Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

31 minutes ago, Ani said:

Ok. Good use of your time. Pity really as when you turn down the rhetoric and put forward you researched views on such as BLM you actually make real strong cases. But anyway up to you. Let the Tim Tams and Vegamite roll. 

Others just churn this out. Thought you had a bit more. 

Oh trust me fella, I will do in depth research on this, thank me then 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Yes I am, seeing you lot bleated relentlessly every time there wasn't news of deals being done.

Enjoy the posts, as they will be rich and plentiful buttercup.

Good news. But you need to come back when new trade exceeds that what we had already been doing with the EU.

If that happens then I'll be interested.  Till then we're fannying about playing catch up to get back up to where we already were. 

Sincerely  hope we manage it though!

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

No wonder the EU want a deal with us... We are Massive 🇬🇧💂🏰

So we buy a lot from Canada. And will continue to do so.

Where's the graph that shows our exports to Canada? Odd that they chose to omit that, but I'm sure you'll sort that out for me double quick!

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Where's the graph that shows our exports to Canada? Odd that they chose to omit that, but I'm sure you'll sort that out for me double quick!

He won't understand what you're talking about

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

You see your response is as bad as some of the stuff that gets chucked the other way. The fact we have a deal is a good thing. The fact it continues the current EU deal relieves some of the concerns we have all had about the future. To try and pick holes in that because the split is more imports than exports just seems like you are looking for problems. We do about half as many imports btw. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

You see your response is as bad as some of the stuff that gets chucked the other way. The fact we have a deal is a good thing. The fact it continues the current EU deal relieves some of the concerns we have all had about the future. To try and pick holes in that because the split is more imports than exports just seems like you are looking for problems. We do about half as many imports btw. 

I don't disagree, but he posts stuff without any balance whatsoever.

This "deal" is simply an agreement to continue trading under the EU terms we already are.

He clearly thinks it's some fantastic new deal that we've suddenly pulled out of nowhere.

It is not better, it is not worse. It is just the same as we had.

Now, that's fine, but don't herald it as some kind of victory. Because it certainly isn't.

As Kent White said - Brexit was supposed to improve the dreadful situation we were in with the EU.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don't disagree, but he posts stuff without any balance whatsoever.

This "deal" is simply an agreement to continue trading under the EU terms we already are.

He clearly thinks it's some fantastic new deal that we've suddenly pulled out of nowhere.

It is not better, it is not worse. It is just the same as we had.

Now, that's fine, but don't herald it as some kind of victory. Because it certainly isn't.

As Kent White said - Brexit was supposed to improve the dreadful situation we were in with the EU.

So do not get dragged down to the same level ? Or we can spend next 4 years scoring points. 

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Good news. But you need to come back when new trade exceeds that what we had already been doing with the EU.

If that happens then I'll be interested.  Till then we're fannying about playing catch up to get back up to where we already were. 

Sincerely  hope we manage it though!

We discussed this yesterday do catch up Florence 😉 

52 minutes ago, Ani said:

Well said, he just loves to pick holes, then gets taken apart regularly 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Well said, he just loves to pick holes, then gets taken apart regularly 

No idea why he does it, it's embarrassing really. Any post with the slightest of good for the UK quickly gets downtrodden by the Spider. But...but...but where is the graph? Was it better last week or is it the same? Get the schematics out! Show me proof of everything you say... Blah Blah Blah 💤

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

No idea why he does it, it's embarrassing really. Any post with the slightest of good for the UK quickly gets downtrodden by the Spider. But...but...but where is the graph? Was it better last week or is it the same? Get the schematics out! Show me proof of everything you say... Blah Blah Blah 💤

Explain how I have pulled it apart, dear boy?

I have only pointed out the facts.

Boom facts, possibly.

It is the same deal we have always had.

That is good. Very good. It was a very good deal.

Wouldn't you agree?

6 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Wouldn't like to be his better half when she tells him what's for tea.......especially if it's British made 😄 

To be fair to wanderer1984, and I really dont want to be,  Canada and the "12 years to agree a deal" was often cited by remainers as a reason why negotiations would flounder once we'd left.

Now I've no idea if I'm comparing apples with oranges but if this current bunch of slack jawed incompetents have managed to thrash out a comparable deal in 4 years that took the EU 12, then fair play.  It should be celebrated. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Wouldn't like to be his better half when she tells him what's for tea.......especially if it's British made 😄 

Aberdeen Angus yesterday

Lancastrian free range chicken this evening.

Locally sourced water (tap)

Home baked bread made with English flour.

Bet you're having some mass produced European nonsense like Dolmio, you gastronomic traitor.

Trade deals are good. Let's be very clear on that.

But we should want better ones, or why leave?

By settling for the same, you are merely showing the lazy, backward traits of our EU counterparts.

Personally, I strive for more. Aspirational Brit through and through.

Just now, Spider said:

Aberdeen Angus yesterday

Lancastrian free range chicken this evening.

Locally sourced water (tap)

Home baked bread made with English flour.

Bet you're having some mass produced European nonsense like Dolmio, you gastronomic traitor.

Trade deals are good. Let's be very clear on that.

But we should want better ones, or why leave?

By settling for the same, you are merely showing the lazy, backward traits of our EU counterparts.

Personally, I strive for more. Aspirational Brit through and through.

Settling for the same ? That is just for starters you peasant whilst we save money and the EU starts to crumble as other members have to fork out more between less members in a very tough economic time at present. You simply don't comprehend the advantages which lie ahead for us, whilst "the lazy,backward traits of our EU counterparts" (your words fella) mean they stagnate and take eons for them to agree on one single deal due to what Goofy Guy stated the other week.

You live in the past, I don't,  I have vision, yours is fucked.

I'll ask you this, how long did it take the EU to agree a deal with Canada ? Enjoy your research whilst I dine on some fine English produce.

I take it you won't ever eat fish n chips again as it's so meaningless to you ?

13 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

To be fair to wanderer1984, and I really dont want to be,  Canada and the "12 years to agree a deal" was often cited by remainers as a reason why negotiations would flounder once we'd left.

Now I've no idea if I'm comparing apples with oranges but if this current bunch of slack jawed incompetents have managed to thrash out a comparable deal in 4 years that took the EU 12, then fair play.  It should be celebrated. 

I didn't see this post re the time it took the EU to strike a deal with Canada. Saves Spider the time to look.

A prime example of why the EU is shocking and why they want unimanity.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Settling for the same ? That is just for starters you peasant whilst we save money and the EU starts to crumble as other members have to fork out more between less members in a very tough economic time at present. You simply don't comprehend the advantages which lie ahead for us, whilst "the lazy,backward traits of our EU counterparts" (your words fella) mean they stagnate and take eons for them to agree on one single deal due to what Goofy Guy stated the other week.

You live in the past, I don't,  I have vision, yours is fucked.

I'll ask you this, how long did it take the EU to agree a deal with Canada ? Enjoy your research whilst I dine on some fine English produce.

I take it you won't ever eat fish n chips again as it's so meaningless to you ?

I don't eat fish n chips as it's peasant chow.

It's easy to agree a deal that you've already got. It's not like they started from scratch. :D

Justin "Shall we just carry on as we are?"

Boris "Yeah, go on then"

Fin

Anyway, this is all small pollock fry in the face of the impending EU deal.

Mounts has stated what is acceptable. I notice you haven't...

A precedent is set with Canada. Let's see if they can manage to agree the same without £350million a week going into their pot. THAT would be a success.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I don't eat fish n chips as it's peasant chow.

It's easy to agree a deal that you've already got. It's not like they started from scratch. :D

Justin "Shall we just carry on as we are?"

Boris "Yeah, go on then"

Fin

Anyway, this is all small pollock fry in the face of the impending EU deal.

Mounts has stated what is acceptable. I notice you haven't...

A precedent is set with Canada. Let's see if they can manage to agree the same without £350million a week going into their pot. THAT would be a success.

The deal was agreed in quick time, despite of Brexit and the uncertainty around it, which you people said wouldn't happen in the memory of man. We would be outcasts, the nation everybody would ignore, we would have foot shortages , army on the streets, deep economic recession etc.

We are doing OK and will continue to do so despite your elongated sulking.

Glad you enjoyed your Aberdeen Angus, must be the first time you've had it, as you haven't stopped fucking bleating about it😆 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

The deal was agreed in quick time, despite of Brexit and the uncertainty around it, which you people said wouldn't happen in the memory of man. We would be outcasts, the nation everybody would ignore, we would have foot shortages , army on the streets, deep economic recession etc.

We are doing OK and will continue to do so despite your elongated sulking.

Glad you enjoyed your Aberdeen Angus, must be the first time you've had it, as you haven't stopped fucking bleating about it😆 

I didn't bleat about any of the things you mention above.

Just for the record.

Like most of us level-headed types, I voted to leave for a Better Britain, but have seen enough evidence since the vote to create a number of concerns which I have raised.

I will always question the decisions taken by the government of the day because politicians of all colours make my skin crawl. Equally, people who think Brexit is going to be a free and easy path to an easy life for UK PLC are addled and occasionally need to be reminded to pipe the fuck down.

The same goes for foamy mouthed remainers like Terry Christian.

I believe in Britain, but I'm free to question anything i choose, only a democracy-denier would disagree.

The simple fact is this - I'm still on the fence with it all. As @royal white likes to point out - making predictions is foolish, we'll know when we know.

I'll be a lot more confident if the EU deal is a good one. Let's just leave it at that. My chicken is nearly ready.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I didn't bleat about any of the things you mention above.

Just for the record.

Like most of us level-headed types, I voted to leave for a Better Britain, but have seen enough evidence since the vote to create a number of concerns which I have raised.

I will always question the decisions taken by the government of the day because politicians of all colours make my skin crawl. Equally, people who think Brexit is going to be a free and easy path to an easy life for UK PLC are addled and occasionally need to be reminded to pipe the fuck down.

The same goes for foamy mouthed remainers like Terry Christian.

I believe in Britain, but I'm free to question anything i choose, only a democracy-denier would disagree.

The simple fact is this - I'm still on the fence with it all. As @royal white likes to point out - making predictions is foolish, we'll know when we know.

I'll be a lot more confident if the EU deal is a good one. Let's just leave it at that. My chicken is nearly ready.

Good, now cluck off 😃