Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

What, Brexit?

Brexit has been a definite since 2016.

It was a national referendum and the choice was to leave.

From that point, there have been no reasons for conversations to have taken place between the UK and the EU to define a strategy for the implementation of said result.

If you think making decisions on a trillion pound deal should come down to 2 people over a fish supper in Brussels 20 days beforehand, I’d suggest you don’t grasp the consequences.

I suspect you do really, though.

The eu would not discuss the trade deal

until WA was signed. Fact. the WA was delayed because of screechers and shit politicians. Another fact 

I suspect you know this really though 

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well tell that to those ex parliamentarians who did everything they could to scupper the process.

Would have been done ages ago if they'd accepted it and got on with the work.

This end game bit was sadly inevitable, but the shenanigans previously were unnecessary. 

Sadly, they're not all "ex" - one of them is running the show now

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Johnson has just admitted in PMQ's that his oven ready deal was just the withdrawal agreement.

Absolute farce. 

Mounts will be along shortly to say that he, and the other visionaries, thought that was obvious and knew that to be the case all along

• Site Supporter

I’ve had a listen, and at no point does he say “this oven ready agreement”

he says

”oven ready deal”

He is one of England’s bestest wordsmiths, but even he looks a cunt trying to squirm out of this.

Thing is, it’s become the norm. They back-pedal so often that it barely raises an eyebrow.

We just have to hope he doesn’t try and finger the EU bird tonight or it’ll end in carnage

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Was this not known before today though? I certainly heard it a few days ago on radio 5

It was of course known a few days/weeks ago - but let's be honest, it was sold to the public at the last general election as "oven ready" for pretty much everything.....

Not that it makes any difference now, we are where we are, and it is what it is, we'll know in a few days if we're getting a decent trade deal or not, there's no point getting het up about it anymore

Just now, Sweep said:

It was of course known a few days/weeks ago - but let's be honest, it was sold to the public at the last general election as "oven ready" for pretty much everything.....

Not that it makes any difference now, we are where we are, and it is what it is, we'll know in a few days if we're getting a decent trade deal or not, there's no point getting het up about it anymore

Im not excusing him. He’s deceived the public. It’s indefensible. He will of course say it should have been obvious what he meant. We all know he’s a lying cunt. But he’s a politician. They are all. Set fire to the lot of them and start again. Problem

is if you burned Ian blackFord he wouldn’t go out for years the fat horrible cunt. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Im not excusing him. He’s deceived the public. It’s indefensible. He will of course say it should have been obvious what he meant. We all know he’s a lying cunt. But he’s a politician. They are all. Set fire to the lot of them and start again. Problem

is if you burned Ian blackFord he wouldn’t go out for years the fat horrible cunt. 

As the flames burned around him, he’d  still be blaming the tories for using the wrong type of matches

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Let’s remember there has been a Tory majority in parliament for over 10 years now The responsibility for this lies at their door only. 

What on earth does the last ten years have to do with something that wasn’t decided or even thought about ten years ago?

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Sadly, they're not all "ex" - one of them is running the show now

Give over. He compromised and voted for May's deal in the end, even though he wasn't enamored with it.

You know full well the individuals concerned, and rightly there were removed.

Obviously still plenty on the opposite bench: be interesting to see their response if a deal is brought back. Slag it off then vote for it? Vote against but hope it goes through so as not to put their seat at risk?

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Johnson has just admitted in PMQ's that his oven ready deal was just the withdrawal agreement.

Absolute farce. 

Well that was clear and obvious and amazingly has just been discussed on the bbc with it being confirmed. Only opposition mps have used it as an attacking strap line and absolute gobbins lapping it up. Just a show of desperation from those incapable of acceptance. 

Until the withdrawal agreement was made the EU wouldn't discuss a trade deal, so no reference to it was possible.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well that was clear and obvious and amazingly has just been discussed on the bbc with it being confirmed. Only opposition mps have used it as an attacking strap line and absolute gobbins lapping it up. Just a show of desperation from those incapable of acceptance. 

Until the withdrawal agreement was made the EU wouldn't discuss a trade deal, so no reference to it was possible.

Wasting your breath mate. He struggles with stuff like this 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Spider said:

What, Brexit?

Brexit has been a definite since 2016.

It was a national referendum and the choice was to leave.

From that point, there have been no reasons for conversations to have taken place between the UK and the EU to define a strategy for the implementation of said result.

If you think making decisions on a trillion pound deal should come down to 2 people over a fish supper in Brussels 20 days beforehand, I’d suggest you don’t grasp the consequences.

I suspect you do really, though.

You're off your bonce. Truly. 

Very short memory. Forgotten the stuck parliament that wouldn't vote anything through?

Corbyn refusing to go either way, and the remain majority fucking it up. Attempts to get another referendum. 

That was purely the withdrawal agreement, and trade couldn't start as the eu wouldn't engage.

I'd suggest its you that didn't grasp the potential consequences of that parliament's actions. Though in fairness you have previously admitted you dont know much about politics. 

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

What on earth does the last ten years have to do with something that wasn’t decided or even thought about ten years ago?

The point as I think you are bright enough to appreciate is that from day 1 of the referendum being offered, actioned and then implemented we have had one party in control. Any suggestions anyone else is responsible for where we are today is just noise diverting from the issue. 
They had a short period under May (after the called a snap election) where they relied on the Irish lot. 
As much as I may not like the outcome of the above I do think with a half decent strong Tory leader we would be in a much clearer position. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're off your bonce. Truly. 

Very short memory. Forgotten the stuck parliament that wouldn't vote anything through?

Corbyn refusing to go either way, and the remain majority fucking it up. Attempts to get another referendum. 

That was purely the withdrawal agreement, and trade couldn't start as the eu wouldn't engage.

I'd suggest its you that didn't grasp the potential consequences of that parliament's actions. Though in fairness you have previously admitted you dont know much about politics. 

Parliament was controlled by the Tories. 

20 minutes ago, Ani said:

Let’s remember there has been a Tory majority in parliament for over 10 years now The responsibility for this lies at their door only. 

It is Labours fault for being shit for over 10 years. Nothing changes theyre still shit and sadly cannot even defeat a pretty shite Tory party. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

The point as I think you are bright enough to appreciate is that from day 1 of the referendum being offered, actioned and then implemented we have had one party in control. Any suggestions anyone else is responsible for where we are today is just noise diverting from the issue. 
They had a short period under May (after the called a snap election) where they relied on the Irish lot. 
As much as I may not like the outcome of the above I do think with a half decent strong Tory leader we would be in a much clearer position. 

Disagree that it is diverting. The Tory government are culpable. Absolutely.  But there are many others th at have made this almost impossible. I would be very surprised if you genuinely  believed they weren’t

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No it wasn't. Parliament is and was controlled by mps.

A majority failed to back agreements put before them, irrespective of party.

Really isn't hard to understand. 

Amazing that the majority party are not held accountable. 

• Site Supporter
On 17/12/2019 at 09:31, Mounts Kipper said:

The government are negotiating to get a deal that will not require a border in the Irish Sea,  the government are pushing for a deal to be finalised by the end of 2020 and underpinning it by putting it into law will concentrate minds, you should be welcoming this news. 

There's a Mounts post for everything he gets wrong isn't there?

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Sweep said:

This is just plain wrong. They've just run through it, and given lots of examples where it was clearly articulated that it was about the withdrawal deal. With the belief that it would pave the way to a trade deal. Get politics live on iplayer if you're not convinced. 

If folk were numb enough to think differently that's their problem.