Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Farrelli's link.

You trawl through 3 decades of bickering fella so don't give me that bullshit 😤 

Point me to his link or lack thereof. Let’s the dog see the rabbit.

i only go through previous stuff when Mounts has made one of his hilarious claims 😁

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not really. But, if they're not going to change their approach, and we're not, then fuck if off and start preparing. 

We prepared 6 months ago when 95% of our Irish customers fucked off 

rofl 🙃🙃🙃

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

We prepared 6 months ago when 95% of our Irish customers fucked off 

rofl 🙃🙃🙃

The same Irish people who voted twice ORIGINALLY against EU treaties.

I do note growing discontent for a while now over there. Ireland didn't want to be part of an EU defence force, let's see how last their EU loving lasts eh ?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

The same Irish people who voted twice ORIGINALLY against EU treaties.

I do note growing discontent for a while now over there. Ireland didn't want to be part of an EU defence force, let's see how last their EU loving lasts eh ?

They’d be the last to leave.

every motorway you drive on over there was paid for by Europe.

Trust me, having dealt with them for years, they wouldn’t leave. A referendum would be 80/20 in favour of staying.

They've benefitted way too much.

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Whooooooooosssh

Yeah way over my head. 🥺🥺

Here is me thinking someone asking about trade talks being called off would want a link to the story  

I noted there was a caveat ‘unless’  

Not sure what has gone over my head  

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Yeah way over my head. 🥺🥺

Here is me thinking someone asking about trade talks being called off would want a link to the story  

I noted there was a caveat ‘unless’  

Not sure what has gone over my head  

Sorry mate, that link was mentioned hours ago.

17 minutes ago, Spider said:

Trust me, having dealt with them for years, they wouldn’t leave. A referendum would be 80/20 in favour of staying.

You mean by being a net contributor for a few years now ?

Great isn't it ? All my Irish mates want to see the back of it.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You mean by being a net contributor for a few years now ?

Great isn't it ? All my Irish mates want to see the back of it.

Your Irish mates I don’t know, so can’t comment.

The Irish folk I dealt with are a very broad spectrum of political backgrounds, but to a man and woman were EU supporters.

They would admit that it isn’t perfect, but in a vote, no doubt where their cross would go.

They wouldn’t get anything like the same level of trade and financial support from the UK (not would they ever want to rely on us since they mistrust us).

maybe over the border, the more Protestant-influenced lads would see it differently. But in the republic, it’s an EU stronghold

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Your Irish mates I don’t know, so can’t comment.

The Irish folk I dealt with are a very broad spectrum of political backgrounds, but to a man and woman were EU supporters.

They would admit that it isn’t perfect, but in a vote, no doubt where their cross would go.

They wouldn’t get anything like the same level of trade and financial support from the UK (not would they ever want to rely on us since they mistrust us).

maybe over the border, the more Protestant-influenced lads would see it differently. But in the republic, it’s an EU stronghold

WTF would we give financial support to Ireland? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

WTF would we give financial support to Ireland? 

I’m speaking hypothetically. Miami suggested they want to leave the EU but the people I know over there understand the level of support they get from the EU.

They’d be much worse off without it. If they left (never going to happen) they’d still need support from outside.

Dont know how much you’ve dealt with Ireland, but beyond Dublin, Cork and Waterford, it’s years behind us. Years.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not really. But, if they're not going to change their approach, and we're not, then fuck if off and start preparing. 

You mean the approach our Government agreed with and signed up to in the oven ready deal?

Boris is playing a game here. I just hope it doesn't end up biting us on the arse. 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I’m speaking hypothetically. Miami suggested they want to leave the EU but the people I know over there understand the level of support they get from the EU.

They’d be much worse off without it. If they left (never going to happen) they’d still need support from outside.

Dont know how much you’ve dealt with Ireland, but beyond Dublin, Cork and Waterford, it’s years behind us. Years.

I have 4/5 customers in Ireland, they seem to be fairly loyal,  but it’s busier when the pound is weak. Maybe the Irish punters just don’t like you. 

41 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sorry pal, but read the full pdf on the M1 motorway in Ireland. See how much Ireland paid towards it, over 48%, sorry to be pedantic and brings FACTS into it again....

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

What amazes me is that the voters of Leigh give a fuck about party politics until shortly before the next General Election.

I think these dicks will actually get more and more people to take an interest in politics

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Sorry pal, but read the full pdf on the M1 motorway in Ireland. See how much Ireland paid towards it, over 48%, sorry to be pedantic and brings FACTS into it again....

So they paid less than half the cost of a brand spanking new motorway.

I have family and work colleagues in Ireland, every one of them would vote stay if there was a referendum. They all think we are fucking nuts (to put it mildly!) given our ties with the EU.