Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

39 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I think you’ve missed the point!

The EU will still trade with us, even though we are out on the 31st.

More than 5,000 BAE Systems employees directly support the Typhoon programme in the UK, supporting a further 10,000 jobs in the UK economy as a whole.

Work will commence in 2021 at BAE Systems’ sites in Lancashire, maintaining continuity of Typhoon production through to the mid-2020s and sustaining high-value engineering roles in the North of England.

The new aircraft will join the existing German Air Force Typhoon fleet from the mid-2020s and will be equipped with the latest technology, including an advanced electronically-scanning radar.

The combat air sector delivers £6 billion of revenue to the UK every year and is responsible for 87% of the nation’s defence exports, a significant proportion of which comes from Typhoon. Few areas of Government spending deliver such impactful economic returns – export sales of Typhoon have already returned more than double the UK Government’s £12 billion investment in the programme to the UK economy. 

Excellent news 

I'm surprised the Germans are forking out for new aircraft, surely they'd just be better waiting until the EU forces all the Member States to merge their forces into an EU army, that's 100% happening shortly. Then the cost would be split, and should save them a few quid.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

The EU will still trade with us, even though we are out on the 31st.

More than 5,000 BAE Systems employees directly support the Typhoon programme in the UK, supporting a further 10,000 jobs in the UK economy as a whole.

Work will commence in 2021 at BAE Systems’ sites in Lancashire, maintaining continuity of Typhoon production through to the mid-2020s and sustaining high-value engineering roles in the North of England.

The new aircraft will join the existing German Air Force Typhoon fleet from the mid-2020s and will be equipped with the latest technology, including an advanced electronically-scanning radar.

The combat air sector delivers £6 billion of revenue to the UK every year and is responsible for 87% of the nation’s defence exports, a significant proportion of which comes from Typhoon. Few areas of Government spending deliver such impactful economic returns – export sales of Typhoon have already returned more than double the UK Government’s £12 billion investment in the programme to the UK economy. 

Excellent news 

Eurofighter

Think about it 

See if you can spot the obvious

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm surprised the Germans are forking out for new aircraft, surely they'd just be better waiting until the EU forces all the Member States to merge their forces into an EU army, that's 100% happening shortly. Then the cost would be split, and should save them a few quid.

Yep, it is happening. No one can say when but it is happening. FACT!

Maybe so. I am still  not sure why this is such a bad thing in reality. As the shit hot country we are we will boss the new EU army anyway surely? But what about the Navy and Airforce? Do we keep them in the UK or not because it is only the army mentioned again and again?

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Eurofighter

Think about it 

See if you can spot the obvious

I'm seeing big bucks, long contracts and jobs for the north.

A service BAE have been producing for years.

A sign that the EU will still provide the UK with contacts.

Yes it strengthens their Air Force but it strengthens our economy. You think if BAE turned it down or lost the bid they wouldn't have been built elsewhere?

• Site Supporter
Just now, wanderer1984 said:

I'm seeing big bucks, long contracts and jobs for the north.

A service BAE have been producing for years.

A sign that the EU will still provide the UK with contacts.

Yes it strengthens their Air Force but it strengthens our economy. You think if BAE turned it down or lost the bid they wouldn't have been built elsewhere?

This is a thread about the EU

Where do you think all this money is coming from?

• Site Supporter

I can guarantee you - the Eurofighter contract is nothing to do with the EU. If anything, it's proof that we have always been able to sign contracts with other European countries, regardless of the EU.

Edited by Cheese

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I can guarantee you - the Eurofighter contract is nothing to do with the EU. If anything, it's proof that we have always been able to sign contracts with other European countries, regardless of the EU.

Never thought I'd say this but well done. You're certainly in a good position to know about this.

Is your job safe after Brexit ?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Yes it's about the EU.. My point is Germany in the EU is providing the UK out of the EU with a massive contract and job stability.

Which they would have done regardless. This was always happening.

Your inference is that this happened Despite the EU, not because of an alliance that was formed as part of the EU.

You need to just do some reading up on Eurofighter.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Which they would have done regardless. This was always happening.

Your inference is that this happened Despite the EU, not because of an alliance that was formed as part of the EU.

You need to just do some reading up on Eurofighter.

It seems to me they won the bid... Nothing guaranteed.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Never thought I'd say this but well done. You're certainly in a good position to know about this.

Is your job safe after Brexit ?

Not quite sure what you mean by "well done", or me being in a "good position to know about this"?

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

John? 😀 

How do you possibly have time to follow over 8k people?

I follow a select few on a daily basis, but if folk follow me, then I'll be courteous and 'follow' them back....use your brains fella 😄 🤣 😂 

I must have a thousand sets of eyes reading every single article online and spend a trillion hours a day on there by your reckoning John 😄 

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I follow a select few on a daily basis, but if folk follow me, then I'll be courteous and 'follow' them back....use your brains fella 😄 🤣 😂 

I must have a thousand sets of eyes reading every single article online and spend a trillion hours a day on there by your reckoning John 😄 

Aye, alright Brian😀

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Dunno how you manage that

your timeline must be like a news ticker on meth