Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He talks some utter bollocks, n.Ireland better of joining with Southern Ireland, the Southern Ireland that was bankrupt not long ago. 

Easy to say that when you're not from there.

BTW, there's no such country as Southern Ireland.

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was differentiating north from south of the island of Ireland. I’m well aware it’s ROI, Eire or just Ireland. 

You should go there and travel on the lovely motorways paid for by the EU. Like a different world to 25 years ago until you cross the border to NI and go back to 70’s🤣

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You should go there and travel on the lovely motorways paid for by the EU. Like a different world to 25 years ago until you cross the border to NI and go back to 70’s🤣

You mean the money the U.K. gave the Eu to distribute to poor nations to improve the infrastructure, and on top of the 3 billion we borrowed them to help them when they went pop. No wonder we’re stuck in the 70s. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

This 'ere EU money; where did that come from?

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

This 'ere EU money; where did that come from?

I believe it generally comes out of a central pot, that the EU member states contribute towards. Obviously as members, the UK was one of the net contributors, so some of it came from us.

I'm surprised that you didn't already know this, where did you think it came from, a money tree? - as somebody who seems to have been on the side of us leaving, it's weird that you didn't know that's how the EU works. It's one of the reasons a lot of people voted to leave

Edited by Sweep

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I believe it generally comes out of a central pot, that the EU member states contribute towards. Obviously as members, the UK was one of the net contributors, so some of it came from us.

I'm surprised that you didn't already know this, where did you think it came from, a money tree? - as somebody who seems to have been on the side of us leaving, it's weird that you didn't know that's how the EU works. It's one of the reasons a lot of people voted to leave

🙂

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Have the city sorted that £6billion hole that appeared last week yet?

thought you quit this thread you liar ?

Didn't notice your comments re the huge and much better news from Aldi etc....

Amazing how the same folk said fishing wasn't worth a wank originally are now commenting on it..talk about hypocrites and being desperate 🙄

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Amazing how the same folk said fishing wasn't worth a wank originally are now commenting on it..talk about hypocrites and being desperate 🙄

Frexit. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1381391/brexit-news-germany-angela-merkel-eu-uk-trade-deal-surplus-boris-johnson-brexit

:)

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I think most folk knew it wasn't worth a wank, in fairness it was people on the leave side who seemed to think it was a big thing, but ultimately anybody with half a brain knew it was going to be shafted eventually. As posted above, I'm delighted they've been fucked over, had they not been, then there might have been a serious impact on a proper money generating industry