Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It does and hard negotiation. No deal serves nobody. Said it for months and it’s still the case that I believe it. So I can’t see why we end up there. Not saying we won’t as anything is possible but I can’t see it happening. 

We also need to add in the cost of running all the border checks on goods leaving and entering the country plus whatever reconciliation system we need to monitor, report and collect the tarriffs. 

8 hours ago, Ani said:

We also need to add in the cost of running all the border checks on goods leaving and entering the country plus whatever reconciliation system we need to monitor, report and collect the tarriffs. 

We do you’re right and I’ve never said anything to the contrary 

• Members
16 hours ago, leigh white said:

What's the grub like in Australia ?

Looks like an overgrown bulbous maggot M. Served in flash restaurants on a piece of tree bark to give you the 'outback experience'. The aborigines just dig em up and eat them there and then.

Only ever eaten one. Bit of a honey flavour. They like to test newly arrive 'poms' with them. Not many can face putting the little wriggling bastards in the mouth. Where have I heard that before?

Edited by bolty58

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And?

Politician in telling lies shocker.

He'll certainly not be taking lectures off, or being bothered by her.

Or any MEP

She should for completeness say that it’s the worst possible outcome for the EU as well no? 

I still also don’t ever recall anyone saying we would spend 350m on the nhs. The bus slogan was ambiguous but I’ve never seen that actual promise committed to writing? Anyone? 

other than that she’s actually bang on in what she’s saying really if, and it’s a big if, we are to believe that he’s the only issue here and furthermore she appears to be absolving the EU of any blame which I’m struggling with I must admit as that isn’t what I’m seeing. I’m seeing both sides fucking about. But she doesn’t say that. Wonder why ?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

She should for completeness say that it’s the worst possible outcome for the EU as well no? 

I still also don’t ever recall anyone saying we would spend 350m on the nhs. The bus slogan was ambiguous but I’ve never seen that actual promise committed to writing? Anyone? 

other than that she’s actually bang on in what she’s saying really if, and it’s a big if, we are to believe that he’s the only issue here and furthermore she appears to be absolving the EU of any blame which I’m struggling with I must admit as that isn’t what I’m seeing. I’m seeing both sides fucking about. But she doesn’t say that. Wonder why ?

It is the worst case scenario for the EU for sure. However, they have also more leverage simply through their economic size for one. Secondly they have their union to protect; yes I know this is a point raised by Brexiters to leave but the reason stands. Thirdly, their economic hit by no deal is far from good but can be absorbed more easily over the bloc than the UK as a new independent trade partner.

They have to see us as a 3rd country commercially, economically, politically and every other "xxx"ally going. It is just the way it is.

I hope they can come up with an agreement but I fear either way (deal or no deal) all we will end up with is money wasted, trade hit and our goodwill eroded.

I genuinely hope I am wrong, as this along with Covid-19 has the potential to be a shitstorm for many businesses.

30 minutes ago, Ani said:

What did you disagree with that she said ? 

It’s got nowt to do with her or her party, we are in the midst of a negotiation and how we operate and what tactics we use are justified to get the to the end point, her bleating about the U.K. coming back to the table is of little interest to our government, we will talk if they will show flexibility, if they don’t then it’s our rightful call to stop negotiating. This is how you have to operate with the EU and we’ve known it from day 1.  

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It is the worst case scenario for the EU for sure. However, they have also more leverage simply through their economic size for one. Secondly they have their union to protect; yes I know this is a point raised by Brexiters to leave but the reason stands. Thirdly, their economic hit by no deal is far from good but can be absorbed more easily over the bloc than the UK as a new independent trade partner.

They have to see us as a 3rd country commercially, economically, politically and every other "xxx"ally going. It is just the way it is.

I hope they can come up with an agreement but I fear either way (deal or no deal) all we will end up with is money wasted, trade hit and our goodwill eroded.

I genuinely hope I am wrong, as this along with Covid-19 has the potential to be a shitstorm for many businesses.

I agree with everything You say mate. But do you not think it’s odd that they only ever say how bad no deal is for the uk? Surely they should be focused on themselves?  

of course across the board it can be absorbed but for some sectors in certain countries a no deal really is an horrific thought. My employer have brought in our own tariffs on our goods from Jan 1st to try and cover ourselves so that we know we aren’t going to face a huge financial hole in the event of no deal. This has already surpressed demand and will do so next year also   We are the second biggest market in the world for our product so it’s a catastrophic outcome for certain parts of our business which most are domiciled in the EU.