking all our jobs and houses.

I liked that. It appealed to me. I actually trusted the people telling me that it was the right choice.

Turns out, much of it was a lie. And it's been a steady stream of whoppers ever since, culminating in the Oven Ready serving of hot dogshit in a catshit sauce.

It could still be done right, but I never banked on the people doing the deal being Dominic fucking Cummings and a shadowy cabal of hedge fund managers and seasoned twats who need another few billion in the bank tax free. And I love capitalism in general.

Don't worry, it's all just a negotiating tactic.

3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Am I missing something? What has asylum seekers got to do with eastern European people coming over here to work?

leigh white tried to educate the pub blaming it on the Tories when it was in fact Labour. 

Before you start too, look at the dates and look at which Eastern Europeans are still asylum seekers to this day 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

leigh white tried to educate the pub blaming it on the Tories when it was in fact Labour. 

Before you start too, look at the dates and look at which Eastern Europeans are still asylum seekers to this day 

So Leigh is awash with Albanians?  They would be better off back at home surely? 🤣

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Eh fella, they are all Charlatans, read the post again, my opinion is the EU unelected ones are Ultra charlatans.

No used getting eat up about it, we are leaving, no matter what. 

We’ve already left

32 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Have we found this link yet confirming negotiations are off or was it as suspected just bullshit?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54566897

The PMs secret adviser (presumably Cummings) has dropped it in. There is a caveat ‘unless’. 
What I really do not understand is how a Government that needs to be totally focussed on the virus as are Governments all round Europe, is not saying we need to delay by a few months.  Boris made a similar comment in today’s press briefing. 

Edited by Ani

1 minute ago, Ani said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54566897

The PMs secret adviser (presumably Cummings) has dropped it in. There is a caveat ‘unless’. 
What I really do not understand is how a Government that needs to be totally focussed on the virus as are Governments all round Europe, is not saying we need to delay by a few months.  

Whooooooooosssh