Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Heard on the news today that M&S might have to start putting tariffs on Percy Pig Sweets. 

Maybe the fearmongering was correct. Bet the Brexiteers are regretting their vote now ......

Reformulation needed?

Use British pork gelatin not imported vegan shite! 😗

21 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Well it’s going one of two ways. 

saggy chops is facing a mahoosive libel suit and probably being bankrupted from it 

or

wee jimmy is away shortly. Rumours abound that her husband (staged clearly) is about to exit as CEO of the snp. Precursor maybe to what’s coming? 

I know where my money would be placed 

Good to see mate that folk are waking up to the dangerous divisive little rug munching , sham marriage despot that Wee Nippy really is.

I bet the lying jowls face Nazi has her hair done yet again this week 😉 

8 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Good to see mate that folk are waking up to the dangerous divisive little rug munching , sham marriage despot that Wee Nippy really is.

I bet the lying jowls face Nazi has her hair done yet again this week 😉 

Correct pal 👍🏼  Meltdown central on Twitter as her cult scramble to defend her. When asked was it the previous first minister or current both leaders of the snp who’s the liar it’s amazing how much it deflects to Westminster.

No....... listen tot he question carefully this is about the SNP 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Correct pal 👍🏼  Meltdown central on Twitter as her cult scramble to defend her. When asked was it the previous first minister or current both leaders of the snp who’s the liar it’s amazing how much it deflects to Westminster.

No....... listen tot he question carefully this is about the SNP 

And it is a cult mate, Waco in more ways than one, defending the indefensible and like you say,  attention instantly diverted to Westminster. I wonder how their audit is going re the covid funds  ?

No doubt her cult followers here will soon divert to the Tories.......5....4....3....2....1...😉 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Reformulation needed?

Use British pork gelatin not imported vegan shite! 😗

😆 Maybe

I do worry that if they don't sort the Percy Pigs issue soon that we could be facing mass revolt. 🔱

Sad news about those families have their cannabis medicine halted for epilepsy though... Hopefully someone sorts that out before it's too late. 

Well on personal note, Brexit just keeps giving.

First time back to Canterbury this evening to drop the littlest one off at mums and to keep the M20 clear they have diverted all freight down the A249 and onto the M2 for Manston. Bit of an arse, as that's the cut through route for me, more problematic is that both roads are just duel carriageways, at the best of times it can be busy, but with a load of lorries in the slow lane you've reduced one of the main routes across East Kent into a single lane. If there are any breakdowns normally its chaos as there are so few slip roads.

Also, loads of lorries in the laybys which I've not seen before and a temporary breakdown depot opposite the Kent Showground. All looks a bit shonky.

25 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

First time back to Canterbury this evening to drop the littlest one off at mums and to keep the M20 clear they have diverted all freight down the A249 and onto the M2 for Manston. Bit of an arse, as that's the cut through route for me, more problematic is that both roads are just duel carriageways, at the best of times it can be busy, but with a load of lorries in the slow lane you've reduced one of the main routes across East Kent into a single lane. If there are any breakdowns normally its chaos as there are so few slip roads.

Also, loads of lorries in the laybys which I've not seen before and a temporary breakdown depot opposite the Kent Showground. All looks a bit shonky.

To what extent is this due to Brexit?

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Erm.... are you being deliberately obstuce?

Humour me, what do you think.its down to?

I’m reading that it’s a combination of factors, inc Coronavirus 

You have put it down to Brexit. So I ask the question again.

Just now, boltondiver said:

Yes its played it part obviously. 

Still, all clear until I hit the A20 in Sidcup. Held by the police for an hour. Love that they seem to use that to filter drug dealers into a bottleneck.

On 09/01/2021 at 17:54, London Wanderer said:

Sad news about those families have their cannabis medicine halted for epilepsy though... Hopefully someone sorts that out before it's too late. 

Where are you hearing that from? Genuine question. Not point scoring. I have links into various epilepsy charities and haven’t heard anything?

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Grim them roads at the best of times.

On 08/01/2021 at 19:31, Escobarp said:

Well it’s going one of two ways. 

saggy chops is facing a mahoosive libel suit and probably being bankrupted from it 

or

wee jimmy is away shortly. Rumours abound that her husband (staged clearly) is about to exit as CEO of the snp. Precursor maybe to what’s coming? 

I know where my money would be placed 

Been a very tough weekend mate for me,  only just having a catch up now.

How's it looking for Ivy-Sturgeon Tyldesley ?

The Visionaries wouldn't happen to be the realists once again would we pal ? 😉 

Just dusting off my favourite Bay City Rollers record for that deceitful bloated boot......even Blackford getting stuck into her now 😷 🤒 🤢 🤮 

10 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Where are you hearing that from? Genuine question. Not point scoring. I have links into various epilepsy charities and haven’t heard anything?

Aye, no worries 👍

Heard it on the radio the other day mate. Been in most papers. 

Brexit: Cannabis medicine's halt 'devastates' epileptic girl's family - BBC News

Mum fears child could die as Brexit blocks off medicinal cannabis | Metro News

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

They asked Hancock the other day. Wasn't paying too much attention at the time, but I did hear something about the Dutch, and talks expected to resolve to situation. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Also some shelves lacking products in some supermarkets in NI. A number of hauliers not getting their paperwork in order.

It won't be long before everyone gets used to the new systems. 

Funny though that the UK has allowed a 6 month period of grace for incoming vehicles before the checks are ratcheted up.

11 hours ago, Ani said:

11 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They asked Hancock the other day. Wasn't paying too much attention at the time, but I did hear something about the Dutch, and talks expected to resolve to situation. 

Ah OK. Just caught up with this. Yeah it’s the Dutch one and not the GW Pharma one that’s licensed in the UK. Thought that was the one being referred to which confused me. Hope it gets sorted. It’s a strange situation with the Dutch one but with kids suffering like that Alfie you always have to side with the parents imo

Edit: GW Pharma licensed in UK for clarity

Edited by MancWanderer

I see lots of problems for the Irish importing from U.K. suppliers on products made outside of U.K. these are being charged duty into U.K. and the buyer in Ireland has to pay duty again, the  EU & U.K. under pressure from the likes of M&S to look at this again, many companies in U.K. have temporarily stopped exporting to Ireland. Be interesting to see how this gets resolved. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see lots of problems for the Irish importing from U.K. suppliers on products made outside of U.K. these are being charged duty into U.K. and the buyer in Ireland has to pay duty again, the  EU & U.K. under pressure from the likes of M&S to look at this again, many companies in U.K. have temporarily stopped exporting to Ireland. Be interesting to see how this gets resolved. 

You'd think the logical thing would be to miss the UK out, and go from the continent straight to Ireland. The Irish/EU have had 4 years to sort this out, so zero sympathy for them really.

We've just discovered in the last few days, that we have to pay 4% duty now on some products that we didn't used to pay any duty on. Not a major issue really, we'll just pass it on. The irritating thing is that if we got them direct from China where they're actually made, we wouldn't pay any duty at all, but we are forced by the manufacturer to buy from their European hub, so not really any way around it

Edited by Sweep

So problems at Irish border, tariffs being charged, issues in financial services and supplies of drugs. 

Have not even mentioned ban on cheese and ham butties. 😂😎🙄

Can not be long before the sky falls in. 😁🤪

On 10/01/2021 at 22:55, tomski said:

Grim them roads at the best of times.

They're not too bad most of the time in winter, but if an accident happens you can be in a jam for hours. Summer is the ballache, time it wrong and you get caught up in the London going to Seaside for the day mob there and back (which is when most of the accidents happen) then there is the caravans going to France at the start of school holidays or even before all this, operation Stack could get the M20 all snarled up before you can even get off it.